User Tag List

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I earned $17 today from selling extra garden produce. I spent $4 on the EUC swim suit for our daughter to grow into. I took our son to his swimming lesson. I took a brisk walk from the pool over to our local Pharmasave. They were having a One Day Christmas in July sale with free draws. I entered the free draws, took a quick look at some items and hurried back to the Pool. Three loads of laundry done today. I used my credit card points to order a $25 gift card to Canadian Tire. I also earned $1 from a new Caddle referral.

After supper all of our children decided to join my on my trip to No Frills, which was primarily for the strawberries that were on sale.
    6x $1.47 - $1 coup = $0.47/lb.
    I had a hard time even finding 6 packages to take home, 1/2 of them are already in our freezer. At the till I was suddenly informed that I could only use 4 coupons. They actually had me purchase the other 2 packages of strawberries at another till. I said that I wanted to know how to contact the owner, because this is getting rediculpus. I was told to contact him through pm on Facebook. The same supervisor had me do 3 separate transactions a few weeks ago because of the $ amount of coupons I was using during that trip. She was concerned that she’d get in trouble for approving so many coupons in one transaction. They require the supervisor’s code in order to use $10+ in a transaction. This evening they told me the owner made the one teller do 6 transactions for the 6 Janes chicken couponsthat a lady had used recently.

I want to know if this is a policy at your local No Frills, because this was news to me. Last year I was told suddenly that I could only pm 4 of one item. I have mostly been pm’ing Produce.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:11 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday, I Spent 105$+ at shoppers drug Mart yesterday which was a Netflix 15$ card, 75$ Amazon gift card. Plastic utensils 2.50$, two PC dark chocolate with candied orange peel 2 for 4$, russel stover sugar free chocolate 6$+.

50$ at no frills I cleared off their shelf of Gatorade x2 that was on sale. I bought some crave lasagnas with Alfredo sauce with bacon and sausage( tried one when I got home it was Delicious), 3x bags of no name chips which I received 600pts for 200pts per bag, 1 bag of no name corn chips, sliced Swiss cheese, 2x red skinned potato salad $2 each, 1 jar of pickles, 1 club size pack of saltines, and 3x bags of frozen veg on sale for $2 each.

$100 on a online order to a secret place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Jul 26th, 2018 at 05:54 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    If anyone is interested in the Caddle app, I could send you an invite to the Caddle app. If you sign up that way we both get a bonus $1. The Caddle app refreshes on Thursday’s, like CO51. They have short multiple choice surveys and videos that you can earn money through. They also have a Flash Friday offer each week. This week you can get 25c from buying anything at Dollarama. They also have an offer for 50c back on chicken breasts. There are a variety of other offers available too.
    @Angela273 - Do you have a referral code? I just downloaded the app and is in the process of signing up. Send me a PM if you have one. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to shoppers seniors day today -spent 53 before tax so got an 10.00 promo card for next time
    got a few good deals
    quo eyeshadow for me 10.00-20%=8.00 -personal offer =6.43
    gain fabric softner 4.99-1.00 cpn-2.00 checkout51=1.99
    oh and 2 bags of smartfood popcorn I paid 1.83 each after cpns and personal offer and seniors discount

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I quickly read the August 2018 issue of Cottage Life magazine and learned that a broken cooler hinge (it's usually white plastic) can be fixed by making a replacment hinge from a section of garden hose. Considering that garden hoses tend to be dark (black, green or red usually), I'm not sure how visually appealing a repaired cooler will look after such a repair. Anyway, that was an interesting DIY tip.

There's also a short menu for when cottagers have summer drop in guests. The pink lemonade can be made with or without alcohol but needs some hours of advance prep.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

its suppose to be a feels like 36C today and sunday is suppose to feel like 39C or higher its suppose to be the hottest day of July on record. its already feels like 30C outside and its not even noon. I am feeling the effects of the temperature i take meds that don't make me sweat unfortunately.

I cleaned my AC filter this morning it was nasty black imagine i was breathing that in all night long.

I have suite inspection on Monday I guess that means i need to clean...not to say i don't clean but its the little touches that make or break it i guess...or i could let it go.

