User Tag List

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Regarding the Zweet app
    I sent an email requesting an etransfer for $12 that remained in my account. They agreed, sent me the password, and the etransfer within the week. I’m happy that they honoured the account balance. I redeemed my Zweet points for a $5 fodonation to the Canadian Cancer Society.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jul 16th, 2018 at 01:49 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Sobeys for a few things. Earned some Air Miles, 20% off an item, graham crackers FPC for $3.75, $3 for 4L HOMO milk because it is best by July 19 (they had another 5 jugs), redeemed $40 in AM, $8oop.

I plan on going to NF on Tuesday, price match, coupons, and points offers.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ciel : I haven’t forgotten to send you that DIY recipe! I just haven’t had some down time in the kitchen (where I keep all the recipes) yet!

DD2 hasn’t been sleeping well lately, possibly due to the heat in her room. DD1 has a ceiling fan and sleeps with the door wide open. DD2 is just wired, running up and down her crib until past midnight on some occasions. Lately, DH has been cutting her off before 11 PM and letting her cry. She usually calms herself in a few minutes, which is better than my method of sitting with her for well over two hours until she just drops and falls asleep mid-run in her crib.

Yesterday, DH decided to stay home in the great heat while I, in my madness, took our 4 year old and 19 month old to a pool party by myself. I dropped off DD1 poolside under the supervision of 20+ adults, and took DD2 inside to an old friend who held her while I unloaded the car. I grabbed the bags and raced back inside to get both children covered in sunblock, floatation devices, and DD2 changed into her reusable swim diaper. I had to leave DD2 in another auntie’s care while I made sure DD1 used the washroom. DD1 went into the pool while I took DD2 in protesting all the way, telling me she was “all done” as soon as she got her feet wet. DD1 wanted to stay in for hours, despite her great fear of getting water in her eyes. DD2 was giggling while I chased her sister around the shallow end. A slow win, but both lost their hesitation for the water in the end.

Finally, DD1 came out of the pool for dinner so I left both inside while I went outdoors to collect food from the BBQ. I set her up outside in the children’s breezy tent but the other children had eaten already and were back in the pool. DD2 I chased around inside to get her changed but not before she had an accident on the ceramic tile (thank goodness). In a house of about 20 children, it wasn’t the worst accident that day. Reusable swim diapers, I have been told, do not hold back all accidents. After getting DD2 changed, I had DD1 come inside so she wasn’t eating alone. The other children had gone back in the pool, but I did not want to go through the changing process again. They played together while I ate intermittently before feeding DD2. Unfortunately, she was the youngest there, and DH did not pack the baby chair, so I had to run to try to keep her from the stairs, while eating.

Then, it was time to pack up at 7:30 so DD2 was left in the care of two more dear friends while I raced to pack the car again. I finally got both home by 8 PM and suggested a speed bath to get rid of all the pool chemicals. DH thought it was much too late for that. DD2, I had showered and blow dried before 8:30, her usual sleep time. DD1 took longer and I had her in bed just after 9 PM. She allowed me to bathe as well instead of our usual storytime. I kept hearing DD2 crying as DH was trying to get her to bed.

After DH cut us off and DD2 cried for a few minutes, it was time to hang up the laundry I started before I got both girls in the bath. DH went to bed and I cooked some pasta so he would not have to buy lunch the next day. Of course, he forgot this morning, but, I tried. I have absolutely NO idea how single parents make it through the day. Or parents of three or more children, for that matter. Another late night, but DH and DD1 let me nap early afternoon to recharge my batteries.

Last night, I had a chance to check my email before bed and I had one birthday invitation, and one electronic letter from Revenue Canada in response to my letter in February. Their letter says my missive was dated in April, so it must have taken over a month to move it from the payment to the relief application department. My payment relief has been granted for 2017! I’m still waiting for a response for 2014 and 2018, but 2017 was the largest sum. Hooray! I will be using the amount for my crown dental appointment tomorrow, which I am certainly NOT looking forward to.

