User Tag List

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I made a request for financial help with life project ...really hope to get it...it would be such a relief for my finance to not touching anymore to much my heritance money..
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Weather has been acting like a washing machine in need of repair. Rain, then no rain. Gray sky then sunshine. Wind on and off. Now it's bright in Ancaster but earlier, the day was a flat gray then a wet "it's raining" dark gray. Those leaves are flapping hard!

Perfect day to wear my long-sleeved Henley shirt and wear layers.

Some of the stuff in the basement has finally left (some away and some elsewhere). The space freed up reallly makes a difference. Still upset it took years to get to this point.

The Bay is having Bay Days Oct 15-31. Lots of deals. Some kids' apparel offers. Noticed one line of snowsuits that were on for 25% off last week are 30% off this week. Do use the website to "pre-shop" as only certain items seem on sale or better yet "Clearance." Seems many locations don't have stock but if you have a local store, shop it on the website to determine what might be available then go to the store to verify the other items are really not there (sometimes they are, you just have to find them on the sales racks if they are apparel).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had impacted wisdom teeth and got the big needle for anesthetic before the surgery. I remember saying what, no hypo needle? When I spoke with those balls of cotton wadding afterward, it was like I had marbles in my mouth. Ooh, did that pain kick in hard when the anesthetic wore off.

Seems I assumed the old table was getting a heave-ho on trip 2 to dump (related chairs and sideboard/buffet have been moved). But there is no trip 2 happening today. Means I'll have to MacGyver the takeapart myself considering I had to move a shelving unit and contents to get the table into laundry room. No way will I reverse course. Should be an interesting week ahead. I took a small plastic folding table but Bro thinks he owns it. Nope but he had way too much stuff on it and it's time he deals with it. Otherwise I don't have a table for the laptop.

Making a walk mandatory this afternoon to get some air. Here's hoping my table does not removed while I am away!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

used up my last gc that i had today... it was 50.00 off a fancy charcutrie tray. also picked up some sweets.. so yummy.

did a quick run to walmart... hubby needed shoes... got a few things 3.00 to co 51.

the dc kids have been rotating ick and snot.. .. 4 covid tests.. sigh.. any hoo.. dc rooms torn apart.. lysol everywhere. ... done. i am tired.

hubby and i are going to work on a house declutter project .. that is mostly him.. and me supporting him

then chill for the night..
    goals man, goals
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    Working on getting things done.

This morning I made a Carrot Apple Bread to use up some apples. I still have more not sure what I will do the rest yet. Then I made Lemon Breakfast Muffins, I have no idea what makes them a Breakfast Muffin but they are GOOD!!!!!! At first Mom was unsure about them but now that she has tried them I have been told I can make these again.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash to use up one of the Spaghetti Squash I got from Costco. I am excited it has a balsamic glaze and I am obsessed with anything balsamic.

Tonight night I am going to make a Chicken Stew in the Slow Cooker plus I need to make some homemade run to go with it. That is on tomorrow's to-do-list.

I spent sometime downstairs trying to come up with a plan right now I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I know I will be happy when I am done but right now it just seems like a lot of work. Plus I am not one of those people who can look at something and see everything fall into place, I am more of a hands on move things a few things and then it comes together type of person.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have had ashlyn since 12.30 i just treated her to wendys ,used a coupon for my meal .We have played with my old dolls ,lego we built a house and now we will relax and colour before her bath .

She is in bed at 8.30 ,she is the easiest to watch now that she is age 8.

Oh and we walked around the neighbourhood to see halloween houses saw 4 (not many as my neighbourhood doesnt have a lot of small children)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Oct 16th, 2021 at 06:40 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The teacher that I’m filling in for does not have Covid. I have a bunch of stuff to prep and don’t know if Monday is my last day in for her or not. I’m refusing to do it today.

I had the kids try on their winter clothes because it’s supposed to hit -5 at night one night this week. We have most of what they need. Ds will need another pair of ski pants because he’s wearing out the knees to the brand new ones that I bought last year. I just did my best to repair 2 pairs of ski pants and a little spot on the matching winter jacket. These are all items that my kids want to wear. We have extra ski pants for our twins. All of them have winter boots that fit for now, but they’ll all need bigger pairs for the winter. They’ll need more mittens too, but don’t need those yet.

I managed to sell $6 in items today. I also arranged for someone to mend and donate a different pair of ski pants, her grandkids are too big for them. I know she’s handy and has a sewing machine.

I’m posting small hockey skates, and winter clothes for sale. I also posted the metal Tonka toys. Twin boys wanted to keep a specific one, but the rest are going. $6 in pick ups today. Some people made offers on the metal Tonka toys, but I’m hoping to get my asking price.

We plan on doing some yard work tomorrow while the weather is nice.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Managed to get a long walk in this afternoon/early evening (I did not go home right after library--I kept going to check out Value Village and Dollarama after collecting my free small hot chocolate from the McDonald's location there). Got caught in light rain just before 7pm for 10min.

