User Tag List

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found out Laneige coats are in store (Giant Tiger) but there's a limited amount -4 in red and 4 in white (plus sizes only). Website for garment indicated customers cannot order coats for home delivery nor ship to store. I found the white 1x coat to be heavy and it has a 2nd zipper under the first one. I like the snaps. Outer coat shell is a textured polyester-if you like being heard while moving around in the snow, this could be your parka. Did not try any other outerwear-my search is done. Will make do with what I have for winter.

Vegan leather gloves are polyurethane. They were not easy to spot from main aisle. I was drawn in by the neon work gloves on top row of back wall of workwear display. The winter gloves were below waist level on the back wall (I thought there might be a bin or more prominent peg display). I got the S-M size black ones with grey knit cuffs (minimum detail to not add bulk where my coat cuffs rest on my wrists). Decided I could not pass up a $7 medium men's neon shirt-perfect for visibility! Got some AAs and one AAAs, all 99 cent Westinghouse battery packages. I left the 99 cent pop and the candy deals alone as I hadn't planned on going over $20 at that store. Noticed a bin with 2 for $6 sign for yard waste bags at the back of the store near the hardware items. All the floor arrows have been removed except one in the grocery section. Probably just missed?

Got some things at Longos (including two small cheese wedges as flavours sound yummy). Was given a card with barcode-next week, get $25 off wus $100 or more in-store. Deal applies to six locations only: Ancaster, 3 Burlington stores and 2 Oakville stores.

Did a takeout order at McDonalds to get 6 Monopoly stickers (one is a free small McCafe beverage win). I was asked if I wanted to dine-in and declined, citing inability to have printed off a complete passport. Ate meal on a bench outside. Then a quick stop for some Diet Coke at Dollar Tree and I went home, with the fog at ground level at this point. Glad I had a flashlight on me!

Feel I ought to plan on some walks while weather is nicer to find any refundable containers and treasures in the next week. The weather is sure to turn wet (Saturday is perfect for leaving your vehicles in the rain in Hamilton area) and cold soon enough. Thanksgiving picnic outside for Monday-could be possible! 24C forecast! That last time we had a hot Thanksgiving, it was a touch higher. 2000 was the hot one- https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...5-year-records
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reitmans womenswear website-has Dealsgiving weekend. 40% off on most everything.
    There's a pair of quilted leather gloves now for $23.94 ($39.99 usually). I don't know what size XL covers (8.5?). No studs on cuffs.
    https://www.reitmans.com/en/quilted-...gid=WA#start=1

OOh, big button cardigan with big pockets! https://www.reitmans.com/en/button-u...digans#start=1
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning and TGIF!!!! Have a good day!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Good news, our branch is not short staffed today so it is a work from home day for me which means I get to play catch up. If they needed my help I would have gone in but I am super happy to have a catch up day, it was exactly what I needed.

This week did not fall into place the way I hoped, we ended up off our meal plan and my to-do-list did not get looked at after Monday. I have decided I need to refocus and reorganize and even though it is only Friday I am over this week and moving into next week. New meal plan has been made, working on a new to-do-list and moving forward.

Tonight for dinner I am making Slow Cooker Garlic Ginger Pork with Rice and either Broccoli or Stir Fry veggies, we will see what I feel like closer to dinner.

Have a great Friday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Well our trip to Toronto went well yesterday and I was so lucky. My doc and nurse took me in for my procedure as soon as I arrived and I was 45 mins early!
    This morning I slept in (still on BC time) and then took my dog for a lovely fall walk along the trail. Some of the colours were absolutely vibrant. I sometimes forget how beautiful fall can be.
    Today I'm going to focus on strategizing savings for the next year. I really want to go back to BC with DH and to visit DD and it's going to be expensive. Even with seat sales, the tickets will run $1,100 to $1500 for the 2 of us return. Then we have accomodation costs as well as restaurant costs (my plan to buy from grocery stores didn't fare too well my last visit). I have my 3 categories started below as well as our continued savings fund for our new tv/soundbar. I put all of our savings from loyalty redemptions into the tv/soundbar fund (with exception of Shoppers Promos... those go to "my fund"). Our TV is over 20 years old and is still working ok with the help of Google TV additions etc but it's almost time for a change. Our old TV will be moved down to our gym area so we can still try to squeeze a few more years out of it.

Have a wonderful day!
    Have you thought about keeping an eye out for used TV's. So many people are getting rid of perfectly good TV's (40"-50") for a larger 55" or 65" inch screens or for the new OLED technology. I recently got a free used 50" Panasonic plasma tv as my friends were upgrading to 65". No issues, beautiful picture

