User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    off to go on our ne day mini vaca -staying at son`s cabin ,leaving early so we can get there at 9.00-9.30 they have a heated pool(great for my arthritis) hubby`s back is getting better as time goes on and it only cost us 18.00 to stay the night ,we are having chicken breasts ,baked potatoes for supper,son asked us to watch cara while they take Ashlyn to mini golf -no problem -I love being around my adult kids and grandkids ,it gets more important to me as we age

so wont be on here til Wednesday -bye for now
    let us know how it is, as I would be interested in renting in that area. Enjoy!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -it's splendid that you found two beds alike and were able to arrange for their deliveries! The younger kids are sure to love being "bigger kids" now. Love your pizza deal meal!
    @coupon girl -ah, nature!
    @sassy Ashley -a change in your routine adds some spice to life! I'm understanding of the low fruit/pantry options as that is the status at my home too (need fruit and some staples ASAP). I made a point to cook half a package of spaghetti this morning and adding a tin of spiced tomato paste to a half jar of Raju original sauce with mushroom so Mom would not have to think what to make Dad for lunch. She wants a break of having to think of stuff for them to eat.

Noticed that raccoons visited a few green bins on our street today that were waiting for collection. Glad there was only one bag of peelings on top as I had branches filling the upper half of the cart.

I'll visit Value Village later this afternoon to check the price of a t-shirt I'm keen on (if it's still on the rack). Maybe I'll get some groceries at Longos at the same time. Hopefully the wind will blow away so I don't inhale dirt from the construction site on my route to the stores.

When we have thoughts of "is it hot enough today?" this summer, maybe we'll ponder which flavour of frozen breakfast pops would suit our meal needs. Clean Eating's current issue offers 3 options (cool or what?): https://www.cleaneatingmag.com/clean...te-pops_80-web

If you will have lots of zucchini to put to use, there's a slideshow of ideas of how to put them into your dishes!
    https://www.marthastewart.com/275750...?slide=3407301
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Noticed some upcoming grocery offers in the flyers that appeal to me and I'll share them with Mom as she has her own list to compile.
    Plan to use the set yogurt from the two yogurt cups this week to get my sunburnt skin to renew cells on my face and arms. Feet need a couple of scrub and Epsom salt soak sessions as well.
    Today is Home Outfitter's Senior's Day. Mom told me she wants new pillows but was not planning to go out today. Will look at the flyer to see which pillows might be on sale.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had quite the thunder storm last night. The Weather Network app was only forecasting 2mm of rain, but we received about 2”. I dropped our son off for his morning program and took our twins out in our back yard. We are under a heat advisory, so we’ll be inside for most of the rest of the day. We are eating smoothie popsicles and the water table is full. It is very humid. I pulled a lot of weeds along the side of my garden beds, mostly around the tomato and squash plants. I put in more bamboo stick supports. I don’t use metal cages for my plants because I learned the hard way years ago when the heat burn the plants that were leaning against the metal supports. We have too many spaghetti squash and butternut squash plants, but I’m not willing to kill any. I’m doing my best to direct them until they are seriously running out of room, then I’ll trim the end runners to force them to stop spreading. I already see some baby squash trying to form. I bought a bag of bonemeal because my garden seems to be calcium deficient the last few years.

I took new photos of my dill forest and posted it for sale again I’ve had a few people reply, so hopefully I can sell more of it. I took pictures of the crib before we disassembled it. I posted it for sale and had several comments. Someone is coming to look at it at noon today.

A potential daycare family is meeting us tonight. He is working in the area during the summer and requires temporary full-time care for his school age daughter.

We are moving out of tge baby stace in our house. If I get a baby on a Daycare contract, then I’ll adjust things accordingly. We moved the last high chair into our shed. We are removing the mounted baby gates, but leaving the mountings up. We are getting rid of cribs and replacing them with toddler beds. I still have a booster seat on an extra kitchen chair. I also have a playpen, if we need it in the future.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jul 10th, 2018 at 01:05 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$100 back in my pocket. I bought the crib second hand for about $100 and just got my money back from it. The sale should more than cover the cost of the new to us toddler beds.

