User Tag List

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I walked into the house about 30min ago. Had to walk last stretch home as I got back too late for last local bus. Managed to get the curbside containers to the road without cart because I don't know how I'll feel in the morning. It was bliss having a watch on me-some bus clocks matched my watch but one bus was two minutes ahead with the time.

My Longos cart is too heavy to take on and off the bus-my back says so and lower legs had to kick the cart off so many times. It worked to carry two reams of printer paper, 2 jars of PC Black Label smoked paprika (one jar is left on the shelf), some wildflower honey, one pkg of PC dinner napkins (beautiful floral print), my laptop, and one reduced price baby onesie ($2.94! and there was no Taco Bell nearby). Love that the Oakville Uptown core terminal is only a block from Superstore and there is a westbound stop right outside the store (the OT route 5 bus takes 30min from the Dundas/Walkers Line 407 carpool lot to reach Uptown Core). It took me one bus fare and 2-1/2 hours to get to Superstore from home. One fare for way back.Finally saw the much-toted Haber Recreation Centre on Dundas Street West-outdoor space was well populated tonight. Think the centre is hiring for a position as something flashed on the outdoor sign.

I explored some of the PC tote offerings and the $6.48 off-white canvas tote with squarish black print is the right fabric and with handles but bag width is too wide and the straps hang about 12" down. I was tempted to get the $4.98 riptop bags that fold up but they will not carry a case of beverages or a 72-96 load container of liquid laundry detergent. Sigh.

There's a lot of clearance clothing in the Joe Fresh area and I decided to skip one bus in order to look around for 10min then resume grocery item shopping. Superstore is charging 5 cents per bag; Fortinos has not resumed the bag fee yet.

I skipped Mapleview Centre because I went so late in the day plus there were intermittent light sprinklings of rain that I worried my luck would include heavier rain somewhere while I was waiting outside for a connecting bus. On the way back to Fairview St & Guelph Line, I was 3-5min away from Value Village but followed the other passenger to get the westbound bus for Hamilton as it was getting late.

Plan is to visit Burlington in next two days and see Value Village before the mall. Have to see if any Fortinos nearby might have the fruit I want.

I'd like to visit the Uptown Core again if I get a KSP cart (smaller, plus one Burlington Transit bus put some upright handles on front-facing seats so no device or cart can move down the aisle-not sure what that is about except to provide grip for passengers needing support to rise from seats?) and have time to explore the clothing stores nearby. I was stunned at how densely populated Sixteen Mile Drive is with housing and seeing retail or office space about every third block. I remember when north of Dundas St West were only fields...

Also stunned at the size of SmartCentre at Appleby Rd & Dundas. Not too far up from the Millcroft Centre at Appleby & Upper Middle Rd. Burlington must have some serious shoppers to support so many big box centres. When I think that the Brant Power Centre (west side) and the Burlington Costco and surrounding big box stores were kind of early for their time...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel21 isn’t the development on Dundas crazy. DH and I marvel at it all the time, and plot our departure from Oakville. You were only 10 minutes from me. In fact I almost thought about running to superstore tonight but changed my mind. That was quite a long day for you and hopefully you will sleep well tonight.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The plumber and electrician have been delayed. Need more accurate quotes and get the work scheduled on the new house. I realized a different house related expensive financial mistake that Dh and I made with this mortgage, but it’s too late to fix it now. Feels like another undeserved blow.

I’m still looking for a teaching job. No luck yet. At this rate I’ll end up substitute teaching…which obviously doesn’t pay consistently and has zero benefits. Our childcare bill will be lower because our twins will be in school every day, but that is offset by other things.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I know it is late because I took a big nap after supper and now I cannot sleep...lol
    No energy to post yesterday afternoon
    I got so many no in my emailed compagnies... Seems that compagnies that still give coupons are rare...That is sad
    I need to test my coffee machine I did not use it since a long time and I think I need another one...guess will see...it is the one it was at my house so old ..but brewing coffee machine is not that expensive per chance
    Chilly night but I opened the living room windows for air to circulate
    I received my envie of coupons from the roak today to benefit the sale I want,but no babybel so I took laughing cow cheese dippers they where 3,99$ on the shelves but I scanned it and it was 2,99$ minus 1,99$ wub 5 or more minus 1,00$ coupons x8=0,99$ each ..great for snacks!!!!

