User Tag List

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I cashed in Eclipsa CB last week and CO51 this week. So far this week I sold red rhubarb, dill tops for canning, tomatoes (I bought plants and 1/2 of them were incorrectly labeled so I ended up with a lot of extra cherry tomato plants this year), and some yellow string beans. No real interest in a lot of the items that I posted for sale last week. I redeemed some Air Miles & PC Optimum points this week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My DH had his hip replaced 24 hrs ago-I was able to take him home after 12 hrs-as he had an anterior incision which is a quicker recovery. He is happy to be home and DD is here too while we help him out-he is a pretty easy patient though.

Ciel I am amazed how much you are getting done despite your cancer!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Beautiful sunny start to the day!

My house is quiet. My youngest and his friend are sleeping still as they were at their friends house for his birthday last night and didn't get home till late. I will let them sleep and wait to do some cleaning.

Think I will pop out for a bit. Checking my pc pt offers 1st!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I woke up too early this morning. I decided to try for the radio contest this morning. They’re celebrating their 60 year anniversary. I guessed the correct answer and won a $50gc to Dunrite Glass in town.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Great new that your husband got his surgery, I believe you mentioned it was postponed a few times due to Covid.

Prayers for a speedy recovery

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    My DH had his hip replaced 24 hrs ago-I was able to take him home after 12 hrs-as he had an anterior incision which is a quicker recovery. He is happy to be home and DD is here too while we help him out-he is a pretty easy patient though.

Ciel I am amazed how much you are getting done despite your cancer!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I said I was going to try hard not to log onto my work email but I just did. 160 emails. All dealt with. Printed off what needed to be printed off. Dealt with a few issues. Will make going back a bit easier. I will probably log back in next week sometime. oh well it is what it is.

Well I think I will go putter in the laundry room for a bit until DS's Ortho appt.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Grr photo albums at wm are super expensive...so I pass my turn...and cpc dont carry them anymore...it seems so rare.. But I did found my plastics pockets holders for coupon book!!! sO not the dollorama price . and I noticed only 2 with cashiers lines,others are with the machine...no wonder why they cut the pming and coupons.And i noticed the kraft summer box reg 10$ reduced to 4$ (2 salad dressing,miracle whip and bull eye bbq sauce with supposed a coupons for 1$ kraft thick cheese slices,did not need it,already stocked in bbq sauce,mayo and salad dressing,otherwhise i would have bought it
    got my 2 lasagnas at maxi but I am a little annoyes with a cashier who is not aware that member price by pm dont apply automatic so everytime I have to argue with her....huh(i always take the express lane and she seems she is always there)
    renewed ink and got the tip to print every 10 days or so to not have the ink dry

Have a good day,it is sunny!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Aug 20th, 2021 at 11:47 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Aunt offered more cherries tomatoes from her garden but sadly i purchased some today at grocery....bad timing,maybe next week

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sold my youngest daughters bike.. sent her the money already.

had a guy stop by my house looking for childcare...

made egg rooll in a bowl for supper. so yummy. gave some stuff to a friend.
    all in all a good day. i have a plan for the weekend.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@lizzie bargain I do what I can and will admit some anger at Mom and Bro spurs me to do the daytrips when possible (financially and when body says ok or the bus a/c compensates for the wilting heat) because they've made it clear they don't respect my wishes and they are not going to be reliable if I ask them to buy something at the grocery stores that I need. So while I can remain upright (though my range is diminishing), I am trying to do my grocery shopping (so helpful friend usually offers to take me to a store if needed after the library) and take a little excursion here and there. I know once I am stuck at home or in bed, I won't have control over many things I want done my way. Not keen to wither away but that prospect is like a shadow in a dark hallway, going "psst, I have to talk to you!"

