User Tag List

Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All your concerns are spot on. Same things we think about. I still wear a mask, not because I am worried about getting the virus, since I have my two doses of Pfizer, but because I do not want to pass it along if I am asymptomatic. But then should I care or give a damn for those people who refuse to get vaccinated? I am starting to think no. I am and have done all I can, I am not going to hide forever because some pissants are not wanting to get vaccinated. Let them play Russian Roulette with their healt. I am getting to the point of not caring any more about them. Carpe Diem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    I dont know how normal things will be later on. I was thinking that when we could stop wearing masks, will i always wonder who has been fully vaccinated or not. Should i continue to wear a mask when out in public just in case even though i will have 96% immunity. These questions are going through me head. Maybe im just a "head" case.
    anisa, princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I dont know how normal things will be later on. I was thinking that when we could stop wearing masks, will i always wonder who has been fully vaccinated or not. Should i continue to wear a mask when out in public just in case even though i will have 96% immunity. These questions are going through me head. Maybe im just a "head" case.
    We will almost certainly continue to mask and distance for some time. Basically, we're not particularly close to feeling comfortable with lowering our level of caution. Yes, the rates are way down from a few months ago, but otoh, there's the latest more transmissible variant being passed around, and unfortunately, no shortage of people who are being less cautious, acting as the lower numbers mean there's no risk whatsoever any more.
    anisa, SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i feel the same way, snowflakey! got my second pfizer shot yesterday and in theory will be well protected from the virus in about 2 weeks but i think wearing a mask indoors in public spaces will be my new normal. what if i became infected with the delta form of the virus and
    didn't know it? i could still potentially pass it on to someone else!
    anisa, Natalka, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Arjon @Snow Falkey and @heartgirl99

Here is a thought. I am sure like most of you, the common cold and the regular flu has not made an appearance during all of 2020 and even now. I attribute that to the hand washing and mask wearing. Now there is that Delta variant? So, I don't care who gives me the side eye, I'll still be wearing my face mask in public for quite a while.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am sure like most of you, the common cold and the regular flu has not made an appearance during all of 2020 and even now. I attribute that to the hand washing and mask wearing.
    I think that is the general consensus of the medical community.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ontario has now released that come Monday anyone who got Moderna or Pfizer and are living in a Hot Spot can book their second shot on Monday.

I personally find it weird watching YouTube videos coming out of the US where life for the most part seems to be back to normal. Seeing no Masks, No Social Distancing, everything open seems weird.

I will not be going into any crowded spaces even outdoors anytime soon. Seeing people at festivals and amusement parks makes me anxious just seeing it.

Both Mom and I got our second shots yesterday, everyone in my fam who is eligible is booked for their second shot. The rest will become eligible next week.

As of yesterday 50% of our family has been fully vaccinated.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Ontario has now released that come Monday anyone who got Moderna or Pfizer and are living in a Hot Spot can book their second shot on Monday.

I personally find it weird watching YouTube videos coming out of the US where life for the most part seems to be back to normal. Seeing no Masks, No Social Distancing, everything open seems weird.

I will not be going into any crowded spaces even outdoors anytime soon. Seeing people at festivals and amusement parks makes me anxious just seeing it.

Both Mom and I got our second shots yesterday, everyone in my fam who is eligible is booked for their second shot. The rest will become eligible next week.

As of yesterday 50% of our family has been fully vaccinated.
    I completely agree with your position and also try to avoid unnecessary contacts. We will still have time to visit both festivals and resorts. For now, it is more important to maintain your health and take care of the safety of loved ones.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Simpson View Post
    I completely agree with your position and also try to avoid unnecessary contacts. We will still have time to visit both festivals and resorts. For now, it is more important to maintain your health and take care of the safety of loved ones.
    Like it or not, the "need" for immediate gratification has gradually but inexorably become deeply ingrained in our society, largely at the expense of self-discipline. This is a major reason why, to cite just two examples, people lined up last week to get into bars at the stroke of midnight, the second they could re-open, and there were lines outside a number of Costcos last Friday.
    Skippy, anisa, Natalka and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I was glad to hear the news that Pfizer or Moderna are to be used for the second shot for those who has AZ for their first. People can still chose to have AZ for their second, but that may depend on location.