I was really in a grumpy not happy mood but still made it to maxi ,iga and dollorama
    Spend 23$ at dollorama,never i spend that amount normally,but you know needed a few things...they did not have photos album and plastics pockets,want to built a album coupons,so I will diy one at the place
    Before I was sleeping a lot because of depression so it is kind a new routine to be more active so I get tired easily.Need to balance my energy and food menu for my plan of life beginning august 26

Alright time for bed soon if I dont want to be more messy in my now routine.

Good night
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Aug 17th, 2021 at 01:00 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

here my little brag
    Maxi:
    3 l of peaches pm iga@4,44$(really expensive compared to the 2,88$ last week wm deal)
    Nescafe instant coffee(father drink that) 4,00$ each and bought 4 and got 3200 pc points
    Deli 5 juice 1,75l@2$
    Oasis orange juice 1,75l @2$
    Michelinas frozen dinner @1$ eachx2
    Roma tomatoes @1$ lbs
    Romaine lettuce @99c pm iga
    no name bagel @1$ x2

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not the best night of sleep last night. I woke at 3 am and just as fell back asleep a neighbours car alarm kept going off. Think I fell back asleep just before my alarm went off to start my day.

Getting a little annoyed we are trying to get answers on our basement as they keep calling for rain but it does not seem to be a priority. Either we get back it will be rebooked as schedules allow or they do not answer. Luckily we have not flooded again but I am worried, each storm make me nervous this could be the one.

This afternoon I think I will run to the store, I only need a few things: Milk, Cucumbers and there was something else I cannot remember, hopefully it will come back to me.

Today I need to clean out the fridge, take out garbage and recycling and start the process of tidying up the Dining Room. With the basement flood and moving stuff around on the main floor our Dining Room has become a dump zone as it was out of the way of everything else going on. So I need to get it tidied up.

Have a great Tuesday everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-can you at least get some EI to supplement any sub teaching you get? I hope you enjoy the new house once problems are resolved.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I got up and went out for a bit.

Went to SDM to check the Lotto tickets in my wallet from the last while. I only buy them when the Jackpot for Lotto Max was really high. I won $112.90 on the August 6th draw!!! Wow! Tucked the money in my wallet for a rainy day.

Then went to the Salvation Army ( I always seem to pop in when on vacation and still in town) And found brand new dress shoes for $6 (I don't buy used shoes) They are perfect for jeans and work. I like black leather with a chunk heel. They are a little big size 8 and I am a 7-7.5 but I will wear thick socks. Will pop into the other thrift store later today as they weren't open yet.

I guess my oldest isn't working today because of the weather. I wanted to putter around in the laundry room but I don't like being down there when he is sleeping in. He doesn't get to do it too often.

Off to have a shower and get dressed for the day. Thinking I will even straighten my hair and put on make up!! Wow lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!! It is a sunny day,suppose to be hot,the ac is on.
    I checked the flyers a few good deals on fruits and veggies and provigo has the pc meat lasagna for 4,99$( i get that member price) .we like that as a fast meal.
    But i am ticked I have never received and no printer atm working(no in k) to not have receive the 2$ breakfest patatoes 2$ this week because they are 2$ this week and we like those...

Off to see what the day brings!!!

Have a good day!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well folks it's a great read seeing how life is treating everyone and the encouragement that is offered to one another,we all need more of that!
    Not much for me to post today as my head is starting to throb and my eyes are bugging me,so gotta get off this computer.
    In retrospect I should've either worn a mask when dealing with weeds in the garden or left them alone as that was the trigger for this. Oh well, lesson learned but I will probably do it again as I'm stubborn that way.
    Everyone have a great day and be the blessing you would have others be to you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

husband is home.. 4 days of driving in 5 days.. he is done drivig for a bit. lol .
    I have a huge chicken in the oven, will roast potatoes and do veggies .

youngest successfully made lunch, and hooked up the tv all by herself . Mom is still a wreak, but gawd, the kids is rocking it . so proud of her.
    hubby says he likes the changes i did to the 2 rooms, we may have to swap stuff depending o n internet... i should know within the week...
    if we need to , we need to .

we are going to find our new ... normal... i expect we will have lower expenses in a few areas, i am sure most will be absorbed by the costof living increases we are seeing ( gas prices... omg!!)

cashed out a 20 from caddle, waiting on co51, then willl cash out t here.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone loves almonds, expect price increases due to the California drought impacting almond producers. Toblerone chocolate is certainly going to be affected.

