User Tag List

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@SnowFlakey Ontario cannot decide, the health professionals have said we have entered the 3rd wave but the government is saying "yes, we are seeing a spike" but they do not want to commit to saying yes we are in the 3rd wave. There are a lot of mixed messages in Ontario, we are seeing a spike in number but also relaxing restrictions.

Honestly, I feel for business I really do but I am not sure if some of the choices being made are the best.

I read an article where the government was defending loosening restriction even with numbers going up because they weighed the options and felt allowing more people to go into restaurant but restrict them to only sitting with those from their household is a better option then people getting creative and having backyard get togethers. Since they are limiting seating to those in your household I do not see loosening the restrictions stopping people from having backyard get togethers. I constantly see people asking, wanting to get together with some friends where can we go? You know they are looking for places that are not following restrictions.

Honestly, feel like we are stuck in a vicious circle we cannot get out of.
    Skippy, princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @SnowFlakey Ontario cannot decide, the health professionals have said we have entered the 3rd wave but the government is saying "yes, we are seeing a spike" but they do not want to commit to saying yes we are in the 3rd wave. There are a lot of mixed messages in Ontario, we are seeing a spike in number but also relaxing restrictions.

Honestly, I feel for business I really do but I am not sure if some of the choices being made are the best.

I read an article where the government was defending loosening restriction even with numbers going up because they weighed the options and felt allowing more people to go into restaurant but restrict them to only sitting with those from their household is a better option then people getting creative and having backyard get togethers. Since they are limiting seating to those in your household I do not see loosening the restrictions stopping people from having backyard get togethers. I constantly see people asking, wanting to get together with some friends where can we go? You know they are looking for places that are not following restrictions.

Honestly, feel like we are stuck in a vicious circle we cannot get out of.
    The Ford govt. continues to be unwilling to make hard decisions that truly put the health of ON citizens first. Instead, they are yet again trying to fight the spread of COVID by doing things like allowing more people into restaurants. Yes, some people would get together at their homes instead, but it's not an either/or situation. For instance, the govt. could try harder than it has to limit those home gatherings. But nooooo...
    anisa, SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very pleased that spouse was able to preregister as a High Priority vaccination case for the start of Phase 2. I should be able to do similar in another city region as soon as they start registration in Phase 2 or preregistration.

My 74-year old neighbour got his first dose of AZ at the pharmacy last week so he is please also. Looking forward to the three of us having our full doses to once again share a meal.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Mar 24th, 2021 at 04:37 PM.
    JadeAngel, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Doug Ford wants to score points with his Corporate buddies. End of story.

The tourism industry in Niagara has been bit(#ing and moaning about the lack of tourists, they have been actively advertising to tourists through this whole pandemic. Workers here are being exposed and getting sick. Ford has been trying to boost the tourism industry here as well. None of them care about individuals. they care about the cash. And that 'Tourism Tax' the businesses have been sucking out of people for YEARS, well apparently that wasn't put to any good use. But everyone know that businesses were pocketing that anyways.

Back at the beginning of the school year, I was reading posts by local parents that September school restrictions weren't going to be a big deal, because the kids are playing together anyways. Kids in my son's class were chatting about how they were having sleepovers with friends, and how family friends from Toronto would stay at their house while vacationing in Niagara. This is all well into the Pandemic, last summer when we were really in the thick of it.

I haven't set foot in a store more than half a dozen times in over a year. I'm sick of all the complainers. they are the reason we are still in this situation.

I can see that people are just out and about for kicks. During the stay at home orders the last couple of months, the streets were dead. as soon as the orders were lifted, there is triple the amount of traffic out there because people are going to stores out of boredom. Find a hobby, please.

We are seeing clear signs of entitlement in our society, and no one cares.
    Does it cost money to keep people on CERB, yes.
    We should be damn thankful that we are a country that has the resources to implement such programs.
    If you are mad about CERB and similar programs, don't take it out on the Govt. Tell the biggest corporations who don't pay taxes to pitch in their fair, and long overdue, share.

My Dad died of Covid, and I didn't go to Vancouver to see him buried. the whiners who are complaining because they want to vacation can shove it.
    cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Yes, I'm ticked
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry to hear about your Dad @anisa
    Skippy, anisa, princessjen and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

sorry for your dad @anisa ....
    Skippy, anisa, princessjen and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sorry for your loss @anisa
    Skippy, anisa, princessjen and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    sorry for your dad @anisa ....

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    sorry for your loss @anisa
    Thanks.

It is pretty surreal. I'm good, but It was hard on the kids.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    So sorry to hear about your Dad @anisa
    Thanks

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@anisa perfectly understandable that you are ticked. I am so sorry you have lost your Dad to this POS virus. Not to be able to attend his funeral service is pain on top of pain. My condolences.
    Skippy, Giseledta, anisa and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Anisa my condolences to you and your family.

Although in Quebec some restrictions have been eased in the yellow and orange zones, all restrictions apply in the red zones, that is the Greater Montreal area and vicinities. The curfew all across Quebec is now at 9:30 PM but it wouldnt have bothered me if it stayed at 8PM. In the red zones, we cant eat at restaurants, take out or delivery only, most stores are open but with reduced capacity (i dont understand why Costco or Walmart dont fall into that catagory). And now high schools in Red Zones can reopen to in school learning full time. After a year of restrictions, i am so used to this way of living, it doesnt bother me anymore. The only thing i miss is hugging my grandchildren although i do see them fairly often from a distance. The interaction isnt the same. And once again we are entering our birthday months with restrictions on gathering for a second time. We are scheduled for our vaccines on Apr 2nd. Hope they dont run out of vaccines before its our time.
    Skippy, Giseledta, anisa and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@anisa so sorry that your dad passed due to the COVID virus and I can imagine how hard it must have been for you not to be there for hopes burial.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I could seriously not imagine live this,.....
    I would be very upset and sad if my dad would have died and could not attempt to his funeral
    I attempted to my mother and brother ones(not completely for brother I did what I was capable)
    but so sad for you ...that is so unfair...stupid covid...hope the covid will finish someday and it will be soon....we have our plate of that..
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

We had 30 new cases in New Brunswick. 5 in zone 2, 24 in zone 4, and 1 in zone 6. (I live in zone 1 so it was nice to not have any new cases today. After a several days in a row of new cases.) they had a live update today and I was predicting zones 1 and 4 might move to orange but was surprised that zone 1 is staying yellow and zone 4 was jumping to red at 6pm (instead of the usual midnight changes.) no plans to close schools with all these variant cases, in fact they are moving all the high school students to every day in school learning. (Thankfully my kids are are in middle school and there haven’t been any known cases there.) the vaccine roll out here is so slow it’s practically a joke. This variant is much more stressful because it’s hitting kids hard too.

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information