User Tag List

Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think we have always had the issue of folks who choose not to take vaccines. There are still occasional whooping cough outbreaks at schools etc. In our province many do not get the flu shot and so on. Herd immunity is a nice thought but not everyone is willing to get a vaccine to protect others. I just got my second jab last night-happy to protect myself and others.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was reading an article yesterday and I cannot locate it now to share it but basically the article was saying, Yes, Ontario is in the third wave but we are not truly in the third wave yet, it will get worse before it gets better. They were saying yes, there are some good measure in place but not enough enough to stop the third wave. Some of the things they were saying were:
    Daycares and Childcare needs to close except for essential workers
    The definition of essential workers needs to change, although they did not explain who they felt weren't essential.

The big one was, they are saying stores need to prepare to continue to only essential items through May and possibly even June and that further restrictions on what is considered essential may be needed.

They said the biggest factor is due to how long restrictions have lasted people now just see this as a way of life which is true but also say that with this say-at-home order people are not changing their routines and taking it as seriously as they should. Some examples given were:
    Multiple trips to the store per week, it is an outing, it gets you out of the house
    Whole families using grocery shopping as a family outing
    Increases your personal bubbles to include multiple households
    Large outdoor gatherings with no masks and no social distancing

Lastly they also mentioned there will be a 4th wave probably in the summer which will mainly be driven by those 18 and under who will not be vaccinated and may not become as sick but will carry it to those who have not been vaccinated yet.

Trying to stay positive but still in hibernation here LOL
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Yesterday afternoon, Prem Legault held a press conference again (we are getting several every week as things change). Some areas have gone into lockdown, specifically the Quebec City area, Chaudiere-Appalaches (beauce area) and the Outaouais area. Schools have been closed only essential stores are open for in-store shopping. The otheres is pick-up, curb-side or delivery. Nothing much for my area again but he said they are watching the Monteregie area very closely. Montreal still has the same thing.

Yesterday i received an e-mail from the Que Govt study about the effects of the vaccine i received. The only side effect i had was some swelling and pain for a couple of days in the injection site. Thats it, thats all. Hubby had no side effects whatsoever. We both has the Pfizer vaccine.

The side effects are different for people but dont be afraid to get a vaccine. As you may have all heard by now, a woman in Quebec developed a blot clot from the AstraZenica vaccine. She is one in 100,000 who had this side effect. What are the chances of getting a blood clot.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Wed, Apr 14th, 2021 at 11:52 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Some examples given were:
    Multiple trips to the store per week, it is an outing, it gets you out of the house
    These are two of the most blatantly irritating behaviours I observe - Multiple noses/mouths and potential incidents for infection.
    Giseledta, cath007 and Linda Evans like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Herd immunity is a nice thought but not everyone is willing to get a vaccine to protect others.
    I think that 'herd immunity' is a bit of a misnomer, with regards to CoVid.

Science News
    posted 2021-3-30
    Unvaccinated people produce 2.58 to 4.5 times more virus than vaccinated people do, researchers report March 29 in Nature Medicine. Those data show vaccinated people have a lower “viral load” and are less likely to pass the coronavirus to others if they do become infected, but the effect is not as strong as might be hoped to truly limit transmission, Kilpatrick says. That reduction in viral load amounts to about an 11 percent decrease in infectiousness, he says. “That’s good … but you’d like to be half as infectious or three-quarters lower infectiousness.”
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ission-disease

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...e-transmission

A drop of 11% is close to a statistical margin of error. I think that this is the report to which Dr. Teresa Tam referred. It is out of Israel and is only a single report.

CoVid vaccines only prevent the innoculated from severe outcomes, not actual infection. The innoculated can still carry and shed virus, thus there is little to no protection of others.
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    A drop of 11% is close to a statistical margin of error. I think that this is the report to which Dr. Teresa Tam referred. It is out of Israel and is only a single report.

CoVid vaccines only prevent the innoculated from severe outcomes, not actual infection. The innoculated can still carry and shed virus, thus there is little to no protection of others.
    Basically, if 11% is roughly the margin of error, does it mean the actual % is probably 0%, or that it could be anywhere from 0% to 22%?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've forgotten nearly all my statistics classes, but I remember the general ideas. Larger statistical data collections have smaller margins of error, but there is always some. I think that something like 3% +/-2 is a very good model. So, a modest margin of error of say 5% +/-3 puts 11% just past the boundary and may make it a fringe or outlier event. You might not want to put any great faith in such predictions. Hopefully, someone with a better grasp of statistics can correct any assumptions I have made.

As Dr. Teresa Tam said, it is an emerging science and there has only been one study from one country on a single vaccine, Pfizer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I was reading an article yesterday and I cannot locate it now to share it but basically the article was saying, Yes, Ontario is in the third wave but we are not truly in the third wave yet, it will get worse before it gets better. They were saying yes, there are some good measure in place but not enough enough to stop the third wave. Some of the things they were saying were:
    Daycares and Childcare needs to close except for essential workers
    The definition of essential workers needs to change, although they did not explain who they felt weren't essential.

