User Tag List

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Hubs and I just watched a really good movie called Falling for Figaro-if you get a chance I highly recommend it.
    where did you see this movie?
    Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lilo-i love the triangle personal offers lately ,during the summer i was able to get spend $80 get $20 in points and when i bought my dehumidifier also.So hubby and i are up to $120 in canadian tire money .Plus when i bought hubby,s jeans and his shirt at marksworkwarehouse i got $20.00 in points too.

So i will save that $120 til i wish to use it .

Morning started a new puzzle "kelloggs cereal puzzle "i paid $4.00 at dollarama for it .
    Watch the Canadian Tire flyers - it seems on Fridays they have 30X points/40 x with credit card when you spend $150 or more. I was told it can be a combination of anything in store. That along with your offers as you can stack them I was told. I activate them on the app every week.
    crafter, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I really wanted pizza tonight but was good and came home and am making chicken and fries- in the air fryer
    Purdee, Angela273, crafter and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I really wanted pizza tonight but was good and came home and am making chicken and fries- in the air fryer
    I'm there with you! We're having chicken in the air fryer and salad. Enjoy! (we had onion rings for lunch alas the salad)
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Watch the Canadian Tire flyers - it seems on Fridays they have 30X points/40 x with credit card when you spend $150 or more. I was told it can be a combination of anything in store. That along with your offers as you can stack them I was told. I activate them on the app every week.
    It was superbusy in there today. That must've been why
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Barbis -i dont own a canadian tire credit card ,but i am still happy with the triangle offers that i activate each week.

We watched the girls at my son/daughter-in-law today ,they put their xmas tree up on sunday .The girls are soo happy ,just the joy in their eyes .Ashlyn asked me to look for more small xmas porcelain houses in my used stores i told her i will.lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

at home-my DH has a way of downloading online

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Monday was a laundry day. Then I looked outside at the sun shining and thought I can handle a bit of raking. 1 hour later, I filled the last two yard bags as powder snow fell. Then went inside, did some hand laundry and cued up the Red Notice film on Netflix that is being panned. OK, not a very good plot but upsides: wonderful golden lighting in most scenes, interesting camera (smartphone?) angles following the actors and action moves, perfect (in most locales) views of the countries or cities our cast find themselves in (not to mention rather effortless moves between places, so suspend the reality) that seem like vacation promotions, very good props (some trades and creatives spent a lot of time and energy!), and a random insertion of a Beastie Boys song. I did think the prison (building) exterior introducing the Russia part of movie looked an awful lot like the complex exterior used in the Black Widow movie. Did anyone else notice that too?

Bro grilled burgers for supper for everyone (for a change, that was appreciated). Mom did go shopping but took 4 hours (she did not go to Toronto-I asked). The Costco card must have been used up. One particular bag listed on the second grocery list was misread for a super large size bag that I cannot use--Mom said to return it and I replied that Dollarama does not do returns/exchanges. I was told there is no tri-colour quinoa at Costco but at the very least, there should have been a 1kg bag or so of regular quinoa because someone with a Costco card had purchased a big bag of quinoa over two years ago. Mom did not get any quinoa but got bags of dried fruits and nuts. Trying not to cry, but what happened inside Costco? She did not even get any Mortimer meat pies. Instead she got a St Hubert chicken pot pie from Fortinos (guess she did not remember that Giant Tiger has them on sale for $4.97...). If any of the nut products seem off, I plan to slip them to the squirrels outside.

Had a nap during the supper hour (body felt sluggish) and got up again after 10pm. Another small meal (without tea) because I seem hungry usually after getting up. Found a photo of newest relative online and she's not blond like I had guessed. She's a brunette.

I need to see if I can manage to make scalloped potatoes at least once this week. Will consult recipe book as potatoes and milk are available to me (plus spices...).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I keep telling myself tomorrow will be better but it is still a struggle. Still have this headache and the last two days I have been super tired but wondering if part of this is the meds.

I went into a branch yesterday, I was supposed to be there 2 hours tops turned into 6 hours. Dropped my car off to go in for service, hoping it is back by the end of the week. I had also planned to pick up the insulation and bring it home but that did not happen so hopefully today, I need to get this done.

Since I was in the branch so long I did not get my own work done so I ended up working late last night trying to get caught up. I finally gave up around 7:30 and went to bed because I was exhausted.

Mom made the Shepherd's Pie, no mushroom gravy but I did not have to cook.

No ideas on Dinner tonight yet.

Have a great day everyone.
    Skippy, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! It was frosty outside today but still beautiful. I stopped by a local conservation area yesterday and it truly is beautiful in the fall. We are blessed to have such vibrant colours in Ontario.

I stocked up on some baking supplies yesterday: chocolate chips, yeast, bran and molasses. I was searching high and low for Quaker bran but no luck, it's apparently discontinued. I just don't like the Rogers bran as much. I think I'll try storing it in a paper bag, I find it gets almost damp in the plastic bag when close to BB date.

Today's plan is simple, laundry (I love the anytime use hydro plan), baking lemon loaf (the lemon that I bought to get to 95 am at Metro lol) and we have to drop the car off for front brakes and a broken thingamahoobie.

I will browse the flyers posted and try to do some pre planning for DD and partners visit. I stocked up on some vegan items yesterday, I was surprised that Independent, didn't offer many meatless choices. In the deli section, they only had Yves (which our DD won't eat) and LifeLight products. They do enjoy a BBQ'd fake hotdog when they come but they normallly eat soups and salads. I'm going to try to surprised them with a vegan curry with coconut milk. Fingers crossed.

Have a wonderful day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Not frugal exactly, but necessary work ( a redo ) in the shower stall downstairs. DH is removing the walls, replacing with ceramic tiles, floor will also be new. Could no longer tolerate the dirty look on those walls every few days and the material on the base of the floor...ugh, no matter how we cleaned it, it always looked dirty.
    We're keeping the 2 glass panels and the glass door from the triangular kit though, gotta save somewhere.
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Not frugal exactly, but necessary work ( a redo ) in the shower stall downstairs. DH is removing the walls, replacing with ceramic tiles, floor will also be new. Could no longer tolerate the dirty look on those walls every few days and the material on the base of the floor...ugh, no matter how we cleaned it, it always looked dirty.
    We're keeping the 2 glass panels and the glass door from the triangular kit though, gotta save somewhere.
    Envious! What a nice reno. Post pics when it's done!
    Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I'm there with you! We're having chicken in the air fryer and salad. Enjoy! (we had onion rings for lunch alas the salad)
    I had salad for lunch It all balances out
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I had salad for lunch It all balances out
    Lol love your perspective. Have a wonderful day!
    Ciel21 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We woke up to a winter wonderland! .

Driveway shoveled. My work out for today. It was heavy snow!!

Have homemade mac and cheese I just popped in the oven. I will have some for lunch today

It's snowing pretty heavily now. More snow shoveling later today! Work off that mac and cheese.

Have a great day everyone!

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information