User Tag List

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just picked up a $200 pair of Baffin winter boots second hand for $10. The lady posted them on a local garage sale Facebook page. When I picked them up she told me her daughter wore them twice and then decided she was too cool for them!
    Name:  2E6C3219-1D4C-4E62-839D-3D56CB75BE28.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  217.0 KB
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to shoppers first picked up 2x 710ml Pepsi products on for 2 for $5, 3 AXE deodorant buy 2 for 3.49$ get 3rd free, 1 body spray deodorant of old spice for $3.49, 1 Swiss cranberry supplements 500mg- 50Tabs on sale for $11.99, and 2x zero sugar monster $4.99 each.

No frills - Gatorade on sale for $1, 2x cherry cola $1.99 each, no name sandwich bags $1.97, no name fool 2x $1 each, no name yellow mustard $1, Arm & Hammer 2x $2 each, 2x glad wrap $1 each, 2x kraft bbq sauce $1 each, sugar crisp $2, source yoplait $1.97, pc Greek blueberry yogurt $3, pc skyr yogurt 3.67$, blueberry jell-o $2, chapmans premium 4L 3.97$, large frozen dinners 3x 1.97$ each, boathouse blueberry drink $4.97, 4x kiwi $2, sweet kale salad kit 7.97$, no name mozzarella sticks $6.97, havarti cheese 4.77$, plastic colander $3, 4x plastic bags. Got 400pts for deli cheese redeemed 10k pt.

Did it all in the morning before it hit 36C feels like 38C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sat, Jul 28th, 2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW what a week, we are working at 50% of our regular office staff right now. We are down 2 staff members who have left, a third will leave at the end of this week. Also a co worker's bf was in an accident and is in a Toronto Hospital.

Starting on Monday we have a new staff member starting, my brother's gf applied and has accepted one of our open jobs. I am currently being 3 people daily to cover where we are short plus now I will also need to start training our new employee.

Now with all of this being said I have stuck to not working at home. I did work an event for work yesterday, it was a long day where were at the festival from 8:30 till around 4:30 and were on our feet all day. I have to admit I am not used to being on my feet that long anymore and was really feeling it in my back.

I thought about trying to make dinner last night but decided it was best to order Pizza so Mom picked it up on her way home. I am okay with this as we have reduced our eating out drastically and planned ahead for last night. I was in bed by 8:30 last night as I was so tired.

We had an amazing week for groceries, a lot of great deal. So my plan for today is to cook and prep the groceries from this week. I would like to have enough prepped to cover all my breakfast and lunches for the week so that is one thing I do not have to think about after work this week. I am supposed to have Friday off which will make it a 4 day weekend for me and I would like to try to get keep on top of everything so I do not have to spend all of next weekend cleaning. With that being said since Mom also has 4 days off (Saturday to Tuesday) so we each have 1 day the other is not off, I have asked her to choose one area of the house for us to tackle next weekend.

Off to write myself a to do list and get started with my day. Hop everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I have decided today that I am not going to be my friends enablers I am have decided this because someone yesterday wanted me to go to the liquor store and buy them another 2L of cider since I bought them one the day before. But that’s my vice is liquor when I enter the store I have no attraction to liquor nothing I become a looky loo. Then I buy something that looks interesting and then proceed to sell it. Because well I do not drink. But it’s expensive habit.

They got irate with me last night after the liquor store closed. I said to them it was too hot outside to go pick up. Also dirty old men will ask you for sexual favours down the road to the liquor store it’s unsafe by yourself but with others it’s not. And I don’t go out after dark there is unsavoury characters along the way.

Anyways today I want to do
    Something I have 35$ in bills and in change probably $20+. None of my friends are awake it’s 7am but come 9am and they drag themselves out of bed for free coffee downstairs.

So the Richmond Bog is still on fire. The smoke is blanketed the region here and made my breathing harder because of asthma.

I am really out of it this morning but I think that’s because I am not wearing my glasses it’s really blurry. Like across the room, probably like it usually is, lol.

It’s going to be a long long day.

Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Jul 29th, 2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I think i re-injured it so i taped it up...

Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Jul 29th, 2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Mild dose of happiness in Food Basics yesterday upon seeing a display of Pepsi Throwback/Retro (full sugar pop from the 1980s) for $5.29 per 12 can case! Alas, I did not have funds to buy a case and indulge in nuclear sugar surge. I had to settle for a 49 cent package of instant noodles to make a late lunch for myself.

Rexall at Upper Paradise & Stonechurch stocks Pepsi Throwback for $5.49 per case. That store also carries the limited edition 7Up Tropical Twist pop. The Rexall at Upper Wentworth/Rymal does not stock either flavour.

Fortinos Upper James does not have the Pepsi Throwback (but does have the cases with the singers on the cans) nor the 7Up Tropical Twist but does have the limited edition 7Up cans with Yip (90s calling you) on them-$5.99 per case.

After yesterday's much needed 1h 15min rainstorm, I took set outside for a couple of long can walks. I found a couple of McCafe stickers, had a full card, had a very diluted hot chocolate (I had to get a straw after 5min to stir up the bottom to convince myself that I was not given a sweetened milk & hot water concoction-I did see some weak chocolate syrup stir up in the liquid. And no whipped cream-wah). Since the restaurant actually had the day's Toronto Sun, I figured it balanced out the weak hot chocolate. Found 6 containers=60 cents. Heard from a retail worker about a tornado watch. I was walking along one major road and noticed a very long dark grey underside of a cloud formation-like a super submarine, followed by weak muted red/purple/brown/gray clouds with loud lightning. Cue a rainstorm about 15min later that went super hard a few minutes afterwards-yes I got wet 10min from home (I did laundry-how exciting!).