Sky here has been a watery gray most of the day with some splotches of sunshine here and there. I spent better part of day resting as upper body feels whammied. Though I do have a snack appetite that needs carbs and Bro's chips are disappearing along with the orange juice and cold Perrier. Bro brought home a Pepsi Stuff takeout cup and the contest code did not win a thing (I joked that a kayak win would be his but he said it'd be mine) but bumps up to 4 my entries for this week's final grand prize draw and possibly for the big prizes being drawn like Whistler trip and more.
    @lilo0003 I remember going to Superstore 2-3 times on my own when I had Bro's truck or car for the day while he was at work several years ago. It was fun to shop the store when it was quiet and find all the cool non-grocery items. The last time I was in the area (2017), we did not stop at the store upon our return from Toronto Premium Outlets (as Bro drove up Trafalgar from the 403 highway). I have noticed that all public transit buses seem to be under half capacity most times-one bus might be 2/3 full. Think this will all change by end of the month when everyone going to university or college start to move into dorms or rentals and need to meet with friends or get things for their rooms. Think Oakville residents are fortunate to have electronic signs (not in Hamilton) indicating next bus at the Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (did that ever get supersized from the low-rise entity it had been near downtown Oakville!) bus area and at the Uptown Core bus terminal area. Have to see if I can do the 5-bus trip all the way to Oakville GO on a cooler day so I can get that Value Village shop off my to-do list.

If Nordstrom Rack ever figures out how to turn their super-duper cart into a foldable model, I want one!

I am finding it amusing that I'd have to visit KSP at Eastgate Square or go to the Rio Can centre on Burloak/Wyecroft Rd to get that lighter weight shopping cart. However, if I stop at Burlington Centre before my Fairview St Value Village visit, I can check Winners or Homesense for any possible shopping carts (I've had a couple people tell me they got carts at Homesense). Since I had planned for 4 bus fares on 3 bus systems for my Monday trip, I have 2 fares remaining to use for the Burlington trip this week. Will end up having some cents value left on my Presto card but I can top it up for another HSR fare afterward.

Tomorrow's plan is to be in Burlington before 10am -will pack my bag tonight and take an umbrella along (showers/storm possible). Just want the wind to be cool to offset the humidity. I need long sleeves for the a/c on the buses and in the stores (else I feel freeze-dried).

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! Wow the humidity outside is crazy,thanks god for ac!!!
    I find I need to find balance in my life,it is all the time I do something at at least 70% or I wont do it at all,it is bad
    I am so stressed by my dental exam of my teeth tomorrow morning,I just hope to have a ok sleep tonight.
    I think I will hit another dollorama bigger tomorrow when I will go pick up my free crackers at metro (free friday is back) I hope the dollo will have the plastic pockets and photos albums. fingers crossed
    I have a beverage of lipton ice tea and a chip to claim with couche tard contest,dont know if I will go on time
    Again a few little yes from compagnies 75% where no and I am still waiting some responses back

Have a good evening and night everyone!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had my nails done today for a treat. Haven't had them done since December 2019 I think was the last time. I know I wanted to get them done before my trip to Mexico last year but didn't have time and then returned home to Covid Chaos.
    The went and chatted with my friend while she worked. (She works for herself so go and chat and help her).

Tomorrow night we are meeting girlfriends at the beach. We are all bringing our dinner to eat there and then have a swim and chat.

I feel tired and think it's movie time and probably very early to bed. Night all!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How can it be possible that Consumers Distributing closed 25 years ago? I am not missing the old commercials.
    https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...retrospective/

Whenever I have entered Lee Valley Tools, I feel like it's a more modern CD store--you have to fill a form to get your products!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and cath007 like this.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information