All the financial errors were made just after both children were born. Thank goodness the government accepts "mommy brain" as an excuse, though I did not cite that as one of my reasons.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I assumed that ship had sailed but I guess I will at least try to get the $9.00 in my account. short week for me as I made a last minute request to take a vacation day Friday.
    I have three loads on the lien and fingers crossed the heat is enough to dry them before the rain comes this afternoon.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It has been a busy few days-have had two guests who are leaving today along with DD who is going to Ontario to work for a month and visit her boyfriend and his family. My sister also got married here on Saturday so we basically had a mini family reunion. DH will be home tomorrow after visiting his family for the past week and a half. Next round of company arrives next Monday so lots of time to wash sheets, towels etc. I confess it has not been frugal as I have ordered in a couple of times as my back has been bothering me again and I did not feel like shopping and cooking for company-they have also been out quite a lot so hard to plan meals when you don't know who will be around. This week should be quieter.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello all!

Shopped for work this morning (bag of milk for me) and received 13,495 PC pts. My PC pts total is at $554. Still not planning to touch till hopefully Sept. when I plan to use $100 worth to stock us up on meat
    Freezer clean out is going well. Using up lots of older meat and rotating/organizing it for future purchases. I am stocking up on the Cavendish fries this week. (I should bring to my moms freezer actually since she has so much room) I have 9 bags in our freezer and will bring the rest of my purchases to my moms and replenish ours as needed.

Laundry is mostly done and put away. Will fold and put away the white towels tonight. I want to make the kids tacos this week. ( I have everything on hand needed) May be tomorrow nights plan. I will take the beef out of the freezer tonight and let it thaw over night. Another big item out of the freezer. I found one more beef roast in there as well so that will be the plan soon as well.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Ciel: I haven’t forgotten to send you that DIY recipe! I just haven’t had some down time in the kitchen (where I keep all the recipes) yet!

DD2 hasn’t been sleeping well lately, possibly due to the heat in her room. DD1 has a ceiling fan and sleeps with the door wide open. DD2 is just wired, running up and down her crib until past midnight on some occasions. Lately, DH has been cutting her off before 11 PM and letting her cry. She usually calms herself in a few minutes, which is better than my method of sitting with her for well over two hours until she just drops and falls asleep mid-run in her crib.

Yesterday, DH decided to stay home in the great heat while I, in my madness, took our 4 year old and 19 month old to a pool party by myself. I dropped off DD1 poolside under the supervision of 20+ adults, and took DD2 inside to an old friend who held her while I unloaded the car. I grabbed the bags and raced back inside to get both children covered in sunblock, floatation devices, and DD2 changed into her reusable swim diaper. I had to leave DD2 in another auntie’s care while I made sure DD1 used the washroom. DD1 went into the pool while I took DD2 in protesting all the way, telling me she was “all done” as soon as she got her feet wet. DD1 wanted to stay in for hours, despite her great fear of getting water in her eyes. DD2 was giggling while I chased her sister around the shallow end. A slow win, but both lost their hesitation for the water in the end.

Finally, DD1 came out of the pool for dinner so I left both inside while I went outdoors to collect food from the BBQ. I set her up outside in the children’s breezy tent but the other children had eaten already and were back in the pool. DD2 I chased around inside to get her changed but not before she had an accident on the ceramic tile (thank goodness). In a house of about 20 children, it wasn’t the worst accident that day. Reusable swim diapers, I have been told, do not hold back all accidents. After getting DD2 changed, I had DD1 come inside so she wasn’t eating alone. The other children had gone back in the pool, but I did not want to go through the changing process again. They played together while I ate intermittently before feeding DD2. Unfortunately, she was the youngest there, and DH did not pack the baby chair, so I had to run to try to keep her from the stairs, while eating.

Then, it was time to pack up at 7:30 so DD2 was left in the care of two more dear friends while I raced to pack the car again. I finally got both home by 8 PM and suggested a speed bath to get rid of all the pool chemicals. DH thought it was much too late for that. DD2, I had showered and blow dried before 8:30, her usual sleep time. DD1 took longer and I had her in bed just after 9 PM. She allowed me to bathe as well instead of our usual storytime. I kept hearing DD2 crying as DH was trying to get her to bed.

