User Tag List

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

November 23-Netflix Family will stream Waffle's + Mochi's Holiday Feast special. If you have not yet enjoyed the series of Waffles+Mochi, this is your chance to get caught up before the special.

I did not get Metro, Rexall, Frescho, or No Frills flyers in today's weekly paper bundle. I did post current pyjama sets/pj pants offers in Deals under Pyjama sets thread. Will work on the Advent Calendar sets thread in Deals a little later. Just a few obvious sets are posted. Feel free to add finds you want SCers to know about!
    barbis9, crafter and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil-i seen pj's at "brands gone wild" in a local flyer for bottoms only $8.97.Cheapest i have seen in months as i dont want cuffs or flannel .May check that out next week if i go to talize,we will see.

I just wheeled out 5 bags of leaves on my dolly wow and there is still some on the lawn ,still falling from the trees our deadline is dec 6 after that we cant put leaves out only take to the dump if we wish til feb i think .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Nov 18th, 2021 at 04:31 PM.
    Skippy, barbis9, crafter and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS popped the roast in the oven when he got home from school. I made veggies and gravy and fries for him to go with.

Bought BLSL chicken breast and shirmp at RCSS that is on sale. Will do a freezer clean up and see what we have to use up. I know I have a bag of shrimp I SCOP"d to use up 1st. Maybe DS will be up for a shrimp pasta instead of Chinese tomorrow night
    Skippy, ROMEO, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    NF - $2.67 Smucker’s jam - $1 coupon. Cheapest I’ve found the jam in months.
    Curious, was it the small or large jar of smuckers ? I was going to pm at Frescho and then forgot to look it up on
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Already in my pyj,dinner is ceasar salad and lasagna,have a good evening and night
    Skippy, ROMEO, Angela273 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hello everyone. Well today ended up being much busier than expected. I left the house just before 9 for SDM and came home after noon after running errands. I crammed 3 days worth of errands into a morning.
    I dropped by Independent for a few items and my "free large PC greek yogurt". To my dismay, the PC free adjustment didn't go through on my bill. The supervisor was close by and said that they couldn't do anything which was odd. Anyways, we tried again tapping another pc card I have and NOPE nothing. It was disappointing but we don't normally use Greek Yogurt so I didn't bother pursing and went off to my next adventure. Christmas shopping done for my daughter out west and now we need to wrap and box up the gifts (prepaid boxes are great).
    I did a pile of price matching at Frescho off of No Frills prices. It's so easy to price match there, not like the old days when NO Frills used to call out a supervisor and the line full of customers would be giving me the evil eye.
    I finally ended up at a jeweller, I was getting a ring resized that my Dad gave me. I then scanned for a long time for Neilsen homescan..submitted rebates etc and the afternoon was almost over.
    Have a wonderful evening and hope you got your shopping done today. The Christmas crowds seem to have started.
    Skippy, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @Angela273 Those windspeeds...do schools cancel in-person classes in such conditions?

Grey and drizzling day here too. Certainly a day for hot cocoa and warm food and throws!

Happy to see the Moneysaver bagged with a coupon booklet in today's mail. Offers are posted in the Coupon subforum. A fistful of ads (will post pyjama offers in Deals soon) accompanied the Moneysaver and RBC's flyer for MyDoh app with $10 code offer (did not check how much app costs after 30day trial-this app is aimed at children). Wonder if Play Doh entity has any concerns with RBC's app name?

Morning show indicated emergency alert on Ontario phones would be tested at 12:55pm ET. Alberta apparently had the same test at 1:55pm local time. How many SCers knew about the tests today? I'm glad I was not at the library for the tests-they can occur over several minutes depending on whose phones sound off (not all at same time, depending on model/age of phones).

One person I follow on Twitter posted that some tv series reviewers were not impressed with the live-action Cowboy Bebop series on Netflix. I still intend to watch it. Found a Youtube video with composer Yoko Kanno talking about how she came up with show music (she only used a little of the music from original anime and adapted her tunes to what show wanted from each scene. Bonus bit for YK fans-she got the Seatbelts to work with her again! Expect some snazzy jazz!

