User Tag List

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Ciel21 if you want to know how to get rid of those stains and stuff I highly recommend checking out Go Clean Co on instagram. She is a great cleaner and has gone viral during the pandemic because of her cleaning.

ETA : I’d recommend Bar Keepers Friend for the bathroom sink stains. You actually don’t need much but you do need some elbow grease and makes sure you rinse it. It’s also perfect for stainless steel sinks, and fibreglass tubs/ showers
    Last edited by harbie; Fri, Jul 29th, 2022 at 11:29 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It was a scorcher today again…. And HUMID! I actually thought I was going to have to call it an early day for the first time ever. I felt awful but got the job done and now its the start of the long weekend.

I caved at we got A&W beyond burgers for dinner since I was shot and was in no place to make dinner. I think I’m going to water my garden tonight instead of tomorrow morning if it cools down enough.

Going to have to walk up to IGA to get some coffee filters since we’re out and I’m not driving to RCSS just for that ( haven’t finished my grocery list for the week yet).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I gave 69L storage bins that hold different sizes of kids clothes for our kids to grow into. I buy nearly all of the clothes for our entire family second hand, except for socks/underwear. When the kids grow and try on the next size of clothes, then I can double check what items they might need more of, because we all know that not all sizes fit the same.

I’m continuing to shop deals and look for clearance items at our grocery stores. No stores in my community use Flashfood. I’ve been doing a few coupon trades recently. Our medium sized chest freezer is well stocked. I’ll be picking up things on 10% Tuesday…it will likely be the last time I can do that until January…I’ll be at my small rental house on Tuesdays. Dh will be able to pick up a few needed groceries during the week, but I’ll be home to do regular grocery shopping on the weekends.

I’m still waiting for the school division and a few teachers to send me promised resources. I’m behind on my curricular planning for the fall. Some of it becomes a chicken and the egg scenario. If I tackle stuff for the subject areas that I’ve been promised support in, then I might be doing extra work that is unnecessary. Whereas if the promised resources never arrive or aren’t as good as promised, then I may end up scrambling to get stuff done in a timely manner.

I saw my GP for a followup appointment regarding the 200 itchy spots. I accidentally scratched a really itchy one on my leg until it bruised around it. I showed the doctor, which I think helped him take it more seriously. The itchy spots have continued to spread for two weeks already. He prescribed a very different medication that is supposed to show improvement before Tuesday. Some of the earlier spots are healing and becoming less itchy.

It certainly isn’t the summer I had been hoping for.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Didn’t make it to get coffee filters last night. I was just too tired and honestly when I checked the time they closed it was too late so no coffee for me. Actually I’ll be heading up to IGA for the 8am opening and I’ll get them. I need it to function and watch my Saturday morning cartoons. Yes I watch cartoons, actually it’s more that it’s playing in the background but it relaxes me.

I have to seriously get my shopping list done and hopefully purchased tonight.

Garden got watered this morning instead, more heartbreaker tomatoes picked, indoor plants watered, bed stripped and started the bedding wash.

Dad just texted and wants to go for a walk before it gets hot so off we go………

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Grrr and double grrr...what a bad morning we had...my father said his car have a big problem to muffler and something else...he called several garages and no place since it is hollidays and contruction hollidays for 1 and a half week,....wow and it will be super expensives,he dont need that.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m sorry to hear about your dads car @cath007 . Hopefully it’s not as bad as you think and most importantly not as expensive. We have a huge problem here with catalytic converters being stolen right in peoples driveway’s and they are expensive to replace. Luckily we don’t have one ( had ours removed a few years ago due to the diesel gate scandal) but frustrating for those involved.

Just had my morning coffee and I feel great! I don’t really drink it often but when I need it I REALLY need it.

Got the AC going on low, folding laundry and I have to get to the liquor store to surprise Dh for when he gets home. He had to go into work for a bit (short staffed like everyone) so it will be a nice surprise.

Dh and I are going to completely reorganize the pantry this weekend (at his suggestion) so I’m going to try to figure out a layout and possibly hitting up dollarama for some storage items. Shows my age when I get excited about staying home on a long weekend and organizing the pantry .. I’d better get moving while the caffeine is giving me the energy.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , hopefully the issue is not too expensive and can be fixed quickly.

I knew about the construction holiday in Quebec but did not realize it involved other industries as well.

Although I found in construction it is hit and miss on who takes the holiday, we have suppliers in Quebec, some close some don't.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This morning has been everything breakfast.

I cooked off one of the packages of bacon I bought for breakfasts or dinners this week.

Made a batch of Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and a batch of Berry Sauce for my breakfasts this week. I break up the pancakes, top with berry sauce and a little powdered sugar, pop it in microwave, yum. Used up one of my lemons that needs to be used plus some of the open ricotta.