I did something silly today-I ran out of bus fare (took too long to browse in the Bay for starters) but got back from Burlington (accident on road near Ikea added like 15-20min to the ride) to Hamilton. Had to hike home (I have some dark tanned areas!) and got a pop to help me on my way to the next library and cooling rest, then rest of way home (refilled pop bottle at water fountain in town and bliss!). Got my free mall gift card (I was lucky-it was the 2nd last one left to be claimed!), got a summer nightgown for Mom with it and most of my cash after I bought a clearance baby boy shirt (no, I skipped the food court and Taco Bell today) too. There was a problem getting the transaction rung up properly and I almost went home but after a couple of back and forths, the problem was figured out and gift card was used. So no toys for now-it was truly chance that I looked at nightgowns while waiting for another customer to finish at the cash desk. Don't always see nice sleep wear at my mall store so--had to buy the nice stuff! Managed to visit Burlington Centre and Value Village (found a Clarins canvas bag for $6.49 and a green-blue space dye Joe Fresh hoodie zipper top for $6.99-there were no long sleeve shirts except in knits) also. Hot humid day-ordinarily I'd not trek that far in such conditions. Also second time this week I had to run-walk to get my first bus (so lesson learned that I have timing issues) as it was coming down the road while I was not on the same side as it. While resting near one grocery plaza in town, a different friend happened to pull over as she spotted me and we had a quick chat. It gave me a good boost when my back and legs were planning mutiny. I am going to hurt for the next couple of days... but I made some good memories.

Burlington Centre's Bay 2nd floor has two Zellers banners. I was told by Mapleview Bay employee that is a pop-up store. I saw toys (Bay's toys tend to be online order items except for the odd random plush toy), $35 Canvas bags in red/black and throws, blankets and some sweats/t-shirts. It was a shock to see the Zellers banner given that the last Zellers clearance store closed in Toronto in 2019. And there is a decent display of furniture upstairs too, not the sliver of displays like at Lime Ridge Mall. However, this mall store (BC) is looking rundown-maintenance has not been kept up, escalator was not working and the carpet is really stained. Another shock-in Baby wear, there were easily 3 Aden + Anais knotted gowns with caps for sale and in stock. I can tell you that the website keeps indicating the stock ships from vendor whenever I have Limeridge Mall as my pickup store default and I choose Pick Up in Store. The first floor's womenswear-saw a fabulous dress print in size 14 but there's a ton of waist smocking and I could not find the price. Seems like a fall dress but I only saw that one size; Lili Sidonio by Molly Bracken-dark background in rich jewel tones and with some pleating at top of short sleeves and dress zipper on back. The Olsen dept has lots of Green Garden pieces in stock and more room for wares than at my Lime Ridge store. I did not look too deeply but recognized the GG display unit.

Neither Winners or Homesense in BC mall had the rolling shopping carts or any Woolite mesh laundry bags. Noticed that Marks took over Homesense's old store location. Saw that Jockey for Women french cut elance 3pk were marked for clearance at $20.98. Usually 3pk of Jockey sells in the upper $27-29 range unless a rare sale happens (like when I ordered some Jockey during a sale! this summer). Saw the arcade area nearby-lots of lights and big games. Some lucky boy had two adult women indulging his gaming fun! Miniso seems long gone-Eh Canada is now in its retail space. Denningers has about 10 kinds of St. Dalfour jam so I bought one I don't always find at the local grocery stores. Actually spotted Hemp Yeah! bars at $3.49 (2 varieties) in a clearance cart by the mobile cash area. They are not the older varieties I learned about at Sobeys but still even seeing any hemp bars is a surprise.

Burda Style magazine price shock-at Denningers, each issue (Saw English Sept, April and think German issue in June) is now $13.95 (was $12 not so long ago). At Indigo, the June issue on display does not have an Indigo sticker but the printed cover price states CAD $18.99! Wowsers. The Starbucks entrance through Indigo's magazine area is closed off and sale racks of merchandise are in front of the fencing/doors.

