User Tag List

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Curious, was it the small or large jar of smuckers ? I was going to pm at Frescho and then forgot to look it up on
    It’s 310-500ml jars.
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Up and out this morning to do our grocery shopping. Originally I wanted to do it on the way home last night but I was too tired. I know it has been a few weeks since the clock changed but I am still adjusting to how early it gets dark. My body sees dark and thinks bedtime LOL.

I went to Freshco first and got:
    3 x Ground Chicken $2.88
    1 x Salted Butter $3.88
    2 x Unsalted Butter $3.88
    2 x Raspberries $1.67 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Cauliflower $1.88 (PM Food Basics)

No Frills
    1 x Clementine $3.77
    2 x Extra Lean Ground Beef $3.85/lb
    1 x Spaghetti Squash $0.81/lb
    1 x Acorn Squash $0.81/lb
    1 x Butternut Squash $0.81'lb
    2 x Harvest Crunch $1.91
    1 x Red Peppers 4-pack $2.68
    2 x Blueberries $1.81
    1 x Apple 4lbs $3.67
    2 x Mangos $0.91
    1 x Cherry Tomatoes 681 g $4.97
    3 x Earl Grey Tea $4.67
    4 x Jiff Peanut Butter $3.88 - $1 Coupon on each jar
    1 x Hot Apple Cider $1.87
    4 x Raspberry Jam $2.67
    2 x Peach Jam $2.67
    1 x Ivory Body Wash $2.79 (Wanted 4 but they only had 1 in stock)
    1 x Garlic 3-pack $0.60
    2 x Salted Butter $3.88 (PM Freshco)
    2 x Unsalted Butter $3.88 (PM Freshco)
    2 x Eggs $1.97
    3 x Whole Wheat Tortillas $1.50
    2 x White Tortillas $1.50
    1 x Bananas

It was a good stock shop and most prices could not be beat. I am happy with my shop now it is deal with it all. My pantry still is not rebuilt, grrrr, I know it is on me I have not gotten it done. I need more hours in the day LOL but will hopefully get to the pantry this weekend.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Nov 20th, 2021 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Opps, forgot a few things
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. Well I'm happy to report that the vegan chick pea curry turned out really well for DD and partner's arrival yesterday. I have never made a curry so it pleased me to see them return to the pot for have more curry. The Chicken curry for DH and I tasted really good but didn't look like the familar yellow curry. We needed to add yogurt but to be honest, I liked the taste.
    Just waiting for the crew to wake up. We always stay up super late chatting the first night they arrive.
    My parents are coming for lunch tomorrow and DD is going to make a nice soup in the instant pot and I'm going to make some french bread in the breadmaker .
    Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Based on Sassy’s list in think a drive to no frill is in order. I was just about to start looking at the flyers so I will start there. And a trip to metro as I cannot pass up the cheap flour. Then the plan is maybe the outside Christmas lights go up.
    happy Saturday everyone.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Our grown kids wanted us to go to the aquarium in toronto with the grandkids today ,but i dont feel comfortable being in my mask for that long with 3 small grandkids ,crying or screaming(who know how they will act) on a conveyer belt .We did go back when sebastian was 1 and a half and plus i find it very expensive with getting the car battery and muffler this month on top of xmas shopping our visa bill will be high.

So went to pharmasave around corner from me -they are taking donations of health and beauty items etc ,so i may donate a few items going to a shelter i think.

Then i decided to treat hubby and i to five guys ,well when i got home the fries were too crisp overcooked and for the price you pay .I only had a few the rest were a bit browned and hard .So i called and spoke to the assistant manager ,she took my name next time they will give me a large fry and 2 milk shakes she said (i didnt even order drinks ,so good customer service and i told her so.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

To my surprise this morning when I was checking out at No Frills Mom texted, I had texted her going shopping. I called her on my way home so she was up and could help me with the groceries.

Well I brought the groceries in she started putting them away.

After we got the fridge stuff put away she started cutting up the roast I picked up last weekend, it was cryovaced so it was still good. We got 8 bags of strips and 4 bags of chunks so for $27 we have meat for 12 meals.