Made another batch of waffles for the freezer, the last two did not make it to the freezer.

I am trying to use up some of our older eggs, I was hoping to get some baking down but the house is starting to feel a little warm so baking might not be the best idea. So far I have used 4 eggs, still a few more to go.

Next we move on to lunch and veggie prep for the week. Thinking some fajita inspired chicken dish I can have over rice or romaine but we will see. I have a lot of stuff I want to make so we shall see how far I get.

Happy Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Double Post
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was going to stop at No Frills on my way home from paddling but decided to come home and dig through the freezer. It’s currently mess because the fridge freezer is waiting for a part. I found dinner for the next three days and took note of some stuff we need. DH and I leave for Nova Scotia in 2 weeks and the kids fly out later to meet us so there is not a lot of family meals in our future. I am pretty sure the younger child will live off Uber eats while we are away and the older one is already planning his meals.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was looking at the local Facebook page for the Hamilton Mission Thrift store and am disappointed I hadn't looked earlier in the week. Last Day of 12DaysofChristmasinJUly-today's special is 75% off Christmas items. Yesterday was 50% off clothing day (missed chance to look for tops).

Feeling too sticky to walk until evening for needed items at stores. Have had laundry washing during the day and hung outside, swept the cut grass (Bro's job last night) off of walkways and other surfaces and gave a shrub its second summer trim. Managed to work my way through 3 episodes of the third season of The Orville (kind of amusing-May the Force Be With You was used in one speech!) on Disney+.
    Meals-whatever I can find, like salami slices on rye bread, cherries, bananas. No cooking! I have some leftover rice from yesterday-it'll be part of dinner.

Hamiltonians have Festival of Friends at Gage Park-sure to be a boon for vendors in the east end and keep buses busy this weekend. Ancaster has a rib fest but aside from one ad online the daily paper's site, no advertising. Fairgrounds posted a late notice after 7pm last night on its own Facebook page.

I intend to donate those men's slides (Bro won't wear them) and one set of bedsheets to Value Village on my walk. Another location where I intended to take them next week-only three set days for donations and my visit in the area is not on those days plus site is only taking summer apparel and food items. No household items. At least I checked before committing to lugging a tote out that way...

Blowing bubbles out of a wand is such fun! Need to do it again tomorrow! Nap time for me...body says "make it so."
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took twin girl shopping with me at WM. I picked up stuff for the rental house, stuff for here, some school supplies, etc. Twin girl spent her $20 birthday gift card.

I started packing my household stuff in medium sized boxes for the move. I also writing down what is in the boxes and basic labels so I know what room stuff goes in.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Totally feel like I lost time this afternoon.

I sat down and had some lunch, put away everything I made this morning, emptied the dishwasher, watered and weeded the garden came back in and all of a sudden it was 4:30.

Well I watered and weeded the garden, Mom harvested some of our Herbs, we have so much basil but oddly our Rosemary and Thyme are alive (a feat for me, I am so not a gardener) but they do not seem to be growing/thriving the way the basil is. Right now we have Basil and some Rosemary drying in our Oven.

Had to come up with a new plan for dinner, although there really was not plan. I was considering a Stir Fry or something but it was now 4:30, nope needed something quick. Pulled some cooked Ground Beef from the freezer, grabbed a jar of Pasta Sauce, some Pasta and mixed some herbs into some Ricotta Cheese and Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna was dinner.

Well Dinner was in the Instant Pot, I cleaned out the fridge. There was not much waste, I have been on top of using everything we have but there was a little bit of chopped romaine (I do not know what it is but even with all of my normal veggie prep hacks my lettuce is just not hanging in there, I usually get a week after it is chopped up, right now it is like a few days), and a few slices of peppers I did not use.

I have a pepper, some mushrooms, a cucumber and a zucchini I need to use up. Will work on a plan before I bed.

I spent some time on Pinterest looking for new recipes, found a couple.

Now I am watching Movies I have already seen on Netflix, lol, Happy Saturday Night
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Jul 30th, 2022 at 08:05 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

did the grocery shop... got alot of points... about 30 000. price atched the eggs. had a nice visit with my mom. then put away groceries...

had a nap... lol.

then did a quick trip to micheals... hmmm.... so fun. new day planner...

need to figure out a pattern for a baby blanket i plan on crocheting.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Does anyone know how or if we can scan upc with the Walmart app? I’m trying to figure out how to do that an my iPhone. I should have asked the employee that I saw use his phone for this purpose. I’ve parsley seen posts people online have said they are able to scan with their app too, but not enough details to tell me how.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jul 31st, 2022 at 08:53 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information