Today's first can walk haul-18 containers=$1.80. Spent $1 at Fortinos for one Lipton's Sidekick flavour I have to replace (used sibling's 2 Sidekicks) but cannot find the second noodle flavour (struck out Food Basics and Rexall does not carry the product). Will check Soppers, & Walmart and as last resorts No Frills ($1 sale) and Sobeys on the way home. I know in Ancaster about one store out of five carries that particular noodle version. Found 1 McCafe sticker too. Popped into Winners to see if there are any other jackets on clearance and I only saw a really wimpy plastic parka reduced from $79.99 to $40.00. The shiny metal clasps are about the only appealing feature on said parka.

Rymal Road between Garth and Krieghoff Rd (one road west of West 5th St) is a real mess. The south sidewalk is closed so pedestrians have to make do with the temporary packed sandy gravel path on the north side between Garth and Hazelton, then bob across the road back to the south sidewalk (so much digging is going on the north side from Hazelton Ave to West 5th). I am not going to go that way again until September unless I am on the bus!

I noticed that the Cora's restaurant in Ancaster is no more. The sign is gone and replaced by a blank white sign and the interior has been completely stripped to the drywall. All the papers on the windows are gone, all furnishings are gone. 5 months after the fire, all hope of the place coming back is gone. It was very popular with locals.
    Rexall has 20% off on Tuesday's I believe if you are 55 or older. That may justify the Pepsi treat.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well hung a load of laundry today -I can hear my neighbours dryer going as I sat on my back deck (its an old one)I don't know why people wouldn't hang stuff I guess too tired ,lazy ,cant be bothered .I was tired last night when we got home at 4.30 but I still did a load of towels and hung them

also cut the back lawn had to get hubby to help me finish it as my yard is hilly and my left knee (I injured when I was 50) was giving me a hard time ,so I wrapped it

supper tonight 1 chicken breast on bbq ,tiny pork loin on bbq ,fresh zucchini roasted on bbq and fresh corn also plus fresh huge white baked potatoes-all from the farmers market yesterday .I just had a salad with the boston lettuce ,beefsteak tomatoe -oh it was so good
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well hung a load of laundry today -I can hear my neighbours dryer going as I sat on my back deck (its an old one)I don't know why people wouldn't hang stuff I guess too tired ,lazy ,cant be bothered .I was tired last night when we got home at 4.30 but I still did a load of towels and hung them

also cut the back lawn had to get hubby to help me finish it as my yard is hilly and my left knee (I injured when I was 50) was giving me a hard time ,so I wrapped it

supper tonight 1 chicken breast on bbq ,tiny pork loin on bbq ,fresh zucchini roasted on bbq and fresh corn also plus fresh huge white baked potatoes-all from the farmers market yesterday .I just had a salad with the boston lettuce ,beefsteak tomatoe -oh it was so good
    If only your neighbour could read this post, and see how much you saved by drying your towels outdoors.

Your dinner sounds really nice and healthy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some people can't hang outside to dry because of allergies. I also lived in bush years ago and neighbours had fires all the time so it would stink up clothes.

Cleaned out out the fridge and prepped dinner. Broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms with chicken breast for dinner. If I make my healthy ceaser dressing we will have salad too. Made egg, peppers and spinach cups for breakfast next 3 mornings. So happy to have all those veggies used up.

Spent $22 on a bunch of clothes for me and she delivered. All in like new condition . I checked over before handing over money. I got 4 work out tank tops, 3 dresses and 2 sweater/tops. Happy with my haul!

Have a a load in washer now and will continue to get it all done today/tonight.
    Natalka, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, all!

Shopping yesterday was purely for necessities - buns, fruit, veg, drinks. We have plenty of meat in the freezer.

Today is our 29th anniversary, really hard to believe the wedding was so long ago.
    We are still going strong, despite all the adversity we have had to deal with over this past year. Love endures!

Attachment 343419

That is my husband's brother on the left, the other two priests doing the ceremony are our friends.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy anniversary nat to you and your hubby -nice to hear from you also

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -I do have allergies -ragweed season right now -my eyes are itchy -but I am not as bad as I was years ago when I had to have shots and could hardly breathe in my 20's and 30's
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took advantage of the cooler temps and did some food prep. Oatmeal for breakfast and hard boiled eggs for lunch. I have loads of veg from a friends garden and I cooked the rhubarb down for a sauce. I also see lots of tomatoes in our future as the garden is about to burst. Groceries were bought with my PC points. I am aiming for a frugal August.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Anniversary Natalka
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I admit, I am one of those allergy people. I am allergic to grass and certain types of trees and one of the first things my allergist told me was to not hang clothes outside as the pollen/spoors get in the fibers and cause allergic reactions on my skin. We do hang some clothes in our basement but towels, socks and a few other items go in the dryer. I run my dryer twice a week which I can live with.

Got a far bit done but did not get my whole to do list done which I am okay with. I did mange to get the following done:
    Strawberries are cut up and turned into a fruit salad to use up some other fruits we had
    Zucchini has been turned into Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
    3 pack of garlic has been minced and is in oil in the fridge for quick grab and go fresh garlic
    Corns has been roasted
    Lettuce is chopped and in the fridge ready to make salads

I did not do anything with the Bok Choy, Snow Peas or Watermelon. I ran out of time as Mom bought some pork this week that I think she forgot about and well needless to say when I found it, it had not been packaged properly and bleed all over my fridge. So my fridge has been bleached.

Laundry is done, just have 1 more load to fold and put away.

Have to finish a few dishes and then I will be done for the day. Think I am going to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original) and crochet a bit before bed

Have a great night everyone
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information