User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow sassy what a task ,good that you accomplished a lot .Yes dehumidifiers are expensive we bought ours at canadian tire last month for 249.00reg 300.00 but used 40.00 in canadian tire money,it works great a noma brand .

Just hung a load out ,i love the tiered plan on hydro but i did go over last month a bit because having a larger household and i was doing my dear son,s washing .He is finally getting his washer fixed today 5 weeks later .My dear neighbour washer broke and she has to wait 2 weeks from home depot for a new one other places told her a month wait til they com in .Wow .

I dont have the girls this week as son/daughter-in-law are on holidays ,just sebastian.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice long weekend.

We went out in the canoe yesterday and then for a swim. Was a beautiful day to be out and everyone was so friendly enjoying the sunshine.
    Dinner was a ceaser salad with leftovers.
    The kitchen is a disaster zone. I am working on it now in between work tasks. I made myself coffee and eggs with rye toast for breakfast. Yum!

Almost missed the garbage man. I could hear it faintly at 730 and jumped out of bed and tossed on some pants and ran it out just in time. Phew!! My neighbours missed it as they must be away and their 20 something son is home and didn't put it out.

Today I need to stop at the beer store and get the empties out of my vehicle. I'm tired of smelling it!

Have a great day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Funny you say that we are also going to get a Noma at Canadian Tire tonight, I am getting the 42 pint (this part was most important to me, I wanted a large pint one) which is on sale for $249. Home Hardware had a different brand on sale but their 50 pint was either $449 or $499.

Appliances are a big issue right now due the shortages to make them, I was reading an article that real estate agents are noticing a trend that seller no longer want to include the appliances in the sale and would prefer to move them in fears if there are issues they cannot replace them.

Oh I am loving tiered hydro, it looks like over all my bills have gone down and the convenience of not having to wait. Due to my work schedule I had to do almost everything on the weekend but outside of the basement flooding now normally I can get stuff done during the week and find a little down time on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Wow sassy what a task ,good that you accomplished a lot .Yes dehumidifiers are expensive we bought ours at canadian tire last month for 249.00reg 300.00 but used 40.00 in canadian tire money,it works great a noma brand .

Just hung a load out ,i love the tiered plan on hydro but i did go over last month a bit because having a larger household and i was doing my dear son,s washing .He is finally getting his washer fixed today 5 weeks later .My dear neighbour washer broke and she has to wait 2 weeks from home depot for a new one other places told her a month wait til they com in .Wow .

I dont have the girls this week as son/daughter-in-law are on holidays ,just sebastian.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Funny you say that we are also going to get a Noma at Canadian Tire tonight, I am getting the 42 pint (this part was most important to me, I wanted a large pint one) which is on sale for $249. Home Hardware had a different brand on sale but their 50 pint was either $449 or $499.

Appliances are a big issue right now due the shortages to make them, I was reading an article that real estate agents are noticing a trend that seller no longer want to include the appliances in the sale and would prefer to move them in fears if there are issues they cannot replace them.

Oh I am loving tiered hydro, it looks like over all my bills have gone down and the convenience of not having to wait. Due to my work schedule I had to do almost everything on the weekend but outside of the basement flooding now normally I can get stuff done during the week and find a little down time on the weekend.
    If you have a CT MC they had promos all the time to finance purchases over $150 usually for 12 or 24 mths with no extra cost.
    dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok the load of towels I washed Thursday and forgot about have been re-washed and are in the dryer now. I should have know better!!
    Will fold and put them away today and the plan is to wash my bedding tomorrow and one load to keep up on it. My room needs some love. Cleaned the dresser off the other day so that was a good start. Tomorrow I will give it a good clean while the bedding is in the washer.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks for the info, I prefer if I can to just pay for it. I was just surprised at the cost, I did not realize how expensive they were.