The big one was, they are saying stores need to prepare to continue to only essential items through May and possibly even June and that further restrictions on what is considered essential may be needed.

They said the biggest factor is due to how long restrictions have lasted people now just see this as a way of life which is true but also say that with this say-at-home order people are not changing their routines and taking it as seriously as they should. Some examples given were:
    Increases your personal bubbles to include multiple households
    Large outdoor gatherings with no masks and no social distancing

Lastly they also mentioned there will be a 4th wave probably in the summer which will mainly be driven by those 18 and under who will not be vaccinated and may not become as sick but will carry it to those who have not been vaccinated yet.

Trying to stay positive but still in hibernation here LOL
    my girls work at a store.. they have people come in ... daily... just to get out of the house... that is just wrong. it needs to stop.

I am watching the childcare situation .. closely, and the schools.... sigh..
    this is just a mess.

in , my tiny area of ontario... people are expecting the kids to go back to school, and 3rd wave over by may....
    seriously...
    its a tad.... numbing to .. be around...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is said that Ontario is now considering additional measures as our numbers continue to climb. It sounds like the big areas being discussed:
    Enforcing a Curfew
    Redefining what is considered essential, who can be open, what workers are essential
    Enforcing all staff who can must be working from home

Will watching this closely to see if anything changes in our industry, they are saying there might be some changes coming.

As well more and more vaccine clinics are closing due to lack of vaccines. Our local clinic has been closed with no date to reopen.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got the astra zenaca last month...hubby is getting his tomorrow. there are some people i know who refuse to get it like nephew & his wife & my son (in his 30s) dont know what i can say to change his mind..im worried about him getting it but also giving it to me & hubby b/c with so many VARIENTS...we dont know enough & its bloody scarey!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    there are some people i know who refuse to get it like nephew & his wife & my son (in his 30s) dont know what i can say to change his mind..im worried about him getting it but also giving it to me & hubby b/c with so many VARIENTS...we dont know enough & its bloody scarey!
    They are your loved ones and they will still be family long after CoVid is in the rear-view mirror.

I would suggest that you simply tell them that you respect their decision, but also request that they show respect for your decision; treat them as presumed infected and do not allow them near you. They made their decision and you can make yours.

Alberta news is reporting that approximately 80% of Pfizer and Moderna doses have been used, but only about 32% of the AZ available doses have been administered.
    Last edited by HermanH; Fri, Apr 16th, 2021 at 01:16 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My region has moved to phase 2 of vaccinations but trying to get an appointment is now the trick. If you qualify under phase 2 there are only 2 vaccine centers you can go to but they are only getting limited doses of the vaccine as the majority are being rerouted to "Hotspot" clinics.

Also saw an interesting article yesterday questioning how "hotspots" were determined they are saying some of these areas deemed "hotspots" actually do not have the highest positivity rates. Not sure if this is factual or not but it is hard to tell these days. I would hope this is not happening.

They are now saying possible changes to Ontario Restrictions:

Curfew is off the table, they are afraid of riots breaking out

All non-essential stores will have to close completely, no more curbside pickup or delivery

What is considered essential will be redefined and non essentials will no longer be available for curbside pickup, delivery only

Shutting down non-essential construction, factories and warehouses (this one is worrisome, what is considered non-essential)

A lot of unknown right but press conference is to take place at 2:30. We will wait and see.
    Giseledta, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    I got the astra zenaca last month...hubby is getting his tomorrow. there are some people i know who refuse to get it like nephew & his wife & my son (in his 30s) dont know what i can say to change his mind..im worried about him getting it but also giving it to me & hubby b/c with so many VARIENTS...we dont know enough & its bloody scarey!
    Have you asked them what it would take to change their minds? It's possible their minds are closed and nothing would change them, but maybe this isn't so, and they would be willing to reconsider if they come to realize they're not fully informed.
    Giseledta, cath007 and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

things are tightening up in ontario:

https://www.thestar.com/politics/pro...trictions.html

"...
    The premier said Ontario’s stay-home order, which has been in effect since last week, will be extended until May 20.

Police and First Nations constables will be empowered to randomly stop motorists and ask them for identification and why they are out and about. Scofflaws face $750 fines.
    There will be a ban on outdoor gatherings with people from other households unless it’s with someone who lives alone.'''"

"...

Border checkpoints will pop up with Quebec and Manitoba to curb the spread of new variants not yet prevalent in Ontario. There will be exceptions for people who live or work on either side of the border.
    As well, Ford has asked the federal government to restrict interprovincial air travel...."

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ford is just putting lipstick on a pig! He is a fool
    Giseledta likes this.

Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information