User Tag List

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just popped over to shoppers to get a few specials (chips ,dishsoap) stuck to my list.

Then into winners got my daughter a gift card for her new place ,some few items for in a small bag for her birthday -end of the month.I decided not to buy a birthday card as i have so many blank ones that are really nice and then i can personalize it myself.
    Found winners has a good clearance on now ,i got sebastian 2 body glove wicking t-shirts for 5.00 -nice for hot days .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    G-what province is your daughter moving too. Mine went away to Vancouver for first year and is still there with one semester to go-she loves it Good for you encouraging your daughter to follow her dreams-even if she is far away. For us Vancouver is about 1,000 km through the mountains-so about an 11 hr drive or a 1 hr flight-somehow we find a way to make it work. Of course had she gone to the East Coast it would have been a lot tougher. My friends daughter went all the way to S. Korea for first year-but since it is going to continue to be online due to Covid she is going to transfer back here for second. I am sure my friend is quite relieved.
    she moved to Halifax.. a 20 h drive. i may have checked to see how much a plane ticket is...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

so, today...
    did a bunch of running around. and spent time working on her room. i have about 1.5 hours tops , including steam cleaning to do . in doing her room, i have started in Middle childs room, where currently hubbies desk is. i have about 2 h in that room... carpet steaming included...

tomorrow... laundry, so much laundry... and clean the playrom and kitchen.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

ok I found my list and added more compagnies I want to e-mail for coupons.This is my plan for this evening ...Go I am motivated today
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Giseledta visit her once and you will never want to come back to Ontario. I have an aunt and uncle that retired out there and then one of their kids followed. 2 yrs ago we flew my mom and kids out with us so 5 adult tickets and it was 2000.00 so one ticket would be ok once the Covid rates go away. My family does the drive back to Ontario twice a year. I am hopeful that next year DH and I can make the drive.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i mentioned that to my husband . lol. .. grab a really big uhaul... pack the house, pack oldest... stop pick up middle child, add thier stuff to the uhual... off we go ...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Giseledta visit her once and you will never want to come back to Ontario. I have an aunt and uncle that retired out there and then one of their kids followed. 2 yrs ago we flew my mom and kids out with us so 5 adult tickets and it was 2000.00 so one ticket would be ok once the Covid rates go away. My family does the drive back to Ontario twice a year. I am hopeful that next year DH and I can make the drive.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Perfect weather for a Saturday-cool and breezy yet warm enough to dry laundry! Naturally, I did not go out anywhere despite a few temptations to head out. Will do that tomorrow (have some to-dos on my list). Heard fewer big bikes on the road/highway today but last night-someone at 10:20pm thought it a good idea to squeal rubber tires on the highway; wish the local police patrol car would have nabbed the jerk. Kept hearing big motorbikes last night as people likely were coming back from Port Dover's Friday the 13th meetup.

Little frog continues to "hang out" on the top of the door edge. Wonder if s/he has noticed the many birds in the yard most mornings and thus would rather be out of sight than being on the turf under a fern.

Having the tv/dvd player all to myself this morning, I watched the late Alex Cord (wow, he was good-looking; he looked much older in Airwolf) in Genesis II. I totally understand why the first few minutes of the pilot were bad but after that point, the movie was like a mix of Western, a tv drama set on the Moonraker (James Bond film) set and a college costume party going long into the next morning. Or something like that! It did not help that the actor delivered his narration in a fairly boring "watching paint dry" tone. If I had been a tv exec back in the time of the pilot, I would not have been excited about this pilot!
    Fairly certain one Pax character was the late Majel Barrett-Rodenberry (yes, Wikipedia confirms this actor!). Familar face/hair/wardrobe.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sat, Aug 14th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Did 1/3 of my list of contacting compagnies for coupons after the mind and focus was not there anymore.... Hope to at least get a little bit of a positives responses.!!! Fingers Crossed!!! Will finish the list when I will have some spare time and motivation...lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Not sure what the day will bring but a nap this afternoon will be on the menu
    I was already avoiding wm since they dont pm anymore but another reason is I get told by a fb french couponning group that wm(at least on my city) only accept 1 coupon per person at all...wow.... ( dont know why maybe because people abusing and fraudulous printables.....)really hope the other stores will not follow...