We finally received our property tax assessment today. Dh has been paying into it while we have been waiting for the bill. Years ago we used to get a discount for paying it early. They they got rid of that assessment and didn’t have a penalty until the new year. This tax assessment says that a low interest amount will be applied August 1st, higher amounts applied each month until the end of the year. If there is any amount left come the new year, then you get hit with an additional 10% interest. *sigh* Of course they also increased the property tax amount again this year. Just to be clear, we have the money to pay the remaking amount before the end of July. I just don’t like the changes that they are imposing.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy sales!! and I love toddler beds. those are the best. the extra squash you can always sell as well. from growing giant pumpkins.. bury any vines you want. .. helps the plant grow better squash. also pinch the ends of the plant.. it will send a ll teh growth to the babies on the side.

hot day here. just chilling . been doing some housework. having a bit of a hard time emotionally. just working through it. adjusting to stuff as it comes.
    tomorrow will be a better day. hopefully husband does not snore all night long. the lack of sleep is starting to take its toll on me.

so , my fix on the dishwasher is holding ... and it looks like it will be good. that will be helpful. I really enjoy hand washing dishes.. sometimes it just gets away from me. so for thos times the dishwasher is helpfull. I am just to cheap to run it all teh time. lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Happy sales!! and I love toddler beds. those are the best. the extra squash you can always sell as well. from growing giant pumpkins.. bury any vines you want. .. helps the plant grow better squash. also pinch the ends of the plant.. it will send a ll teh growth to the babies on the side.

hot day here. just chilling . been doing some housework. having a bit of a hard time emotionally. just working through it. adjusting to stuff as it comes.
    tomorrow will be a better day. hopefully husband does not snore all night long. the lack of sleep is starting to take its toll on me.

so , my fix on the dishwasher is holding ... and it looks like it will be good. that will be helpful. I really enjoy hand washing dishes.. sometimes it just gets away from me. so for thos times the dishwasher is helpfull. I am just to cheap to run it all teh time. lol
    I dont run my dishwasher all the time either. Usually at the end of the weekend since we are on the gonand it helps keep the kitchen clean when we use it. I have last nights dishes waiting ro be put away from hand washing last night buy the dishwasher is empty.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We don’t own a dishwasher. We hand wash everything.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Today was hot but not to humid so the AC stayed off, it was warm inside but there is a breeze and all the windows are open. A load of laundry is waiting for the line.
    We had the 1st tomato from the garden and the peppers are doing well. I think I have too many hot peppers so will dry them. One pepper has the faintest hint of heat and the tag is gone so I have no idea what it is but it's doing well and the kale is amazing again.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Found my old glass blender and have been making smoothies with it. Trying to find a decent protein powder that is low in calories and in price too - any suggestions? Another heat wave is coming. Didn't buy anything (not even food) this weekend, hope the appliance person has some good news about my fridge this week, its intermittent and I recorded the loud noise on my phone.

Congrats @Giseledta on your anniversary.
    I use yogurt in my smoothies and hemp hearts for protein. Not sure on the powders. My boys buy them but find the cheaper ones clump alot when added to moisture

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I met with the new Daycare dad. He’s happy and his daughter didn’t want to leave. He’ll be dropping off the short term contract tomorrow. It’s some income.
    Giseledta, Natalka, dagney and 6 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I met with the new Daycare dad. He’s happy and his daughter didn’t want to leave. He’ll be dropping off the short term contract tomorrow. It’s some income.
    all the small amounts add up to bigger amounts and it all helps in the end.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    all the small amounts add up to bigger amounts and it all helps in the end.
    Yes, that’s part of why I have taken my last two Daycare families knowing that it was only a short term contract. The daughter seems quite nice, well behaved. Her dad spoke very well of her. She was busy playing with our children the entire visit.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day!!! Took out a peameal roast and will make eggs, hashbrowns and toast for dinner. Will be using up bread from the freezer for the toast which is great.

Did one load of laundry last night so need to put that away tonight. Will put a load on tonight including a couch blanket that needs washing.

Tonight is closet cleaning night! Pulling everything out and dealing with it all and then putting back in only what I must keep! Wish me luck
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

After hanging a load of laundry washed late last night out on the clothesline this morning, I watered the flowers and started pulling some greenery that had been left to grow but should not have been allowed to. It's obvious the raccoons were active last night (I heard one or two trill by my window) so I watered down the stained pavers.

I've decided to print off my Thank You Rewards coupon offer to gain 2200 points ($10 value) if I spent $75 by Thursday before taxes at Longos. Simply need to get some groceries today and maybe beverages by Friday to cope with the higher temperatures forecast for Sat-Mon.

Have finished watching season 7 of Gilmore Girls (last two episodes answered something for me that did not make sense in the Netflix 10 years later mini-series, A Year in the Life) and will go back to season 5 to see what happened to Rory with a boat.

There's a linen closet that needs some wrangling--those too good for daily use white towels are taking up valuable shelf space and since some bulky bedding was recently laundered, it's been hard to put away due to lack of space. Some kitchen towels need replacing as well--I noticed that my local Winners has reduced its small kitchen towel section recently (when I was jacket shopping as I browsed my favourite departments) so I'll be checking other locations plus the Ancaster Homesense store for new towels.

Breakfast was Lipton's Chicken Noodle soup. Yesterday, I realized that Dad did not eat the spaghetti and sauce but I made to point to do so. Won't make another batch of spaghetti and sauce as I'm craving something else for lunch and dinner.

Will come back online tonight-have to head home and get some tasks done!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information