User Tag List

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to shoppers today seniors day -most everything was on sale I bought ribbon and bows for next year .also bought myself a mug set with the loose leaf strainer right inside $6.00 cheapest I have seen saved 5.50 in cpns and 3.25 from checkout51 and caddle also cause I spent over 50.00 I got a 10.00 promo card for next time

just shopped at the body shop got free shipping as I spent over 35.00 also as yesterday they didn't have the giftsets on sale and today they did only spent $39 but a few items are for birthdays (for my daughter/daughter-in-law) one for me a shower gel 5.00 a treat (the rep told me they didn't have a lot of orders yesterday so they had enough stock today to put the giftsets on for 50% off)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happy third day of Christmas-3 French hens!- to all members! I did Mom's banking and shopping today (there went my morning and any prospect of 3 hours of Internet, as I did some of the laundry loads so she would not have to climb any stairs). Ms. Sunshine was outside with Mr. Brisk Wind so I considered my shopping cart travels a cardio workout. Here's hoping I built some new muscle cells...and I ought to make a new purse strap for the clutch wallet which was hard to hold with shopping bags in one hand!

After I did my can refunds and my banking, I made sure to visit Shoppers for 2 boxes of Xmas cards, a roll of kraft print paper, a pop, and PC shortbread stars ($2 clearout). Then onwards to the library. Still have to speed-read the papers.

Hmm, Rexall does not have the 10% off stamps offer in the new Friday start flyer (but does have 10% off Home Hardware and Google Play gift cards). If the current flyer expires today, see if you can snap up the stamp offer at your store tonight!

Yesterday, I popped into Value Village to look at CDs, cassette tapes, books and sewing patterns. I could easily buy $20 in CDs from movies and favourite performers but restrained myself. @Lizziebargain I saw 4 Anne Lindsay book titles with variations on Lighthearted. I think a year ago in the summer or fall, you were seeking a specific golden something soup that was heart-smart from an out of print cookbook. Can you recall the book title? I saw The Lighthearted Cookbook, New Lighthearted Everyday, the Lighthearted kitchen and Lightheart something or other on the shelves at my store...name escapes me. I may be able to find the recipe if it is from Lindsay's books. BTW, VV now has 75% off holiday merchandise (new & used)
    [QUOTE]Includes new (red tag) items with a holiday theme and used items tagged as Seasonal. Excludes used jewelry. Not valid with any other coupon or discount. US and Canada stores only./QUOTE]

and 30% off new red-tag winter accessories (saw the e-mail).
    @Giseledta -likewise, few neighbours got their trash outside before the really early pickup yesterday, but most of them did get their blue boxes out before the 1:30pm collection.

I did manage a walk before dusk yesterday and noticed one house nearby has two different coloured icicle lights on their roof edge but I had to verify the colours as I passed it as I saw a yellow-warm strand that was on the side and around one corner but the next strand was a cool blue-white strand. I was not sure I was seeing the colours correctly but my eyes still work from a distance...
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 29th, 2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: corrected VV sale details
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OK, I did a quick online order to pick up at the local HBC store. Here's hoping the inventory really is there-will wait until tomorrow before I trek out unless of course I get confirmation all is well before the next 20min passes.
    Dad's undershirts have become a bit rundown from the daily wash/bleach laundry cycle and Mom was not agreeing with me to get more but I saw a deal on a two-pack of them plus a pair of pyjama bottoms for me (they better fit!).
    When I have the order in hand, then I can cut up the worst two shirts for rags and put the new ones into use. Heehee indeed!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I found a mini conair straightening brush for $12.97 (after the $15 clearance sticker was applied) at Rexall. Popped into Shoppers and bought dairy box for $6, a huge chocolate bar for $7.20, dove set for $12.50, cerave soap $3. May go back to Shoppers and get the $6 mug with strainer as I have lots of loose tea but find the mini strainer hard to clean, this mug comes with a lid too.

I don't understand Shoppers - I have only 8,000 points but have a loaded offer - if I spend 50,000 points I get 25% back....how is that relevant to me? My offers continue to be terrible.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Dec 27th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis-i got the last $6 mug today at my shoppers just had a lovely davids fruit tea in it -I was tired of the silicone one I had because the bits always got loose ,this is way better ,I felt I deserved it

off to babysit on Friday -only have baby cara as Ashlyn is going to her other grandparent's for the day -so a little break for me

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twins have been under the weather, but everyone else seems to be healthy. Our guests are debating coming to see us or cancelling. They got very sick last January after they travelled around visiting a bunch of family, but they seem to believe we were the cause. All of our kids were healthy when they did the short visit last year.