But honestly we have hit a point where I feel like all I see is $$$ when it comes to the basement. I need to get more shelving, although I do not know if we need more bins, found a ton of organize stuff just need to clean it. Then it will be the cost to repair the walls and floor once ripped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    If you have a CT MC they had promos all the time to finance purchases over $150 usually for 12 or 24 mths with no extra cost.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys. Remember to use up your August expiry coupons, potentially FPCs from SampleSource.
    JadeAngel, dededi and Ciel21 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Today is 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys. Remember to use up your August expiry coupons, potentially FPCs from SampleSource.
    Thanks Angela! Dug out the Oliveri Skillet Gnocchi FPC I knew I had to use soon!
    Angela273, dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I paid $4.99 for a basket of peaches the other day and they are awesome. I see Walmart has them on for $2.87 starting on Thursday. I'm not even upset that I paid more. As long as we eat them I am happy.
    Skippy, Angela273, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, heck. The ad says 3L for $2.87. Why do they use litres/pints for some items but pounds/kilos for others? It makes it so difficult to compare.

Anyone know how heavy 3L of peaches are? My personal rule of thumb is 'nothing over $1/lb.'
    Skippy, dededi and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Grrrr best laid plans.

The people we hired to move the stuff out of our basement called and said they cannot come today so now our plans have changed. Mom is waiting for them to call back to let us know if they can squeeze us in at the end of the day or if we have to move all of this furniture as they are coming tomorrow to look at the damage first thing tomorrow morning.

Hopefully tomorrow we can go get the dehumidifier.

I hate it when things are done last minute, they gave us little notice that they were coming to inspect the damage which has caused us to have to do everything last minute. Originally we were told it would not be for a week or two and then it was you have the weekend we will be there Wednesday morning. But I also see others are not in the same position as us and do not have furniture stored in their basement. I just hate having to push to get things done in a tight time frame.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, dededi and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My family tends to keep things quiet, so I only found out today that my aunt (my dad’s oldest sister) had an extensive cancer surgery today. She had two surgeries for cancer a few years ago, but it came back and spread. She is in recovery now and they expect her to remain in hospital for 3-4wks before going home and starting physiotherapy.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela _273 (((Hugs))) Your aunt is some kind of trooper Hope family are able to keep her spirits up and get her some comforting healing foods during her recovery. That physio part kind of scares me just reading about it.

Re: house -hope negotiations go well or that the hazards don't prevent your family from occupying new home when sale closes.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley You and Mom pulled off an A-Team effort ("I love it when a plan comes together.") The worst of the cleanup is done and don't forget to journal it or mark it on a calendar to remind yourself of that accomplishment. Really glad your brother and his friend did show up to help with the weekend bag toss. Nice timing on the empty disposal bin-you know when opportunity came knocking!
    SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do expect this is the last post in awhile to talk about more baby clothes purchases. Got a couple of good surprises at The Bay today.
    Hereafter, tell me, "Ciel, go to Taco Bell" if I start raving about new baby things. Seriously! (I did have dinner at Taco Bell and it was rushed and I just made my bus home!).

Went in late afternoon to Lime Ridge Mall (lots of youth groups walking the mall). Had to check the baby dept (sock mystery-why did my sock order get cancelled?) in clearance and glance at the pricey new clothes (some so adorable I can understand budgets breaking). Surprise 1-I found the baby girl's Petit Lem VW muscle shirt top with van and surfboard and the matching short print (the set on the US Nordstrom Rack site but not found at the Mississauga store two weeks ago). Tag said $20.40--I paid $9.96 plus GST! Surprise 2-the only infant socks are in the special section for Little Me and First Impressions clothing (latter section had pastel eyelet shorts for little girls and I recall seeing one pair plunked on clearance rack, so I put it with its kind in the right section). Little Me socks packs-all $15, no sale stickers (Little ME was 25% off two weeks ago); one pack of 8 animal face socks, one pack of the blue/green socks (8) and one pack of the pink/orange/purple socks except 2prs were missing. I ask at cash for a discount pointing out missing socks. She offers 15% off-ok; socks ring up at $4.50-15%! MEGA SCORE. I also could not resist a pair of baby girl's white leggings with blue horizontal stripes and gold star on one knee and gold heart on other knee ($4.99 and size 6-9mo. perfect for the tops and the skort recently purchased). out of pocket $19.40!