After DH cut us off and DD2 cried for a few minutes, it was time to hang up the laundry I started before I got both girls in the bath. DH went to bed and I cooked some pasta so he would not have to buy lunch the next day. Of course, he forgot this morning, but, I tried. I have absolutely NO idea how single parents make it through the day. Or parents of three or more children, for that matter. Another late night, but DH and DD1 let me nap early afternoon to recharge my batteries.

Last night, I had a chance to check my email before bed and I had one birthday invitation, and one electronic letter from Revenue Canada in response to my letter in February. Their letter says my missive was dated in April, so it must have taken over a month to move it from the payment to the relief application department. My payment relief has been granted for 2017! I’m still waiting for a response for 2014 and 2018, but 2017 was the largest sum. Hooray! I will be using the amount for my crown dental appointment tomorrow, which I am certainly NOT looking forward to.

All the financial errors were made just after both children were born. Thank goodness the government accepts "mommy brain" as an excuse, though I did not cite that as one of my reasons.
    I'm so glad you sent that letter in.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-i have my second round on the umbrella line outside

sweetsparrow -wow its exhausting just reading that -but yes I remember how hard it was for daughter as a single parent last year (no wonder she came home and stayed a lot here)she wonders how people with 2 do it -my dear son says his two girls can be very tiring at times -we told them we may take Ashlyn overnight this weekend either Friday or sat -I will take her to mcdonalds and maybe the new splashpad a few minutes from my house

-well my dear hubby is 59 today and son/family wish to take us to east side marios tonight which is nice ,we will meet them there
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I can definitely see how people with no help or family nearby don't go anywhere. Trying to keep an eye on two at once can certainly make you dizzy! Perhaps it's just this age. DD1 can look after herself, but after the influence of other kids and the introduction of movies and media at school, fears of the dark, monsters, zombies, etc. come rushing in so that she can't even use the washroom alone anymore. DD2 is a mischief-finder. If she's not trying to walk up and down stairs the second your back is turned, she's trying to put something in her mouth and won't trade for any age appropriate toy. I do the single parent thing until DH gets home which could be anywhere from mid to late evening.

The Revenue Canada letter didn't mention when I would receive my refund and the letter is dated today, even though I received the email that I had electronic mail in my account yesterday. There is nothing in my account as yet, so maybe as long as it takes to get a tax refund? Two weeks? I'm certainly glad I wrote the letter, but the waiting is horrible when you need the funds to transfer out soon. I'm sure I can put the dental bill on the CC until the due date.

The government refund is officially faster than the $25 Loblaws card. That's impressive.

After this dental work is an expensive car repair to replace some worn out shocks. It will be four figures, but not a surprise. I'm hoping my new credit card arrives soon.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed 12 bags of Cavendish fries at Food Basics for $8.00. Dropped them off at my mom's house in her freezer. Plan to grab more before the sale ends.

DS has received another Gov. cheque that I have tucked away for him. That is 4 in the pile. He will appreciate them down the road.

Dog was groomed and is back home. She must feel so much better now with this heat
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight's dinner is homemade tacos! I have the Armstrong cheese strings to shred for cheese. The kids don't like them so my awesome deal won't go to waste! I won't buy marble cheese till I use them up (I bought 10 packs at .25 each after clearance price and coupon!)
    Angela273, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I've started a new Loonie savings goal. I have $120.00 in a jar in my work desk I'm working on. Thinking I may use to cover my 2 year Plate renewal in the new year (cost is around $120 per year now? so aim for $250)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Too bad- my DH volunteered to take the next plane in exchange for meal vouchers and a $750 ariline credit-but I think in the end they didn't need him-I think he is enroute but that certainly would have paid for another trip!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well going thru the house posted 4 items on kijiji -lets hope they go
    I am dealing with so much heartburn -maybe I ate too much at east side marios last night
    not as humid today so that's nice

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Youngest is roaming the neighbourhood (ah to be young and have many friends with pools!!)

So mama will stop at Food Basics on the way home and hopefully get 12 more bags of Cavendish fries.
    Then once home will start cooking the ground beef I thawed today for taco meat. Will organize the freezer to put fries away and decide what to take out for tomorrow nights dinner.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information