I saw the teaser trailer for Ozark season 4. I'm confused. Thought the series was done awhile ago. Guess my sibling will be watching again.
    Thanks for posting - I wasn't aware there was another season of Ozark
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Nov 18th, 2021 at 10:12 PM.
    ROMEO, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Ceil-i seen pj's at "brands gone wild" in a local flyer for bottoms only $8.97.Cheapest i have seen in months as i dont want cuffs or flannel .May check that out next week if i go to talize,we will see.

I just wheeled out 5 bags of leaves on my dolly wow and there is still some on the lawn ,still falling from the trees our deadline is dec 6 after that we cant put leaves out only take to the dump if we wish til feb i think .
    Do you have any flower or vegetable gardens? I rake my leaves into my gardens and get beautiful plants as leaves are great natural fertilizers. I used to bag my leaves but now just bag up broken branches and twigs.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Nov 18th, 2021 at 10:24 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Up and out this morning as I have to cover a manager today. On that note, I am not longer doing Fridays.

I get here and I do not have keys as there is another key holder that is in at the same time but they are not here. At first no problem sat in my car looked at a my grocery list but as more time went on started to worry. About half an hour later another key holder showed up and let us in. As we were walking in my phone started ringing, not a good sign. It was the manager, there are 2 people in this office but the other person has called in sick so I am alone today. The office part I can handle but the issue is I come to work the office so the other person can be on the floor so now I do not have a floor person. My backup floor person is helping another location and not here so on to plan C. Have I mentioned this was all before 7 am????

For those people who say the more you drive in winter weather, the less it will bother you, nope. I have decided I am getting too old for this and should now just hibernate come winter. I had on and off snow the most of the way down. I am sure last year did not help since we were in lockdown I wasn't allowed in branches so I did get to hibernate and not drive in this weather. But yes, driving in snowy conditions 100% set off my anxiety.

But I am sitting here I have a smile on my face, laughing to myself and sorting paperwork.

My plans to grocery shop my way home may not happen now as I may not functioning by the end of the day but that is okay, I will come up with plan B which would be going tomorrow.

With all of this being said, I am asking for next Friday off and I think my plan will be to sit on the couch and ignore the world LOL.

But honestly, it is what it is, going to roll with the punches, and surprisingly I am still in a good mood, I know I got this we will get through.

Happy Friday.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Nov 19th, 2021 at 07:42 AM.
    barbis9, walkonby, crafter and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Barbis-hi i do have a flower garden out front and i have put a bunch of leaves on it ,but alas i share our front yard with neighbours that are 78 and 80 that are trying to get every leaf up into their leaf blower .So i do my part ,just like when we cut the lawn all summer we do their side as a favour to them as they are a bit older ,she gave me 4 jars of homemade jam which was nice.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Dropped DS off at school for 1030 and just enjoying my coffee now while I paid some bills.

Jumping in the shower soon as my bestie is picking me up and we are going to lunch

DS wants the shimp pasta for dinner so I will make that at dinner time and clean out the freezer at while doing so and plan the meals from that stuff (freezer in kitchen) I know we have steak and ground beef in there. I will grill a few chicken breasts for tomorrow night dinner so it is ready (wraps or salad with chicken etc)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am still on a mission for pj bottoms for me (just the bottoms ) winners had a pair but too clingy ,walmart had some but with cuffs on the pants ,they did have george 2 piece sets for 12.00 or 14.00 i think but way too fuzzy and hot for me.

I will keep looking if only joe fresh would replenish their sizes i would order from them but they are all sold out i will look next time i am in fortinos at their clothing section for sure.

First world problems -lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Tgif!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I am still on a mission for pj bottoms for me (just the bottoms ) winners had a pair but too clingy ,walmart had some but with cuffs on the pants ,they did have george 2 piece sets for 12.00 or 14.00 i think but way too fuzzy and hot for me.

I will keep looking if only joe fresh would replenish their sizes i would order from them but they are all sold out i will look next time i am in fortinos at their clothing section for sure.

First world problems -lol
    Reminder to check Joe Fresh online..especially for Cyber Monday. I've had no probs returning items to the store if they don't fit (exception tho are final sale items). Good luck on your pj hunt!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The teacher gave me a large frozen bag of goose breast meat but unfortunately it is not ground…so I’ll have to figure out how to cook it…recipes. It looks v6 like large chunks of dark meat.
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information