User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 my younger son has decided to learn to cook after years of watching his brother rock it out of the park. So this week he is doing kabobs. Last week it was lasagna. Our plan for the week is steak and corn today. Feta and tomato pasta Monday. Kebabs Tuesday, burgers Wednesday, bbq chicken Thursday. Friday DH and I both took a vacation day so it’s likely something on the BBQ again. We have a very warm week coming so it will be mostly BBQ.
    i finally scraped the rust of the fireplace table and repainted it. We had some high heat spray paint that I found while cleaning the garage. It looks so good. I did a bit of planting but the garden centres are so stupidly busy I barely have what I need, that maybe my Friday standing in line adventure. The garlic I planted last fall is doing really well as are the peas planted last month. The beans are not doing much.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Did not get as much done today as I would have liked but I am good with it. More than anything, I am just super tired so I knew that would play a factor in my day.

No more meal prep was done but that is okay, we already have a lot of options on hand. I was going to cut up some veggies to snack on and make overnight oats. One day at lunch I will cut up veggies well I make my lunch and the overnight oats, I will eat other things this week instead.

I took a nice long hot shower, I needed some me time. We are fairing very well both being home all the time but today was one of those days where I missed having some alone time. So I took a nice hot shower and just kind of chilled out in my room for a bit. When I came down Mom asked me if I wanted her to cut my hair, it has been over 2 years since I have had my hair cut and couldn't take it anymore so I said yes. Nothing too short but back up to my shoulders, it feels so short now as it was more then half way down my back.

I took out all the meat garbage and collected all the cardboard recycling and took that out.

Dinner was Instant Pot Lasagna, I love this meal, it is so so so easy to make and so yummy. Best part so so so easy to make LOL. I made Garlic Bun and Caesar Salad on the side.

Got all my work stuff done so now I am just going to work on my to-do-lists for tomorrow, I usually have to update them as the day goes on but I find it really helps me to be focus in morning if I have my list ready to go.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Yesterday i got bad news my dear sister-in-law called me ,my dear older brother is home from hospital one week now.There is nothing they can do he has another infection ,so he will just stay home ,as my sister-in-law told the cardiologist i will not send him to hospital where nobody can see him .

I would love to visit him but will wait til this gets better ,there are reasons why i cant go just yet .Please put him in your prayers .
    Prayer offered for all concerned.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Got in an extra walk today on a path down by the lake with DW. Bugs were out, not the kind that eat you but swarms that annoy you.
    Ended up with face fried despite hat and sunscream (what the kids used to do way back when if we put it on them!). Glad for leftover ham,rice and veg. as want to prepare squat.
    Enjoy your evening my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. most of my housework i wanted to get done is done.. i still need to finish up laundry. i am waiting 30 min .. my hair colouring is in my hair. yep. i do box colour. it works. i have been turning grey since i was 16 . i am now... i would say 70 % grey. i am just not emotionally ready to do that. it is a steel grey .. not a nice soft grey.. so box it is.

i will bbq hot dogs and make a salad after.
    and i need to cut hubbies hair.... oy. never ending list.

i will of course finish off laundry ... monday or tuesday.... lol.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Giseledta-i do box colour also medium golden brown,i think i went grey at age 29 and at age 61 i am not ready to go grey.My little grandkids need to think i am young or at least look young if i dont feel it.lol

I use to dye my hair every 2 months now i let it go longer ,as i am not going anywhere special (except groceries or online pickup)

Hubby did like his black sandals from canadian tire this morning from my online order yesterday .I feel they are not made as well as they use to be ,so i told him not to get them wet .I paid 21.99 reg 40 so i hope these ones last longer than 2 months of use .I cant take the other ones back when the stores open as i bought them before the pandemic and stored them away til his brown ones wore out which he had 2 years .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I cut DHs hair tonight, it’s not something I love doing but I have become pretty good at it with Covid. Thankfully he is very forgiving. He is almost all grey now but has had salt and pepper hair as long as I have known him which is almost 30 years. I am blessed as a redhead because my colour is fading and what looks like highlights is actually white hair blending in. I am not sure how much longer I can go before I colour it, but honestly I am likely to frugal to do that. Red hair never looks natural from a box and I don’t see myself spending money to colour professionally.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is the current meal plan.