I regret to not have bought more special k blueberries cereals when they where 3,99$ minus 2$ coupons in the websaver site (order by mail) my father eat his bowl of cereal every single morning and sometime as a snack..so down to 3 box.... but I am not sure dont want to stock to much maybe he will get tired of the cereal..

Have a good day!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 15th, 2021 at 08:30 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday did not go as planned, I emptied the dishwasher did a little bit of tidying up in the kitchen and then went to take a break my foot was really aching it was over. All my ambition was gone, my body was done and yesterday just was not my day.

I did struggle with this a little yesterday since it was a nice cool day and I did not get a lot done but at the same time I am good with it. I just needed that break, between work and the basement flood I have been going none stop for weeks and I just needed a break.

Not sure of the plan for today yet, thinking maybe some time in the kitchen, I have stuff from our Costco shop I need to break down and need to clean out the fridge. Also would not mind cleaning out our freezer in the kitchen, it is a mess right now. I really want to set up a Smoothie Station in my freezer so on days I am going into branches and do not have time to eat before I leave I can whip up a smoothie to take with me.

We will see how far I get there is a lot to be done, I know I won't get it all done but we will see.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out for dinner with my bestie last night then we went to visit our friend and her husband for a few hours. Sat out in the gazebo and had a good chat! Today we are all meeting at the beach at noon.
    I dropped DS off at work and then wanted to grab some cantaloupe for the beach. They had the 3pk romaine hearts on for $1.97 and I pm'd the cantaloupe for $1.67 (FB) Bought 2 of each and received 4000 PC pts. Awesome deal!

They also had 375g of lean ground beef for $1. I bought 10. then decided to go back in and get another 10. All wrapped and in the freezer. I did forget about the $5 family packs I bought about 12 of a little while ago lol. So we are stocked up! Lots of chili, pasta sauce and tacos/taco salad! Should cover us the winter!!

Made a greek salad and cantaloupe for food for the beach. Going to make coffee now and then pack the beach bag. And grab my book that I am still trying to finish that I started in Mexico last Feb!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

2 rooms nearly done. ... need to work on the rest of the housework... sigh. keeping busy.
    hubby moved her in.. took her to walmart.. and currently they are at ikea. ...
    he leaves tomorrow am back home.

she is ready
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This morning, I saw that little frog was on a weird downward angle. Thought how acrobatic. Second trip I looked again-frog has passed on. Must have caught a foot in wrong angle and dried up in situ, thus the weird angle. Put little frog down in the ferns below. Pity I did not put little frog into a shallow saucer with water and maybe a random insect or two. All that panting during the week-maybe poor thing hadn't learned to eat or to catch its food.

Managed to head out mid-morning. First stop, the new outlet store (still don't know about those Amazon surprise packages and hardware aisle had a partial aisle setup in progress so I could not explore it. Found a men's t-shirt for $3.99 I thought good for Bro (he did not approve but it's landing in his wardrobe next week), nothing in the little womenswear (about 10 plus size pullover dresses and a few in medium, rack of fleece type lounge pants or pyjama pants, very little in tops--the ones on body forms looked best), hit and miss shoe section (saw Dollar General tags on some of the footwear!;though there were 3 pr of little fox slippers or green frog ones in size 4 or a blue pair of beach slides in size 4 for tots), some snack/pantry finds i.e. Twinings English Breakfast tea decaf $2.00! Sea dulse flakes sm pkg $6 or lg pkg $10, Lots of Hostess Twinkies, Pops (like King Dons without the icing on top), one or two King Dons, lots of Passion Flakies $1 (pkgs are squished), Carr's table crackers at 99 cents, Gutton oat choc chip digestive cookies at $2, cases of Mr. Noodles, cases of Diet Pepsi at $3.99 or 3 for 10-did see three damaged boxes of Pepsi Zero (no price shown). Check food product dates-the packages of Y&Y seaweed snacks(3s) had a July 2021 date and hang bags of Kraft Caramels had Oct 2020 dates.

Did see a banged up box for one Instant Pot appliance and a few random small appliances (stainless steel). One 3 pk of kitchen towels on back wall.

Knapsacks-mostly suited for little students. Some bags had $5 or $15 tags-the smallest bags were directly under a $3 sign so YMMV.
    Copy paper-the hp branded 50% recycled packs, the one colour pkg ($11) or officejet packs ($7-8) all had visible corner damage, water or otherwise. There were clear plastic wrapped reams of copy paper for $7 without any branding or too much damage.

