User Tag List

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy Birthday @coupongirl .
    Not sure what my plan is today. I have a million things to do but can't seem to find my mojo. Plan to go to metro to pick up the cheap barilla pasta. I don't need it but at 13 cents after coupon it's great for the food bank. I also want to thaw my freezer but I don't feel like hauling the coolers inside. Off to finish my coffee and get moving
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just sold another $7 in stuff.
    I traded away 19lbs of green garden tomatoes for 6 500ml jars of fresh home made pickled beets. This lady ended up with virtually no tomatoes from her own garden because it got hit with hail in June.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Birthday and Anniversary Coupon Girl
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@coupon girl

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

And a Happy Anniversary!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh Lilo I totally feel the no ambition today. I knew I had a ton I needed to get done but as I drank my tea this morning I was trying to tell myself even if I did not do anything today I could get it all done tomorrow. Then reality hit that it would not happen so I decided to push myself to get some stuff done today.

The first thing I wanted to do was get laundry, we hang a lot of stuff in our basement and I would like it to be dry tomorrow so I can bring it up. I wanted to clean up my room first to try to locate a few things so I started with the couch blankets. Well those were in the washer I started to tidy up my room I had to laugh one thing I was looking for my non hoodie hoodie from work only to realize it was exactly where it should be in my dresser.

Laundry is now done, just has to fold and put away the last load. Well I was in the basement I also organized 2 shelves in the stockpile room. It is not done yet but I am getting here.

I also cleaned the kitchen, I want to do some baking and cooking tomorrow. I did not do any cooking last weekend and it showed in my breakfast/lunches this week, they were not pretty. So I cleaned the kitchen today so tomorrow I can just get to work.

I also cleaned the bathroom.

I have to say I am enjoying the cooler weather and the fact that I can get these things done without breaking a sweat and needing a fan.

Think I am going to relax with a cup of tea now. We are going to the local Pub for bros birthday tonight so no cooking tonight.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes and anniversary too -just got in at 3.00 p.m from springridge farms in Milton -it was fun went on a wagon ride ,thru a boo haunted house ,thru a corn maze (my goodness I thought it would never end) watched a puppet play -it was so much fun to see the farm thru 2 year old Sebastian's eyes -my son-inlaw bought some tarts pecan and strawberry /rubarb and sang happy birthday to me-it was nice

resting a bit now then off to supper at 5.00 with son at kelsey's with the granddaughter's and my hubby -of corse I told them it was my birthday so free cake/ice cream for me (I will share it with Ashlyn)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got my hair trimmed for the first time in over a year. I’ve been growing my hair out and even after my haircut it’s below my bra.

I called our local Salvation Army to see what their weekend sale is.
    Bogo shirts for Dh = 4 nice shirts for $8
    $1 clothes for kids = 4 nice t-shirts for ds
    $1 fall/spring coat for twin girl
    $1 t-shirt for twin boy

I stopped at the library to borrow an audio book for my road trip on Monday. I like to do this when I am travelling alone.

I picked up my my gift card win from a local bar and grill. It was $10. I was disappointed, but not surprised, when I was told it cannot be applied to the cover fee at their customer appreciation event.

I helped our son make the birthday card for the party he is attending this evening. He printed all of the words. He picked one of the sets of scented markers that I SCOPed from WM. The wrapping paper was given to us, so also free. Ds asked if I’d give the special colouring sets to our 3 children for Christmas this year. I had SCOPed them and added them to my collection. I told him I’d talk with Dh about it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 07:25 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice deals angela at salvation army and on the scoops also

had a lovely meal at kelseys with son and granddaughters -I got a free cookie with ice cream on top saved 4.49 from caa and got scene points we treated our son

lots of good birthday deals coming to my email a free harveys burger a smootie at booster juice one of 3 items from giant tiger

marksworkwarehouse had free shipping for 3 days and 20% off I just ordered 2 tanks for next year 4.45 and 4.40 after 20% off (plus ebates is 6%)-I will see how they fit and if I like them as I had very few tanks to get thru this hot summer one had too many tiny holes so now its a paint top or dye my hair top

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I had perogoies for dinner and I over cooked them because I wasn’t paying attention. They were tasty anyway 3 cheese, with sour cream. The only thing I did today was sort my bottles by counting them and bagging them writing on the bag how many i have.

There was a food truck festival like a block away from the apartment the street was full of cars and angry people. I didn’t leave the apartment building at all today or yesterday. We had a rainfall warning for 75mm of rain over two days. It was hot in my house I turned on the AC it said 75F/23.8C it now says 70C. I turned the tv on I wanted to watch the news and the election platform was on for Vancouver City mayoral race. Not something I wanted to watch or hear. Now the national is on...nothing good of course I want the local news not the national. Wah wah!! I am turning it off.

I was also listening to the radio at the same time, Multitasking.

I phoned someone earlier I don’t think they are going to phone me back. People have that habit of not doing that.