Did about 5min quick browse of women's tops-did spot a plus size orange top with the cascading sleeve ruffles I have adored on baby girl clothing. Will see if the brand is offered in smaller sizes or other colours for top (maybe the Mapleview Bay might have smaller sizes???). Then hit the clearance sale dresses (busiest area on the sales floor-about 5 hardcore shoppers with sister/partner/friend combing racks. Did not find a keeper in my size but did spot a couple of interesting dresses in a bigger size and a smaller size. Left Bay at 5 min to 6pm announcement (dept store closes an hour before the mall does-been like for most months this year).

Destination_Disney Store-it's about 2/3 empty but still with lots of Baby Yoda and some Mandalorian merch. 20% off entire store. Some prices are eyewatering but I caved on a pair of Baby Yoda green swim trunks with 50SPF rating (US price $19.99, Cdn $27.99), 2 medium Disney store bags ($1.50 ea) and a Precious Cargo tote ($5.99-there must be about 75 or so in stock near cash). All items got 20% off and I paid $31.63. Good 10min of browsing. Some youth and adult ts for various Disney characters. There's one Baby Yoda boy's jacket 12mo? that is $55 -mostly dark grass green with lighter bright green trim. Soft green Mulan jackets for girls and a stunning purple suede sleeveless dress for young girls. I highly doubt stock will last until August 18 so I encourage Hamilton -area Disney fans to visit the store this week. Next to a rack of light coloured dresses with tutus was one strange Baby Yoda sleepshirt/gown. Cream coloured Spirit Jersey-back is wider than front (kind of gives a turtle shell impression) with large Baby Yoda face and Bounty logo on the back and nothing on the front except brand tag in seam. Around $45-49.99! Only saw the one item. Think it was for 9-12mo old. Saw Mandalorian gauntlets (they are about the size of walkie-talkies), Star Wars red light sabers, some soft plush dolls (various Baby Yoda styles, Olaf dolls etc.), $17.99 Disney script pins with different colours and tiny images on Mandalorian tag cards-sorry I cannot say what the images are as I had to bend at the waist to notice the different colours but no glasses on my head to discern the images on the key's teeth. Make sure to check at home to see if you have any lurking Disney gift cards (I know they are sold at Food Basics and Shoppers but I don't know if they'll be worthless if Cdn stores close-think Toronto will keep 3 stores open?).

There's no Suzy Shier store at the mall so I could not see if they might have XL in the dress of interest. I'll go back to Mapleview and try the large size one if it's still in stock.

Went to food court. Could tell some customers were hanging out with puzzle pages or a coffee like the old times (masks off of course!). The rest were eating their food. Peeve-orders are in takeout bags and not always packed with the plastic utensil or napkins. Thus I had most of my fries by hand and decided against eating all of them to make my bus home. Crunchwrap Supreme was awesome and I was surprised that I finished most of my Dr. Pepper (thirst; water fountain is still blocked off near food court).

So I have the baby stuff out of my system and still have that 40% off online Bay discount to use for something. Will try to get Mom keen on a new garment if we figure out what it may be (definitely not a $400 dress I think would be cool for her but it's not at the Bay--some independent store. I tried!)

Thanks for bearing with me.

EB Games-stores don't participate in the online Mando Mondays (I forgot to visit the website yesterday!). Watch is online only-no luck in finding it in store. Not sure if I will cry when I see the delivery charge and hold off for next Monday if it might mean a discount?
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Aug 3rd, 2021 at 09:43 PM.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information