Lots of TCL soundbars, some 75" tvs. 3 clipboards for $1 (about std size). I did not notice any Woolite items but like I said, there's one aisle I could only partially explore. Baby feeding section-someone left a Carter's Simple joys 3 pck of baby girls onesies for $17 on the shelf.

Upsides of store: opens at 9am everyday, choice of little old LCBO carts or those small two-tier carts like No Frills/Fortinos/Walmart have (one employee was greeting customers and offering a cart), two Welcome mats with fireworks graphics at entrance, snacks!, store shelving not the warehouse racking as shown on few photos on Surplus Xtreme website, small toys/games area plus crafting supplies next to copy paper section, cheap tops. Bonus pack of alcohol wipes given to customers for shopping this weekend. Also ballot to enter if you wanted to win a bbq? Vinyl bench seat by shoes to allow customers to try footwear (popular spot with women and kids).

Downsides of store: large clear plastic bags (no charge, surprise) used for purchases (I brought a smaller one to put the big bag in)-though good for recycling cans/plastic at home, one rack of clothing (mens/womens) was near the exit side of store, not with the other clothing racks, anyone using a rollator or wheelchair won't easily move between clothing racks (just enough space for walking customers pushing a cart--I managed to skirt a couple of racks near side wall to avoid crossing right behind/beside other shoppers on opposite side of racks) as spacing is very tight unless they move between the kids/baby racks (might be just enough clearance for hands/arms to move mobility devices under the clothing).

I do plan a return visit to check the areas that I missed today. It'll help if I don't have to shop at other stores nearby (I did a trip to Walmart for beverages and produce and the paper--thought I would not make it home, my tote was too heavy. Good test run for tomorrow's mall crawl/big box store visit, as I must bring my cart along or I will pancake on a sidewalk!). Was able to use up balance on my Visa card for part of Walmart purchase. I had to chide a man with his adult son behind me-the elder was not keeping 2m away and I said he had to keep distant until I finished as I was not able to bag until I had paid with two tenders and sign on the card receipt. How I managed to make it out of the store...

Saw little boys' Canadiana gear (beige check flannel shirts, Buffalo check shirts and more dark grey fleecewear) at the edge of menswear dept. in a separate section. Did not have energy to go around to other side of womenswear to look at little girls' apparel.

At least I got a bottle of Vanilla Coke to deal with the hot sun on the way home. Still have to visit a couple of other shops at different plazas this afternoon. Need another hour of relaxation and I'll head out (and not buy anything heavy!).

Yesterday, I was admiring all the Playmobil sets that Hobby & Toy Central sells online. I cannot decide on one large set or two smaller ones. Definitely want something with wheels for fun and a case/set for easy storage/cleanup. Will see what is in the mall store tomorrow.

Today is the last week of Pepsi Stuff contest! Shoppers has 3 for $5 bottle deal and Dollarama has its $1 bottles and Walmart has a few contest capped bottles in the fridges by cash (not too many Diet or Regular bottles, though). Check your local Longos store for cases with codes. My local store has lots of Diet and Regular cases (but priced over $6 just so you know).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Value Village's websites states that Tuesday August 17 is National Thrift Shop Day. I have no idea what that means for shoppers as there's not been an e-mail about any promotions or incentives for that day. Oops, I had to scroll down to see this info:

Spend more, save more.

Save 20% when you spend $30 or more.
    Save 25% when you spend $50 or more.

Save 30% when you spend $75 or more.
    I'd love to visit the Cross Ave store in Oakville tomorrow if I can figure out the bus logistics before I visit RCSS. Just to see what's different in womenswear and maybe glance at totes and winter jackets.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Aug 15th, 2021 at 02:35 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! The sunshine is here (yay!!!) but not to hot so it is a perfect day!!!! I did not have a chance to take a nap this afternoon so I am very tired and my nights sleeping is not good (life project upcoming soon stress me a lot lots of thinking
    Well it was an interesting afternoon.No motivation at all but father and I kicked ours butts just like we did for the fridge and get a lot accomplished in 2 hres because honnestly the kitchen was a disaster major zone with cluttering and it was enough to see it for me!!!Father and me are a good cleaning team togheter!!!
    Dad was tired after that so he is taking a big nap and me I am relaxing.
    Now need to take the trashs away and recycle too in the outside proper bins(hope it is not too full grrr)
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 15th, 2021 at 04:40 PM.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information