My afternoon was quite stressful. I’ve had trouble with one daycare family for a while now. The mom now tried to break the childcare contract and leave me hanging. She’s trying to blame me for her leaving my childcare business, since I am closed for 6 days in January and reduced the rate accordingly. I’ll know next week if she decides to pay her outstanding bill or not. I’ll need to post my advertisements again and contact families that I previously turned away.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I don't understand Shoppers - I have only 8,000 points but have a loaded offer - if I spend 50,000 points I get 25% back....how is that relevant to me?
    Not much at all, but to be fair, it's not impossible to earn 42k by late tomorrow.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Not much at all, but to be fair, it's not impossible to earn 42k by late tomorrow.
    true, I earned over 50000 today and spent 80.00 before tax.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

The bus was stressful going there I jumped on the earlier bus and looked around a strip mall in the next town over. I bought a ice tea from wave coffee shop for 4.15$ while I waited before going to my doctors office.

My doctor was in a cheerful mood the office was busy. And there’s a pharmacy in the same office. So the pharmacist was definitely busy. On the way home the bus was packed and we got near west coast express station to pick up exactly 15 passengers. And I couldn’t see to pull my stop and when I said excuse me to leave there was two people speaking a language I recognized. So I said “please move” in their dialect they gave me a weird look. Reminded me days when I worked in a kitchen where I was a minority I learned bits pieces to get by.

I had pillsbury crescents in the oven. I made Asiago and shredded cheddar cheese. They smell wonderful.

My friend wants to drop by with a present but they also have strep I don’t want that as well.

I am so tired like really tired. I just want a day of rest. I been going non stop since 2 Sunday’s ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Went to my moms, cleaned out her bedroom. she is having it redone. i am very proud of her for doing it . it needs to be done. she has never painted... and its been over 20 yrs.
    i am very glad she is doing things fo r her.

home now. i am going to work on my bedroom

Not to sure about supper, i am sure i will figure it out. hubby put a couple of books in my stocking.. i may do a bit of reading later. depending on my energy level. should be a laid back kinda day.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Fri, Dec 28th, 2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Washing my bedding today, have the windows open to get some fresh air. Will pop into Shoppers and hopefully find my $6 mug.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    The past few days have been a bit rough, my upper back has really been bugging me lately and I thought it was a mixture of Stress and my bad posture from my sinus infection (my headaches were so bad I spent most days resting my head in my hand to get through the day). I am not pretty sure the issue is my new Bra (sorry for any guys reading this). I realized all the days I have worn it since shut down where days where I had horrible headaches and horrible intense back pain. I have spent the last few days medicated and spending quite a bit of time with my Epson salt bathes. I am still sore and my back is bruise from massaging the knots but today is the first day I feel like I can function again with a slight headache.

Needless to say very little is getting done around the house, my main goals have been to make dinner and keep the kitchen clean in hope tomorrow is better and I can get more done.

We have done the Company Christmas and Christmas with Dad but Mom has postponed her Christmas until next weekend.

Christmas this year was a little different, normally it is held at the house bro and his gf are living in but with everything going on we held it at Dad's other house which felt kind of weird. Also most people expect the immediate family said on Friday they were no longer coming to dinner on Monday so it was weird. Normally Christmas is the one Holiday we all go to but this year we were missing a few people. Oh well it was fun and more intimate.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did not forget below is the Garlic Garlic recipe:

• 8 TBSP Dried Minced Garlic
    • 2 TBSP Dried Chopped Onions
    • 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
    • 2 tsp Garlic Salt
    • 2 tsp Dried Chives
    • 1 tsp Dried Dill weed
    • 1 tsp Dried Parsley
    • 1/2 tsp Dried Basil

To turn into dip mix 2 TBSP of Garlic Garlic with 1/2 Cup of Mayo and 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream

Also can be used as a seasoning mix on roasted potatoes, chicken or stir fry veggies.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thank you so much!!!! i am going to give it a try.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -hope you feel better soon

cara slept 2 hours this morning 10-12noon ,she feel asleep on me when I was singing "twinkle twinkle little star" to her then she also napped from 2-3 but I took her to a playground as it was so mild 12 degrees and she doesn't like the big bucket baby swing ,so I quickly took her out ,so we had a 30 minute walk

angela -sorry to hear that about your daycare family,hopefully you can find someone else if it doesn't work out

well my boxing day shopping came in(the first part) -I love the calvein klein t-shirt for me so soft and thin ,hubby 2 tops have to go back as they are 2xB -which is really big ,he fits in some XL oh well he is happy with the hagger dress shorts $11.00 reg 39.00 thinking outside the box here for summer

supper was pasta ,as I am a little tired from waking up at 4.15 -I fell asleep at my son's on his couch around 11.00 a.m when cara was sleeping but my snoring woke me -lol that sounds too funny

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information