I got AZ for my first. It wouldn't have been my choice, but I am bedridden and can't leave to go anywhere else, so I gladly took whichever the home care nurse brought.
    I am hoping to get one of the others for my second dose. However, I will be grateful for whatever comes my way.

Our province has hit the 70% to ease the next set of restrictions. Some good, some not...like everyone else, I have concerns with the stupidity rearing its ugly head...

Stay safe, everyone!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

One of my older sisters is an ICU nurse in our largest hospital. Two of my nieces are nurses in AB. They have all stayed well, but we worry about them constantly..
    As we do with all frontline workers, such as those in grocery stores, etc.

Name:  facebook_1624050547422_6811761707262207800.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  56.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jun 18th, 2021 at 06:31 PM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Even though we have been double vaccinated, i avoid crowds. I do my grocery shopping early in the morning to avoid crowds. And i wash my hands and wear a mask when outdoors and not in my own front or back yard.

DS and SIL were over this morning to finish the backyard patio and they washed their hands as they came in but they didnt wear their masks while working outdoors. They have both been single vaccinated so there is a bit of protection. The earliest they can register for their second dose would be July 13th which would make it 8 weeks. In QC that what we have to wait between doses.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

People just aren't grateful.
    that statement about being addicted to instant gratification is so true.

Be thankful that we can video chat with loved ones for hours and hours. That is an innovation we only recently developed.
    Also be thankful for Caller ID lol.

I need a couple of items that I had to go in store for. I really don't want to, but these are a couple of things I have been putting off for a while, because onlinbe ordering wasn't cutting it, and I needed to do it once, and do it right.

The store I went to had a bit of a lineup yesterday, so I turned around and went home. As I was leaving a mom was hurrying to the line with 4 little kids in tow.
    It wasn't for Groceries. it was Homesense. SMDH
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, as of Monday QC is moving into the green zone which means we will be allowed to gather in our homes with up to 10 people and if those peeps have been vaccinated we wont have to wear masks. Restaurants are now reopening, which is good for them. Restrictions are loosening up but hopefully no one will go crazy. There are still some little hot spots but nothing in my area. Kids are starting to play outdoor sports and day camps are reopening. Im planning on picking up the grandkids and going strawberry picking with them on Tuesday so i hope it doesnt rain.

our youngest grandsons b-day is coming up next week; he will be 12 years old. His father is planning a BBQ on Saturday for the family. the grandson is the only one who hasnt been vaccinated yet because he is still only 11.
    anisa, Natalka, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my second shot yesterday. They gave me Moderna because they were out of Pfizer. (Which is what I received the first time.) I am not feeling so hot today. In the middle of the night, I woke up because the pain in my arm, shoulder and neck was so bad it was making me nauseous. I also have chills and really bad body aches. I could hardly walk down the stairs this morning, because I had such bad pain in my back, knees and ankles. I keep having to pop Advil every 4 hours for the pain. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    anisa, Natalka and SnowFlakey like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. I also felt pretty crummy after my second, and I had expected something but not to be as down and out as I was, so I understand what a pain--real pain, it is. Lots of fluids and switching from Tylenol to Advil every second dose helped for me. Also a heating pad, Netflix... I hope you're on the mend soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    I got my second shot yesterday. They gave me Moderna because they were out of Pfizer. (Which is what I received the first time.) I am not feeling so hot today. In the middle of the night, I woke up because the pain in my arm, shoulder and neck was so bad it was making me nauseous. I also have chills and really bad body aches. I could hardly walk down the stairs this morning, because I had such bad pain in my back, knees and ankles. I keep having to pop Advil every 4 hours for the pain. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information