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    The good thing about crappy PC offers is there is almost nothing worth saving. I saved the one for mushrooms but the rest were not worth saving and not for products I would buy like Joe Fresh earrings and nail polish. @giseldta for the child out of province what about restaurants gift cards or Uber eats. She is in school so that could allow for a nice treat. My kids love gift cards to restaurants and movies because these are expensive. My brother always buys my younger son movie gift cards and the older son fuel ones but they are so appreciated by the boys.
    I had a real live doctors appointment today. I was well last the three years for a Pap and I am super attentive to my health. I had another appointment next month that was to be virtual as I have a mole to remove so I thought I would need a referral. So I asked if he could look at it today so next month he would know what it was because it’s on my back so it would be awkward to show him. He took one look and said he can remove it because a dermatologist will consider it cosmetic and I would pay. So instead of waiting a month I am back in a week. Yay for saving money but even better to get this off as it’s sitting right under my bra strap so it’s getting irritated.
    If they biopsy it, it will be covered under OHIP. Since it's irritating you, it will be covered. I had a mole that was itchy and when it was biopsied, it was starting to change (which was not good).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Sent in an e-mail re: grocery order. The invoice amount is higher than the order confirmation as I did not get the gravy free and I think I lost the discount related to buying a turkey meal. I checked my prepaid card balance on the phone and was rather shocked at the negative balance (hold on card plus a purchase entry=headache). Will have to wait and see what response will be.

Remembering that my vaccine passport link would expire this morning, I attempted to print off the proof of vaccination and the passport (a few times) last night. The dates don't appear on the proof (miffy printer and rundown black ink cartridge) and the passport only shows the Ministry of Health's watermarks. If I tilt the pages to the light, I can see the imprint of words and numbers on pages 1 and 2. I tried to print again-same outcome. Noticed the tiny print on bottom of passport showed the date I had printed the document. Swell. Then recalled I could save my passport online through Pocket Health for free so I uploaded the file there too. I thought about requesting a health record from one provider but Pocket Health wants a person to make an electronic signature with the request. I don't have a stylus for that and a finger signature would not be good. Besides, I don't know what fee might be charged as part 3 of process might need a card (the word that is visible is Payment).

Dinner was cooked rotini, tossed with a tinned tuna, splash of red wine, some herbes de Provence and chili flakes plus a few shakes of sea salt (which clumps in salt shaker so a few shakes to get enough grains to leap into pot).

I got sidetracked looking for photos in online files. Time to get some miscellaneous photos printed this week. Given the comfortable temperatures of late, I feel like I should have a few snaps taken to mark October and fall.

How is everyone's contesting going with the Monopoly game today?
    The first item I bought at Mcdonalds was coffee and I won free medium fries.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ceil-my hubby had a mcdonalds coffee yesterday and won a free soda drink.I will use for sure when i am out and about .

cath-people on face book are so superficial,they post these perfect lives and theirs is not ,that is one reason i dont wish to have face book .I f you cant email me or call me then forget it .I have looked at my daughter,s face book when she is here,no thank you at my age couldnt care less.

Off to my appt soon for 10.40 .I am all dressed up in thrift tommy hillfiger burgundy pants talize $6.99 ,reitmans short sleeve very pretty dark patterned blouse $7.00 style encore and a long black sweater from talize years ago i paid $5.00=$18.99-i look like a million bucks ,at least i feel this way.
    While I agree about Facebook - I use their marketplace and I have bought some items through it will no issues. Better than Kijji in my opinion. Otherwise it's mostly ads I find these days.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Herman -i disagree ,(sorry family is still family ) not in my life .I have lost a brother over a certain situation in life (dont wish to go into).I am not going to pine away for him the rest of my life ,like my dear mother did .Certain times in life you can have better friends than family .Sorry just how i feel and i am a caring person.
    I agree 100% with you. Sometimes if a family member is toxic, you have to removed yourself from them. I don't agree that family is family - that isn't a excuse to disrespect people just because you are related. I chose not to have a relationship with a toxic family member and it was the best decision I made.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our pup is getting a much needed spa day today! She is going to be so happy when she comes back home. Me too! She stuck!

We are heading to my sisters tonight for a steak dinner and swim in their new pool. My niece is having a pool party on Monday. Swimming in October

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dinner is in the slow cooker, dinner on track for tonight - check

I am super excited about our Meal Plan for this week, I have added a number of new meals to try because we both keep saying we want something different. I got different cover this week but also included a few favourites for those nights I just need to get dinner done.

Work to-do-list is going well, I am almost caught up and then I can work on all the other things.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It’s been a rough week…

We have been under another air quality advisory. It stinks outside due to the forest fires it burns my throat.
    Very sorry to hear. I hope things get better soon.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not a fan of the rain right now. It was on and off drizzle to bank/Shoppers and library (but I spotted some maple leaves in coral glory!). But it's a proper rain and I don't want to be in it. Have a stop to make before going home. Might be best to pay for a bus fare and take a trip to big box land for a short visit.

Best thing this morning: a milky mug of English breakfast tea with a spoonful of sugar. That was bliss.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you have a Fortinos online order to make, don't forget this freebie offer! Just spotted it:
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We have the littlest granddaughter as my son/wife are at a wedding -I made my stuffing this afternoon and put it in the fridge then coloured with cara -took her to the library and got my hold book along with 4 kiddie books .The librarian gave cara a bag from the fire dept with a small plastic fire hat ,activity book and pin and one for her older sister ashlyn as they only had two left.

I told cara i will treat her to wendy's for takeout for supper.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information