Random fabric print discovery-I almost bought a navy blue Banana Republic v-neck with floral print short sleeve top for $.6.99 (at Value Village) until I noticed the pilling at the tummy area. I was walking past Fairweather in Burlington Centre and noticed one rack of tops by mall entrance looked very familiar. Same blue background, same colourway of flowers which were bigger and lacing on top. $59 for an Urbanology top. Wowsers.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have to figure out how to get groceries this weekend with last $20. Bought local paper for election coverage and to see the ads. Did not look at all of the flyers in the community paper bundle. The Moneysaver plastic sleeve did not have a coupon book -mostly ads from Pizza Nova, a few home improvement vendors and one local dentist. Two real estate newsletters were in the mail also.

Bro had a couple of hamburgers ready in the fridge plus Costco's potato salad, so I had a dinner ready to enjoy (and I was hungry). Plus had some lime Perrier (not my fave but it was cold).

Discovered I washed laundry on a religious holiday tonight. At least Mom seemed unaware of my early morning bedding wash but she gave me heck for the evening load! Glad I put bedding away before I left on my outing. I'll hang everything outside tomorrow morning but tonight, they are on the laundry lines downstairs.

Not sure how to raise the matter of getting some items for living room. Have to see if Mom would go to the store to check wares but first she needs to verify that the senior amount landed in her account this week. Her car has a repair issue and I assume Bro knows it needs to be fixed soon as Mom needs the car next week.

What a muggy evening. Time to call in the watermelon wedges.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since I cannot sleep but will go into bed after this post
    I searched for QC contest of giftcard,cash or prizes i will use and entered a bunch of contests.You never know if you dont participate!!! It take only 1 time like lottery tickets lol...i dont buy those

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-I applaud your courage in facing your cancer. Is it untreatable or are you choosing not to have treatment? If this is too personal a question then please ignore or PM me. My eldest sis in TO has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will have a lumpectomy at the end of the month-hopefully that will be it but afterwards we will see if she needs further treatment. My DH is continuing to recover very well from his hip replacement and we feel very blessed-it took a long time but so worth it. And My American born husband quipped on the way home from the hospital-and there will be no bill coming in the mail either! They did take very good care of him at the hospital and for that I am very thankful.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Sure I will take a big nap this afternoon.It is so cloundy and foggy this morning.I will go later this morning at marche public for things I cannot find at grocery.I want to maybe pm sdm at maxi and cie but not sure they still do it huh...
    Down to 3 packs of toilet papers I guess I will start to chase the deals with sale and coupons soon.
    wow...i am annoyed and pissed i did not print my 3$ charmin and 3$ bounty coupons yesterday...they are nla. this morning..that suck big time..everytime high value coupons is there i wont get it....they go fast because i guess not sure people have differents accounts or e-mail...
    TGIF!!!
    Chatted a little bit on fb with my old friend.We dont talk very often,that is sad

Have a good day!
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Aug 20th, 2021 at 08:25 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I moved extra kitchen items to the new house. It was nice that i now have the room to store seasonal items in the cupboards in the basement, instead of having Christmas baking supplies in the kitchen. I also emptied our a storage bench and moved the contents to the other house. Picked up the necessary painting supplies and matching paint for a couple of walls that need to be painted. Then I finished prepping the wall in the master bedroom before heading home to feed the kids supper.

Dh is still working overtime at work on a daily basis. It was 7:45 last night when we were able to get over to the other house. Our kids wanted to go home when it was bedtime. They got themselves tucked in with blankets on what will be our dining room floor. They looked very cute and I took a picture before getting them into the van to drive home for the night. I think the paint on our bedroom wall looks good. Dh also patched a bunch of nail holes in the living room wall. We plan in painting that 27’ wall tonight. The movers are coming to switch washers/dryer between our two houses. The contents of our medium sized chest freezer should now fit between the fridge freezers at the two houses. We’ll unplug the chest freezer tonight. The twin sized mattresses can be transported inside my van and the kids can go in dh’s vehicle. We will be sleeping in the other house tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 21st, 2021 at 03:18 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information