User Tag List

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I moved the remainder of the food from the old house. I tackled 1/2 our large shed yesterday. I sold $32 in stuff since yesterday. I gave away a lot of items to a free church program and put boxes for free on our old front lawn. It looked like a garage sale without the money. I kept more stuff in the shed that I want to try to quick sell, in addition to moving our collectibles to the new house.

Twin boy is cavity free. He picked a sand bucket as his prize.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Even though I am a bit tired I have managed to get a few things done-picked up a few groceries for my Mum, did a load of laundry, made a pot of soup and just did a quick vacuum in the living room. We are going to Visit DD's Grandpa in the nursing home shortly-then out for lunch and to visit my Mum and maybe a quick stop at Old Navy on the way home as my friend had some nice dresses she bought there a couple years ago on sale end of season clearance so I will give it a try.

Hubby continues to recover well and is planning to go out with us. I think he is bored with staying home and just walking the circle-normally he would go out for an hr bike ride each day. Yesterday we removed the dressing and all looks to be healing nicely-next week staples come out and starting visits with physio. I think he just got in under the wire as orthopedic surgeries are being cancelled in Edmonton due to staffing shortages and the hospital he had his surgery at last week have two units on Covid lockdown. Good grief! He feels fine and I am sure the hospital or health dept would have called if he had been exposed. Even being double vaccinated these days is no guarantee.

My nephew, wife and 3 young children are in quarantine in Montana as they tested positive for Covid-he was on his way back from Lake Tahoe where he was attending a week long course towards his degree. Fortunately their symptoms are mild so far-I think they will have to do another 2 week quarantine when they get back. My sister and hubby are here from Germany and hoping to meet the youngest grandbaby for the first time-not sure if that will happen or not within everyone's timelines. My sister is pretty stressed and hoping nobody gets worse. They did have travel medical insurance which expired yesterday as that was the day they were to come back-I think it might be difficult to extend at this point. Mind you I doubt that covers Covid anyway. It has never occurred to me to buy more travel insurance than I need in case of delayed return when I got home and cancel the extra when I got back.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Greetings my friends! It is now day gazillion of this humid weather and I no longer trust forecasts of anything but as there never is a cooling down! This has been the worst ever as I can’t breathe properly at times(asthma).That said I saw a poor soul fully dressed sleeping on a lawn, so I could always be worse.
    Not much shopping done lately as better to use what’s on hand and sales are still lacking, while prices are going up even at No Frills.
    I must be off as I now have a tad more energy so I can make dinner. But before I go remember to keep on drinking even if you’re not thirsty so you don’t become dehydrated.
    Blessings my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

goood afternoon all.

the tie sying went fabulously. everyone had a blast.

a ... person... made a comment to me.. and i am finding myslef being a tad ... sensitive about it. .. . so i am jut going to avoid people a bit..

i spent the last few nights working on a oval in crochet.. i think i have figured it out. I plan on making a car track rug for the kids. i think they will love it. this is what it should look like... mine... well... i will do the best i can...lol

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/6293...-2&frs=1&etp=1
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! Today went ok with life project but i am tired by the lack of sleep last night so i am praying and hoping to have a good resting night tonight.TGIF tomorrow!!! Heading out to bed soon!!! Have a good night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Soaking rain and thunderstorm finished a few minutes ago. Lots of sirens on the 403-not sure if heading towards Brantford or east to Hamilton-as probably there is an accident somewhere. Temperature has dropped some degrees and the relief is appreciated! It's food truck night at the local fairgrounds-weather must have affected sales.

Had about 3h napping in bed. Still feel a bit off but the rest helped. My laundry needs ironing before bedtime. Will see about starting on the task between 8:30 and 9:00 as I need the bedding back on my bed.

Community paper bundle came in late afternoon. I had no idea that Putnam Investments had 40 companies under its umbrella. The firm just bought Toys R Us Canada and Babies R US. Everest Toys (toy wholesaler) and Sunrise Records are two entities I knew were part of Putnam's collection of businesses (HQ in Ancaster Industrial Park)>story is lead article of community paper.

