User Tag List

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Man lilo you are right-Costco was busy. I guess people are trying to get their Xmas shopping done. Of course we got gas at 13 cents per litre less than anywhere else. I also got Mr Potato Head at Costco for the little guys I watch-still a favourite after all these years.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I also got Mr Potato Head at Costco for the little guys I watch-still a favourite after all these years.
    How nice to see a toy that still caters to a child's imagination, instead of just watching the product of someone else's imagination.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another beautiful day out!

Treated myself today and had my nails done. Now it makes me want to keep the lotion on them and keep them all nice pretty .

Last load is in the washer. Will dry and fold it later and I am ok putting it all away tomorrow if I don't finish it today.

Kitchen is clean. Leftovers for dinner/fend for yourself. Tomorrow I will make a homemade mac and cheese while working

DS has a hockey game tonight so he will have a little down time after work before we have to leave.

I need DS to hang up all the golf clubs and fishing rods up high in the garage. Once all those items are out of the way it will be easy to put the rest away and I can park in there before the first snow fall.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's beautiful here today. We just came back from a nice walk on the trail.

I started my extra long morning with a walk, a bit of meditation and a short yoga session. Oh my goodness, I can't believe how out of shape I've become stretch and flexibility wise. When I got down to do some stretches on the mat, I essentially had to fall on the mat and I felt more or less like a beached whale. Oh well, the good thing was that only the dog saw my yoga fail army move. I'm definitely on a mission going forward, to slowly ... very slowly work on yoga.

I then had great plans to do cleaning and laundry yet made this mistake of watching "1" episode of Why Women Kill on Prime... several episodes later, I had finished the series. Oh well laundry can wait till tomorrow

Well time to get ready for a zoom with some University friends and then onto dinner. I'll go shopping to a butcher to get some "good beef" for stews and fajitas. Have a nice evening!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi all -well we drove to toronto yesterday a hour and a half drive ,so many closures to get around .We took sebastain to the park 10 minutes away with daughter last night and i only had a hoodie ,i was cold for sure.

Then daughter made her homemade margerita pizza for us for supper ,i coloured and did puzzles with sebastian ,we havent seen them in a month .She gave us his halloween candy to bring home (like i need it but hey i sure wouldnt toss it)as he only likes plain areo bars. I also helped daughter by doing her 3 loads of laundry .Then came home today at 3.00 p.m i am so tired i slept in sebastians hard as a rock bed ,that squeeked when i moved .ugggg

Then an other almost 2 hour drive home as there was an accident on the highway ,(on the other side)anyway nice seeing my daughter and grandson thats for sure.Just the drive is not that enjoyable .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Nov 7th, 2021 at 07:38 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Laundry is done just need to put it away will do that before bed.

Mom made her Copycat Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, this batch came out a little bit spicy so next time we will tweak it a little. After smelling it simmering on the stove for hours decided on BBQ Chicken Breast with Homemade Air Fryer Fries for dinner. I was going to make a veggie but forgot to bring one up and got distracted folding laundry and forgot to make one.

I have been going over my grocery list trying to determine my best plan of action to get it all done. It is becoming harder and harder to price match these days as our local stores keep changing who they will price match.

Working on a plan to get things done around the house around my work schedule. I was in a good rhythm until I fell and now it is a bit hard getting back into my rhythm. There are still a few things I would like to get done before the weather turns.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well this morning we have a young man visiting for a few days. He is the 21 year old brother of DD's boyfriend and lovely to have. He is enroute to Whistler from Ont and will be skiing and working out there for the winter. He is thrilled to be on this adventure, heading to the mountains etc-oh to be young again!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Hubs and I have a date morning today-doing a Costco run-lol. DD boyfriends brother will be staying here overnight-he has been driving from Ont to Whistler where he will work and ski for the winter. As I recall 21 year old guys have good appetites-can't imagine he got much fruit and veggies with driving long days-but at least he has had good weather-and then to get through the mountains!
    This reminds me of the joke that the most expensive vehicle to maintain is the Costco cart.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hung a load out today ,hey if i can save a bit why not .
    Hubby took car in needed a new muffler ahhhh last month was the dentist that hiked my visa up this month the car (we only have one car here ,we share .)ce la vie.