My desired lamp has had its price lowered. Well, if I can get it next week, I'd be using it in the basement.

Got some printouts made at the library and noticed the black and white copies look too light. Must be time to change the toner cartridge on the machine. Used up my print card balance for two colour copies. Those little amounts from the prepaid gift cards have. been super handy this week! 82 cents remains on my last card. Found some new magazine issues to enjoy over the weekend (lovely find-usually have to wait a couple of months for certain ones to be on the shelves)

Received 50 cents in can refunds plus found a dime. With the 35 cents in my coin purse I was able to buy a 1L bottle of Dr. Pepper for 95 cents! Why is a bigger bottle of pop cheaper than the 591 ml bottles in the cooler? I was happy with that deal after looking at the soap pumps in the store and glancing at treats.

The cooler temperature is doing wonders for compiling a list of small tasks to get done this month before the thermometer gets in the single digits for daytime range. Used my last Swiffer duster for the upper walls/ceiling. Will look for a sale to get a new box.

Bro put the big wooden table back in rec room. Sigh. It'll be cleaned next week then I'm going to attempt to take it apart and move it out.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well.ca (Rexall's online e-commerce site) >2 new items to note:

-their French version of the website is not fully complete but some of the site is now accessible in French.
    https://well.ca/fr/

-Friends and Family event online ends tomorrow. Exclusions are for certain baby gear brand names and gift cards. Thought I'd share!
    Yes, website has a Holiday tab already!
    https://well.ca/friendsandfamily

For those of you in the Be Well loyalty program, you can earn points on online purchases.

Only drawback-no guest checkout option. You must make an account in order to shop online.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was able to take advantage of the 20x event at Shoppers. I had downloaded the P&G offers and so a large part of my purchase was Pantene as I spent 20.00 and received 8000 PCO. I also made sure to buy the Burnbrae eggs for the Caddle offer. DS1 made dinner to night using up peppers from the garden and cilantro that was at the end of its life. I appreciate that he pays attention to the food so we can reduce waste. DS is not a fan of the dish so he and number 2 son has spaghetti and meatballs. I made a batch of meatballs on Thursday but now I need a sale on ground beef as I have none on hand.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Such a joy to have ashlyn sleep over .In bed at 8.30 asleep soon after ,up at 7.30 and we ate breakfast and coloured a picture .I have to drop her off at 10.00 a.m as they are going to the show .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Grrrrr

Good News they will be coming to start the work on the basement on Tuesday

Bad News all of the work will be done on outside, none on the inside so our basement was ripped apart for no reason

Now I am torn, I had my weekend planned but now all I want to do is put my basement back together. We will have to see.

Also looks like I am working this weekend, my boss will do the majority of it but I will need to be on call to spot check things went well.

Lots and Lots to get done. But before I worry about any of that a good nights sleep is needed.
    Its better if they do it from the outside, otherwise it may leak again. Just think of it as a very early spring cleaning

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Slow start to the morning. I keep doing this to myself, I woke up at 4:30 but was like it is Sunday, I am not getting up at 4:30. I went back to bed and ended up sleeping until almost 8 am. Whenever I sleep in that late I wake up lacking ambition. Most people I know sleep in on Sunday, not me it throws me off.

I have a few kitchen things to get done today for the upcoming week.

Tonight for dinner I am going to make Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Stew and homemade potato buns on the side.

I have so much to get done around the house, the projects are piling up but I think I will get done what I can this morning and chill this afternoon.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am happy we got the cleaning done, just not happy they ripped out our drywall now for no reason.

We have decided we will put the basement back together but we will not have the drywall replaced until next year as we need to make sure we make it through the spring thaw without flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Its better if they do it from the outside, otherwise it may leak again. Just think of it as a very early spring cleaning

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was annoyed at Rexall yesterday. I went to redeem my 5,000 points on anything purchase. Noticed a lot of the pump products in skincare where up (like someone used them). Found a made in Canada hand soap and went to pay for it. It was priced at $6.99 on the shelf but rang up as $7.49 I had hoped they had the accurate pricing guarantee (in which I would get the item for free, due to their error). No, they said they don't do that. As for the pumps being up in skincare isle - some excuse that stock people weren't paying attention? I said it looks like someone has tried the products. Anyways, just confirms why I like Shoppers and Fortinos - price error - product is free.

The cashier also had her mask down revealing her nose, which I found annoying, and told her to cover herself. I have lost track of how many people (mostly older) that leave their nose exposed but mouth covered. Grrrr. I noticed that employees don't say anything.

Sunny today and hopefully no rain. So glad that I had my basement waterproofed years ago, otherwise this year would have been a problem. I do run the dehumidifier everyday to keep the overall humidity down in the basement.

Love the ease of returning items to Giant Tiger with a receipt and no time limit. I always spend money in their stores, so when I do a return, I always cover the amount with new purchases. I love their $1.68 banana bundle, their oranges always go on sale and its easier getting in and out than at Walmart. I do need my juice (which has been discontinued everywhere except Walmart). May go during the week as the weekends are crazy.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information