Edit: I called them and they are still in a meeting it’s been 4hours 50mins since the last time I called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked our son up from the party and was promptly greeted by the mom. She told me that our son ate the best out of all the kids at the party. He ate a plate of food and his piece of cake. He told me how our son sat and watched as the other children acted crazy and were read the riot act she said that he was one child that she didn’t have to worry about. The dad came over to tell me how our son built Legos with him. I later told our son how proud I was of him. I told Dh when we got home and we again praised him for doing so well and being a good kid.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Turned out to be a productive day. Roasted the tomatoes and froze for future use and then dehydrated a bunch of grape tomatoes. They are so yummy in the middle of winter. Made it to Costco...crazy town and no frills but they were out of zucchini and mushrooms so will try to get to RCSS Sunday. Also managed to get to giants tiger for some cheap oxi clean.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Dinner last night was nice. I am impressed that they have changed their portion size, when they first opened they had huge portions, than the last time I went they were super small like I got 10 fries with my chicken fingers, but last night they were back to a nice portion size. They are not huge but you do not leave hungry. Most of us had burgers (bro and I had beef burgers and his gf has a yam burger) and Mom had prime rib.

Today's plan is to meal prep. Still working on my plan. But I want to use the oven as the house is a little chilly so hoping the oven will take the chill off the house.

Hope everyone enjoys this wonderful Sunday

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes and anniversary too -just got in at 3.00 p.m from springridge farms in Milton -it was fun went on a wagon ride ,thru a boo haunted house ,thru a corn maze (my goodness I thought it would never end) watched a puppet play -it was so much fun to see the farm thru 2 year old Sebastian's eyes -my son-inlaw bought some tarts pecan and strawberry /rubarb and sang happy birthday to me-it was nice

resting a bit now then off to supper at 5.00 with son at kelsey's with the granddaughter's and my hubby -of corse I told them it was my birthday so free cake/ice cream for me (I will share it with Ashlyn)
    Happy Belated Birthday and Anniversary Coupon girl ..sure sounds like you had awesome day celebrating with your family ..take good care yourself sweetie

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s 6:36 I been awake since 5am I got 8hours of sleep. But I am still tired, oh well. I am listening to stingray music app through my phone. I downloaded it two days ago. I need to officially connect it to my tv I just haven’t done that yet. I have my ihome speaker that I bought off someone for $20 it’s cool it plays through Bluetooth and has LED lights too. It didn’t come with a charging cord but I have one so that’s cool. I just plugged it into the wall to charge it as its playing. It can run continuously for 3 days without charging which is cool. And it’s technically like $80 I looked it up on the internet. So for 20$ I got it for a steal.

I took out my trash yesterday it was the only productive thing I did for the day.

That person called me back saying they couldn’t promise me anything and that me checking in once a week is a joke. They asked me what I was feeling and I told them the honest truth “I feel let down, dismissed and told that I am not worthy of anything...” they proceeded to tell me I was worthy of things and that I shouldn’t have to live in a place with so many creeps. I said “well that is a fact of my life I tried to change things but things are so expensive and it’s hard to leave when the government pushes up rents and doesn’t allow anyone to move up in life. I wish things were different but they aren’t there is creeps because society allows there to be...and if I am a joke to you and how I am. asked to check in once a week then maybe it’s not a good idea that you tell women this ever again when they phone in asking for help on a continuous basis. This is a stab in the gut for anyone. how would you like it if someone told you the exact same thing? Wouldn’t you be mad, wouldn’t you be pissed off, wouldn’t you feel let down and wouldn’t you go back to your situation if it was more like life or death? Why do you work some place and tell women this? I have feelings too and I will get over this, but not before telling the world how horrible this society is of disrespecting their clients or telling women that they don’t matter because of all the years I have been talking with this society for 5 years what a joke...sorry I bothered!” Well I didn’t hang up I was still on the phone maybe I should have but something kept me on the phone. I waited for answer I think I took them back knocked them off their high horse and their unknown reasons for trying to discontinue something that has been in my life for 5 years. They came to the conclusion that maybe they were rash in their decision. They told me that I was a strong woman and that I was stating in my life what I needed if it was hard. Plus they were proud of me for standing up for myself and not taking from others. *Roll eyes*

I don’t like it when others assume that I have lots of resources in my home town because really that mirage, I don’t. I am beyond pissed off even coming to a resolution over that whole issue I still had to prove my worth to someone. I had to say code words because I was in someone else’s apartment and wasn’t comfortable having a conversation on the phone while I walked out of it trying to go to my suite.

Why is everything so stressful lately?

There is too much going on in my life and I just want to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looks like I injured my right shoulder on Friday. I gave the kids piggyback rides outside and exercised with them. It’s been hurting quite badly the last two days. I soaked it in the tub last night but it still hurts too much for me to stay in bed this morning. I can’t take antinflamatories due to the other medication I am on.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information