User Tag List

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Felt like salad from the local deli. Reg cost is $8.31. Today $2.47 (loyalty card) It is much more enjoyable at $2.47

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Beautiful breezy and sunny day in Hamilton and Burlington. From the buses, lots to see. Wish I could have spent day hopping on and off buses but made the best of it. Collected my $25 gift card (Indigo) at Burlington Centre and bought magazines. Market day at the mall but I headed back downtown, collecting the August On The Go and Look Local issues (new) and caught the bus back to Hamilton.
    McMaster University is hopping with students for Welcome Week! Helped someone get bus schedules for his student renters-in my town--when I was leaving the bus terminal downtown.
    Sibling brought home two baskets of fruit yesterday, so more fresh fruit options to choose from.
    Will have the community paper and flyers to peruse soon.

Yesterday's mail included an addressed envelope to my late father for the Tepperman's grand opening tomorrow (Colin and Justin from Cottage Life TV will be there tomorrow night between 5-8pm) in Ancaster plus a big flyer. A friend of mine told me her late father also got the same envelope! Someone's mailing list is very dated...I hope with the next Yellow Pages directory in Nov/Dec (Sept is last month for residential changes), that the mailing list gets more current.

Found one can on my walks today!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi all! Long time no posy for me. SO and i were talking recently about how we a rarely use coupons anymore and have slacked off on being more frugal. Our house renovations two years ago broke us of shopping carefully.

We agreed we need to work a bit more at it BUT at the same time i refuse to settle for cheaper brands that i dont enjoy the flavor of for certain things like garlic sausage.

I've found locally there are few coupons offerd and its a pain to use manufacturer coupons but i can make more of an effort with checkout 51 or caddle. We do make a point of saving all our PC ponts for shopping south. There is no Loblaws branded stores unless with a min 3 hours drive.

Hope everyone is well!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Had a fun day with ashlyn ,picked her up and played barbies (with my daughter's barbie dolls) then took her to mcdonalds for lunch used a 3.99 happy meal cpn ,then took her to an indoor pool with her papa =free for an hour ,I watched them play in the water ,then home for a banana popsicle .
    Then my dear son picked her up at 3.15 on his way home form work

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Working at home Thursday because the younger son turns 16 and we have dinner plans that make it impossible to work downtown so I am going to get all the laundry washed tonight during cheap time and line dry it. In two weeks the older son turns 19. I have to say I like my sons far better as older teens than any other age. They are turning out just fine, a little sad to see them grow up though.
    I found the Barilla coupon yesterday there was 4 tear pads on the shelf. I took a few with the plan to go back today and should have known better. All gone. But this location had them a month ago so I will just keep looking. It’s just across from my office.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh it got so dark so early last night!

DS is having a friend sleepover tonight so I will text him my list of chores to get done this afternoon before his friend arrives .

I had cooked chicken souvlaki (I had it ready in freezer bag) rice and green beans on Monday night. No one was home so I just put in the fridge. Both boys ate it yesterday for dinner (oldest made a dinner container)

Tonight... I want to get the laundry put away and do some house cleaning the long weekend can just be enjoyed. So either something easy- heat and eat or Domino's. (50 % off and I have a free pizza available)
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Feeling so much better as I have been dealing with a health problem ,so off I went to indigo returned a few items and then spent 12.43 got son-in-law a fishing mug for his birthday in sept and a rose candle for me 3.00 plus a xmas gift for Ashlyn

Then on to the library for my movies and books on hold

Then got gas $1.12 it was so spent 16.00 ,then turned in 5,000 petro points for 5.00 bucks off my caa membership

Then on to shoppers spent 80.00 but got a 10.00 promo card for next time -I needed a lot of med type stuff hydrocorizone 1% cream etc ,got my granddaughter 3 pairs of shortie socks 2.00 plus a paw patrol reading book for Sebastian for his birthday it came to 4.20 after senior 20% off plus I had a personal points offer for books (so pretty happy with that deal)

Also popped into bed bath and beyond as you never know what I will find in there -yes I found a twin/xl size comfortor and its nice and thin 24.99 on for 30%-7.50 then I used a 20% off cpn =13.99 plus tax =15.81 .It is black with flecks and looks nice in the yellow spare room ,why did I buy it .I cant stand the duvet I have -it shifts around in the cover never looks nice on the bed and is way to hot for me ,so happy with this purchase.

Supper left over lasagna
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Aug 29th, 2019 at 03:23 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Before the month ends, I put up the next month's thread: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/434618...a/#post7001502

I'm enjoying the view of puffy white clouds in the blue sky and Ms. Sunshine beaming away this afternoon! Enjoyed two juicy ripe peaches with breakfast and they are so much better than bananas! I ought to see if I could turn some peaches into a peach platz dessert for weekend snacking. Kind of low on all-purpose flour but I have everything else.

The garden needs some minor attention (more seeds and maybe a little raking). I already collected fallen branches-two trees seem intent to keep putting more twigs or slender long branches down every chance a wind blows through.

The local community paper came this morning-spent 30min going through the flyers and updating the grocery list. Clipped coupons for a friend and made up an envelope for the mailing!

I'd like the universe to send me a Hawaiian pizza for supper! Very much enjoyed reading about Hawaii last night. Want souvenirs too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel I been to Hawaii when I was 16 for soccer tournament during winter it was so hot but I came back to 2 ft of snow on the ground. And I was freezing from being there for 12days. We went to oahu I liked all the different beaches with all the different coloured sands. I liked how all the fruit were sweet and easy to eat with everything. I didn’t like lack of freedom I had if I go again I go with others who have the same ambition as me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Almost the end of the month. Lovely crisp morning today.

Have a FAB Friday all here !

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy long weekend everyone. I want to get stuff done around the house but will really likely spent it enjoying the weather.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Cashed my ebates cheque $26.47, bought some plant food along with a wallet at Walmart. Wasn't impressed with the clothes at Walmart, hope to check out Burlington Mall or Burlington centre as it is now called. Have a great long weekend everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!

I went out shopping late last night so the kids had food in the house this weekend. RCSS had extra 25% off clearance clothing. I got a bra and awesome dress for $10 total for both and received 2200 PC pts for PC insiders.
    I also bought 10 packs of the Armstrong cheese yesterday because I had bonus PC pts and .75 off coupons
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lazy start to the day. Picked up a couple of coffees and enjoyed mine on my neighbour's porch while watching the fly past practices for the Ex and watering his lawn. I am exhausted so will have lunch!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy long weekend ,watched the girls today (last day) as ashlyn starts school next week and we took them to a playville location -fun all little rooms set up to play in ,grocery,kitchen,vet hospital ,school etc we stayed for almost 2 hours

Now my dear daughter is on her way here for the weekend with Sebastian ,her hubby is at his dads .They will be making pasta sauce ,400 bottles of it -lol out of all the daughter-in-laws and there is 3 of them my daughter uses the most as she makes her own pasta and pizza and loves the sauce .So I will have Sebastian on and off sat and sunday
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information