Happened to Google search a former friend and it seems she has earned a degree this year related to her health sciences area of work. Hope it means a higher salary/job security for her as there is a definite pecking order in status/occupational pay in her field of work. Three different post-secondary studies since early 2000s after local job ended due to funding running out and the scramble was real to figure which occupation might provide a future (two different ones).

Burlington is having a Sound of Music weekend. Usually there is a June festival but it's been held off for a second summer in a row.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

You will get 1000 pc points if you make a pc healthcare account(1 offer per account)
    https://pchealth.league.com/?utm_sou...campaign=video
    JadeAngel, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -ceil i dont have a usb fan ,it has been brutal with no air ,last night i came down and slept on the couch - a little cooler on the main level.

Monday cant get here fast enough for me.

We did spent the last 2 days at my son,s house with sebastian in the day.
    My dear daughter is 39 today ,she is going out with friends in toronto tonight ,but sebastian's dad will come and get him at 6.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Last night my daughter made reservations for an indoor supper she paid as a thankyou for letting her and sebastian live with us for 2 months .We walked in the rain when we came out at 7.30 ,that felt so refreshing .Such a lovely evening then we went to a chocolate shop after and treated ourselves to 2 nice bars.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Vacation day today. Plan is to go paddling again. It’s a bit windy but after lasts night’s adventure I should be fine. I knew a storm was brewing and thought I had enough time to get to shore. Well a human standing on a board is pretty much a sail and the wind picked up fiercely as I was heading in and blew me way past my spot. It was a good workout. I almost feel ready to try Lake Ontario but sadly today we have a missing boater so I will avoid adding to the confusion. They have been looking all night with no luck and his boat has been found so the outcome is not looking good.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m pretty disappointed that my recent promising job applications have not resulted in employment.

Our children return to school on September 1 and I’m not happy with our province’s nor our school division’s COVID related plans. Masks are not required in their classrooms. No cohorts, staggered recesses, or designated playground areas this year and no masks outside. Our children are 6 and almost 9yrs old, which is still too young to get vaccinated. My MIL just died of COVID 5.5 months ago. None of this feels safe or right.

Our new house is in need of major repairs that need to be completed by contractors. Dh and I are pretty handy, so we’re able to take care of the more minor repairs, but even those supplies add up.

I’ve been working hard to finish cleaning out our old house/garage/shed/yard. I’m selling some items and giving away or donating a crazy amount of stuff. I’m also selling some garden produce. No one seems to want to buy my cherry tomatoes.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Enjoying the cooler temps today had the doors and windows open letting some cool air come in but have closed up now as the sun was coming in.

I had hoped to get some house stuff done today with the cooler temps but I am getting slammed at work.

Thinking I might have to work this weekend to get caught up but if it is going to be as hot as they say might be the only work I can get done. Just me sitting in front of a fan with my laptop LOL. I do not want to work this weekend but these happen when you are a team of me, myself & I. But I have decided I am to look at the positive, it is going to be too hot to do anything else.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday
    JadeAngel, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon yes sassy it was nice this morning i had the windows open also.

I cooked a lovely corn ,potatoes and hamburger for lunch for sebastian and i ,his dad is picking him up at 4.45 .So we get a bit of a break i will watch him on sunday while my daughter gets her ex and my son and my hubby to help her move to toronto ,but then she will come back to stay one more week at my house as her work is so supper busy end of the month.

It is getting hot out again took sebastian for a walk and he rode his bike around the small block

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF!!! is all I can say right now lol.Today was not my day,I am too stressed and was sick..not cool
    Compagnies coupons start to enter slowly so that is good to have mail again in my mailbox hahaah !!!
    Take it in easy this week end!!!
    Grocery ,shopping and cleaning and that it
    Have a good eveniing and night !!!
    JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Vacation day today. Plan is to go paddling again. It’s a bit windy but after lasts night’s adventure I should be fine. I knew a storm was brewing and thought I had enough time to get to shore. Well a human standing on a board is pretty much a sail and the wind picked up fiercely as I was heading in and blew me way past my spot. It was a good workout. I almost feel ready to try Lake Ontario but sadly today we have a missing boater so I will avoid adding to the confusion. They have been looking all night with no luck and his boat has been found so the outcome is not looking good.
    Lake Ontario looked freezing cold today as we passed on our way home!
    JadeAngel, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information