I had an awful sleep and paying for it not to mention my arthritis in my spine is acting up so I'm in severe pain, already had some advil that i am prescribed for pain. I have a GP appointment today at 1:30pm luckily i am getting a ride so i won't have to bear this heat on public transit that may or may not be AC. I am feeling woe is me right now. I had to get out of my room can't stay in bed all day in pain especially.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    @Angela273 - Do you have a referral code? I just downloaded the app and is in the process of signing up. Send me a PM if you have one. Thanks!
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, it already credited the $1 to my account.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We walked to the park with a friend and her kids this morning. My neighbour had gotten into a car accident last week when a lady suddenly did a left hand turn in front of her. Both vehicles are written off. Since she has to buy another vehicle, I told her about a referral program at a local dealership. I told her that if she buys from that guy, I’ll split the referral money with her. No pressure, but it would be a nice bonus.

I’ve been in a brutal amount of pain since early this afternoon. Took my prescribed med, but it didn’t do much to help.

Dh found a set of used rims for his truck for $60 today. His truck needs new tires, so we’ve been keeping an eye out. Possibly end up with a set of winter tires and a set of summer tires.

Tonight’s supper was Johnsonville breakfast sausages ($0.97 at No Frills after coupon), home made waffles, blueberries ($1 @ NF), strawberries ($0.47/lb @ NF after coupon), and milk. All the food groups covered and my kids will probably love it.

Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I finally signed up for Caddie. DH loves the Nordica smooth so that's a Nice way to start. I have found nothing on Checkout 51 for the past three months. Mostly because I am no longer stockpiling. I think August will be another eat from the pantry challenge. I spent more on groceries this month than I realized. Easy to do with the boys both home all day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Ordered Chinese food split between 3 of us on the same floor.

Doctor prescribed me a muscle relaxer for the muscle spasms I had been having all day. I paid $12 out of pocket for the script. Only 3.45$ was covered. Yeah I saved a whole $3.45. He gave me X-ray form in case my toe gets worse to get an X-ray. But he definitely told me to be more careful even if I was sleep walking. I said yeah how am I am going to remember that when I am sleep walking?

I was suppose to pick up a decorative pie plate but by the time i wanted to go out it was 29C.

Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! A nice relaxing night away tonight! Free hotel room and meals out. Sold concert tickets. Already received $100! Will collect another $300 Putting it in the vacation pot!
    Taking advantage of the pool and hot tub as soon as checked in.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Fire near by in Richmond,BC they just found it at 3 am and it’s out of control. Aaaaa! Apparently there is a smoke warning in the lower mainland due to this fire. Oh great right?!?!

Suppose to be really hot today and not looking forward to that. But I have package coming my way today so I am happy happy joy joy!

Angela273, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Crazy all the fires going on now. We have 16 out of 49 out of control in Ontario now. (at least that was how it was when I read it yesterday I think it was) I have a friend worried about the cottage.
    Angela273, Ciel and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

So far this year we haven’t had trouble with the air quality. The summer that I was pregnant with our twins we had Air qualify advisories several times. We rarely made it to the paddling pool due to the smoke, etc.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I actually no longer cut coupons for things I don't use. If I have a great coupon I am often tempted to buy stuff because it's a deal. This was my issue with glade products and all the other smellie things. It was rather liberating. Same with cleaning products. I have enough for several lifetimes. I also put the flyers right into recycling because I shop for what's on my list and I use an app not to be mentioned here so I can PM at RCSS and the 4 item limit works for me. No flyers means no temptation. We had to be ruthless once DH lost his job. Here we are a year later and still nothing permanent. Yet there is zero money stress. This thread is often a sanity saver when the temptation to keep up with the jonese reads it's ugly head.
    Me too! It's so liberating not to cut out coupons anymore. I used to cut out all the coupons for the smelly things, but stopped buying them full stop. I traded them all to a hockey mom with three boys and received bar and hand soap in return. She didn't like the fragrances, I refill the bathrooms where it just seems to flow like water for my now five year old. I glance at the first page of the flyers and they also go straight to recycling. Time is at a premium right now.

Yesterday was DD1's fifth birthday. I was trying to cook her favourite meal with DD2 clinging to my legs, slowly inching across the kitchen from the stove to the sink, carrying boiling water and trying not to let things over cook. Three helium balloons I bought from the dollar store helped to distract her, but not indefinitely.

DD1 enjoyed her presents; 2 tickets to the zoo (thank you, Air Miles), 2 Hatchanimals ($0.10 from TRU with $5 GC free from their event), and markers ($1.97 sale for 20 Crayola markers at WM). I baked cupcakes over dinner last night and we ran out of time to eat them. I reduced the sugar as there was 2 cups of sugar to 1 3/4 cups flour. She'll be having her birthday cupcake at the waterpark this afternoon.

I just noticed the time. Five years ago, minus one day, I was a new mom at 1:21 PM in the afternoon. What a past five years it's been!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information