Off to pick up the girls after school today havent seen them in 8 days -lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Puttered in the garage for a bit and organized some things. Loaded donation items in vehicle and dropped them off. Brought DS's empties back and added the $5 to my fun money collection

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been eating ginger chews like they are some kind of substitute for milk chocolate or something sweet over the past day. Major carb vacuum effect in progress. Already had my mug of milky sweet tea after hot cereal this morning.

Discovered that the next baby in the family has been officially announced on Instagram yesterday (due to arrive in March). The gift I prepared in April can now go out to the couple.

Today's the last day for the McDonald's Monopoly game (to get any game pieces in orders). Food/drink prizes need to be claimed before the end of the month.

Need to do a walk and take care of two errands. Hope I don't blow away! Ms. Sunshine is present and beaming.
    barbis9, cath007, crafter and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing everyone a awesome week
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today got up early and went by to my parents for a visit. I planned to stop by a butchers on the way home to pick up some samosas and assorted meat for the week. To my disappointment, they're closed on Mondays. So I decided to head over to Independent Grocers to get my free bottle of maple syrup offer. I'm starting to like and understand how to shop at Independent (Loblaws) for deals. I'm so appreciative of getting free items to entice me to return... and hey, the fact that they have a Wine Rack next door doesn't hurt.

DH and I went for a nice walk this afternoon (I'm feeling it ...but it's a good pain) Cleaning wise, I partially cleaned the bathrooms and washed the laundry room floor. I'm trying something new with cleaning.. I'll refer to it as "MICRO Cleaning". I'm trying to set a few small cleaning jobs in my agenda each day..nothing big, nothing to break a sweat..just a bit. I figure in time, the house should theoretically, get cleaner...well that's my hope anyways.

Have a wonderful evening

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    DH and I went for a nice walk this afternoon (I'm feeling it ...but it's a good pain) Cleaning wise, I partially cleaned the bathrooms and washed the laundry room floor. I'm trying something new with cleaning.. I'll refer to it as "MICRO Cleaning". I'm trying to set a few small cleaning jobs in my agenda each day..nothing big, nothing to break a sweat..just a bit. I figure in time, the house should theoretically, get cleaner...well that's my hope anyways.
    @crafter Such a coincidence that your method of completing a small task of cleaning each day was embraced by me this morning. Well since my mind was racing ( could NOT sleep ) somewhere between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. I decided the kitchen needed a major de-cluttering.

Like you, I set myself a small area to tackle, but..... sadly I did break a sweat. I found taking frequent breaks helped and self talk was a must to keep me focused and motivated.
    In the end I discovered that completing one area led to another until you can now actually SEE most of the counter areas in the kitchen. It was time.

DH's habit of dropping things ( containers of dental floss, small screwdrivers??, bags of Fisherman's Friend lozenges, his Ibuprofen! ) into empty mugs that I have on a lazy Susan is over!
    All of his " stuff " is in another location now.
    Of course I am perfect so there was nothing of mine in the the kitchen.....cough, cough....I lie.
    The main thing is now they've all been banished!

I get inspired to cook when things are newly clean, so decided I was going to make up the adorbs individual Steak and Mushroom meat pies that we will have on Christmas Eve. Freeze up good and solid my little Puff Pastry creations!

Good on you crafter for getting a new perspective on cleaning.....eventually all areas of the home will get better.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Nov 8th, 2021 at 07:23 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crafter-i have that mentality too ,at my age 62 ,just do a few chores or micro cleaning as you call it .Today i did 2 loads of laundry one i dried on the line .

I also did a load of towels for my dear daughter-in-law before she came home at 5.30 p.m .The granddaughter's were so excited to see us,so we played outside with them after i got them a snack after school .

Decided to treat ourselves to A&W on the way home from son's as i got coupons in the mail today .

Oh and i was tired this afternoon at 3.00 p.m at my son's so went up and feel asleep in ashlyn's double comfy bed for a half hour nap before the girls got off the bus at 3.45.p.m.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Nov 8th, 2021 at 07:29 PM.
    barbis9, walkonby, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information