Monday
    Fried rice, chicken stir fry with fresh mushrooms in it.

Tuesday
    Burgers, baked hash browns, fresh veggies/fruit.

Wednesday
    Mashed potatoes and chili from the freezer with cooked veggies on the side.

Thursday
    Shepherd’s pie
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and getting at all of the things that need to be done.

Already knocked a couple things off the work to-do-list and will start on the house to-do-list shortly.

It really is the little things in life, so happy it took like 3 seconds to brush my hair this morning because it so much shorter. I cannot wait to wash it, it will be so easy to wash.

I am thinking Mushroom Pork Chops for dinner tonight, will see what Mom thinks once she up. I have some more mushrooms to use up, I did not realize there was a package in the actual veggie drawer.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Picked up more McDonalds whole bean coffee at Fortinos. I grind it at home, and its' coffee heaven for me.

Went to Costco and due to just essentials for sale, I spent under $20.
    Do you like flavoured coffee? My fav is the vanilla hazelnut beans at Costco. Reg price is $12.99 a bag but on sale for $9.99 often.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! What a beautiful weekend we had and today is nice too!

Pretty uneventful weekend. I did one load of laundry yesterday to keep it all caught up.

Small grocery shop to get us though the week (spent less then $15 for lettuce, bananas, almond milk, bread, eggs)
    Cut up the watermelon. I have a ripe pineapple to cut up tomorrow. Will grab 2 green ones tomorrow or Wednesday for $1.88 at FB. (or price match where ever they look the nicest)
    DS told me he loves the garlic naan bread I bought at Costco for pizza. We have one left in the fridge so Costco for sure this weekend to get out of the house!

I have a $5 porch pick up today. Haven't posted any new listings as I am in the office this week. Thinking I will delete them all tomorrow night and repost and then have stuff organized incase someone is interested and I can message DS to put on the porch as we did last time I was away at work. He would go out and check for the money and put aside for me. We have a good system
    I have lots of goals so I need the cash to start rolling in and the stuff to roll out!

Ok off to get work done. Have a wonderful day and hope you enjoy the sunshine!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Do you like flavoured coffee? My fav is the vanilla hazelnut beans at Costco. Reg price is $12.99 a bag but on sale for $9.99 often.
    Not a fan of flavoured - I prefer strong black coffee. I love grinding beans again - the aroma is nice.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Not a fan of flavoured - I prefer strong black coffee. I love grinding beans again - the aroma is nice.
    They have a regular one too. Big bag!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW super busy day, a lot going on at work but also getting stuff done at home.

All my pantry items have been put away in the basement, now I just need to put away my cleaning supplies. I have been putting off the cleaning supplies because I want to completely redo the area we store them to try to gain some more space.

Still need to put away the bathroom stuff too, gotta get this done before bed tonight.

I made Spreadables because I did not get it done on the weekend. I have been planning to do some baking this week after work but found out I have to work tonight so at lunch like a mad woman I popped in a Nanny Special Apple Pie, I had apples to use up. Made a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies baked off half, half are in the freezer flash freezing for later.

I totally lost track of time this afternoon, so I ended up making Chicken Enchiladas, the hardest part is the homemade Sauce but once you have everything out and measured it cooks up in under 10 minutes.

Kitchen is also clean which always makes me happy.

I did not take Mom to run her errands today, I have an appointment tomorrow so I will do the errands tomorrow on my way home from my appointment.

Busy busy day but things are getting done

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just called my girlfriend ,its her birthday today ,she loved the friend card i mailed her she got it on friday.

Hubby and i felt like eggs for supper ,hardboiled with tomatoes and a piece of toast .

Just chilling and doing my fish puzzle

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information