I cooked up 2 of the packages of Ground Chicken, once cooled I packaged in 3 freezer bags plus I have another baggie in the fridge to use tomorrow. When we use the Ground Chicken in the Slow Cooker you have to pre cook it so I usually go ahead and this when I buy it, cut out a step later.

Cooked up 1 of the 2 packages of Ground Beef I bought and turned it into Taco Meat. We used some for lunch ad I got 5 bags for the freezer. Love having cooked Taco meat on hand, can turn it into a quick meal when needed. For $9.47 we got 6 meals.

Used some of the Taco Meat with some Mushrooms and Peppers from the fridge to make Quesadillas for lunch.

Well I sucker sealed all of the meat, Mom did the dishes so the kitchen is clean.

Time to figure out dinner.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy .. love your grocery lists, and your meal prep. !!! love love love.

ok... busy couple of days...
    my kids said it was alrught if i bought them 1 gift, and gcs.. so i did.. each has 1 large gift, and the total will be filled in with gc to bring it up to the amount budgetted for each. .. and i will do a stocking...
    i waitied for rcss to have the spend 100 get 25 000 pc points, on kids toys, Middle childs gifts, oldest gift, and i went to shoppers and snagged youngest gift. and a 75.00 gc

i did very very well on pc points..
    adding in that i bought several pc items ... i have insiders...
    43 300
    50 000
    39 300
    50 600
    total points... 183 200 . plus a 75.00 gc to shoppers.

4.00 co 51, .75 ecipsa. and .20 on caddle.

groceries , done all but 1 thing for a dc child done.
    i am happy.

ok.. off to clean a kitchen , and do laundry. movie tonight with hubby... and laundry...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Making a homemade pasta sauce now and that will be dinner I am starving! I had 2 eggs and toast for breakfast and didn't eat dinner last night so it is catching up on me now. It will be worth waiting for dinner!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Relaxing day today,getting things ready for my surgery wednesday,,,so stressed....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Picked up a few groceries today-OOP was only $12.75 after cashing in $20 worth of PC points. I definitely noticed some shortages (due to the BC road closures) at No Frills-my Mum's favourite cookies and DH's favourite yogurt were not in stock-they won't starve though. Safeway seemed better stocked when I popped in there for potatoes on sale.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just realized that altrought I am planning well with life project and appointments I need more planning on grocery and meals planning and cleaning,but i have no time for cleaning so that will have to wait until Christmas hollidays.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

covid cases are 819 today in qc....before halloween in fall they where 250 wow..not sure if we will have christmas gathering this year..that is scary to see the numbers increased...my dad have to wait for his 3 shot of vaccine...because the waiting time after the 2 shot is 6 moths,,he had the second shot this summer.For me I continue to wears mask,change it often and wash my hands often..

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I forgot to mention when I was shopping today the Cashiers mentioned that there is going to be a Rice Krispie shortage this Christmas. A piece of equipment needed to make Rice Krispies caught fire and will not be back up and functional until early 2022. They said if you use Rice Krispies for your Christmas Baking and see a box grab it as many stores are already sold out.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Confession time, I am having such a hard time getting into the Christmas Spirit this year.

I normally do homemade gifts and normally have a theme and by now would have lists upon lists of what I need to buy, what I need to make, what I can make when. This year I am at square 1. I keep going online hoping if I start looking things up it will come to me but nope, I am still lost, I have no plans, no plans for gifts, no plans for dessert, no plans for the nibble trays, nothing.

One year I did Butters (which actually had no butter in them), another year was mixes, last year was snacks and treats for lockdown. This year I am lost.

Question: Does anyone here use Becel Plant Based? If so, have you tried freezing it?

A family member has become vegan so I thinking of picking some of this up so I can use this for some of the baking so they can eat it. It is on sale this week but I do not have the fridge space to keep it in the fridge until I start baking.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-good luck with the surgery

sassy -thanks for the tip about rice krispies cereal it and cherrios are the only cereal hubby and i eat some days .

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information