User Tag List

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Finally, feel like I can think straight, inventory will do that to you. I think some co-workers have seen a side of me they have never seen before. I just get super frustrated when I specifically ask if something has been done and everyone answers yes, only to find out it was not done and we have been chasing tails for hours. But the good news is it is done.

Both doughs for the cookies for co-workers are done. I ended up making a second batch of the Lemon Slice Cookies. It is supposed to make 60 cookies and I know you cut them thing but it just did not look like enough dough to me. So to be safe I made a second batch and if I have extras I know they will not go to waste.

I only made one batch of Cinnamon Cookie Sticks, I was going to make 2 just to be safe, but I could not make a double batch in my mixer. If worse comes to worst, I can make another batch tomorrow, pop it in the fridge and cook it off Monday afternoon when I get home. Or I will sit here and overthink it and go make another batch now LOL.

Yesterday I tidied up our dining room a little bit, I need to deep clean it but made it useable again. A bunch of stuff got pushed in there and you could not even walk through the dining room.

I have a lot I need to tackle this weekend, plus A LOT for work next week so I am going to sit down tonight, write my to-do lists and try to get focused for the week. Oh and I have to make the desserts for Dad's house, I have 3 cookies and a cheesecake to make. My plan for that is to start Wednesday because I want them to be fresh but I do to leave them to the last minute.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Chicken is in the oven. Green beans ready to cook. Getting the perogies ready. Dinner!
    A Greek salad would have been wonderful with it but I just don't have the energy to go to RCSS. I feel like I haven't been in weeks.
    Its just such a big store and so busy!! Tons of food we won't starve and at least we have the green beans for veggie tonight

I just have one load of laundry to hang up to dry and then it is all done I will do bedding on Monday while working from home

Had a $20 sale (etransfer already received) 2 new tops I bought DS in the Spring he didn't want. Sold for what I paid for online Hollister order.

Can't wait till dinner is done. I'm starving and its going to be so good!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I am curious if any other forumites have actually met other forum members in real life?
    I met 3 other SCers years ago when we did a spot for global news about couponing.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is a bit of a slower start to the morning. I slept in which was 100% needed, I was done when I went to bed last night, so tired.

I have so much, I want to get done today but I think I need to be realistic with my expectations. I am trying to cram everything I could get done on Saturday and Sunday into Sunday because I worked yesterday and it probably will not happen. Plus I know I am fully booked tomorrow so very little to nothing will get done around the house either.

Ugh, I feel like I need more time in the day but this is also me and I would probably want to use those extra hours for sleep LOL.

Today, I have to bake off the cookies, and maybe make a second batch of the Cinnamon Cookie Sticks, still undecided on this. I need to make Blueberries Muffins as I have blueberries that need to be used. I need to package the cookies, finish the baskets and sort them. Plus there are about a million other things, I should also be doing today.

Also need to figure out this dinner thing for tonight. We are back in a rut because this week by the time we got to dinner time I was so done, I did not want to cook. Maybe I can find a slow cooker recipe I can put on now and then Dinner will be ready at dinner time, hmmm options.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning all better so happy except for this cough ,which doctors tell you they can linger for about a month .Yes dropped 4 pounds which i am sure i will put back on over the holidays .

On the agenda today maybe bake just chocolate chip cookies ,laundry and finish wrapping .

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

Glad you’re feeling better @coupon girl

@SassyAshley I hope you take time for yourself. Self care is never selfish and SO IMPORTANT!

Dh and I are headed to the gym this morning. I need to run.

Dh did an online grocery order for the first time so he could get his 20,000 bonus PC points so we will pick that up this afternoon.

We had a dusting of snow last night and hopefully not much more until after I pick up the groceries.

I will finish up the final 2 or 3 batches of garden bolognese and freeze. They take approximately an hour each and my pots aren’t big enough to do more than 2 max and then it takes double the time.

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by harbie; Sun, Dec 18th, 2022 at 11:10 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    QOTD; What is the life of BodyWashs..I have some dove,nivea ,ivory ,olay that are at least 5 years old...it was a stockpile...that I wont use and want to give them to a organism...but I am not sure they are still good to use or they will be ending in trashs...??? They dont have a BB date on them,...
    @cath007 most products have a shelf life of 3 years, unless sunscreen which has to have an expiry date.

You can use the body wash to wash your clothes, do dishes, wash delicates, floors, etc. My friend uses Avon bubble bath to do her laundry.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I just got my cards done ,yes i still send them 12 cards to family and friends .My daughter says this is an ancient tradition ,do you ladies or men still send them just curious?
    @coupongirl I do for close friends and family. I love when they are personalized with a lovely message. Yes, most people do e-cards but I like cards in the mail instead of bills!
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Dec 18th, 2022 at 11:49 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I met 3 other SCers years ago when we did a spot for global news about couponing.
    @harbie that sounds like that would be fun. If you can find the clip, please post.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @harbie that sounds like that would be fun. If you can find the clip, please post.
    I’m embarrassed .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Y_sX5SmgY

Hope this works

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Got a 40 min run in this morning! It’s the longest time I’ve done in a long time since my heart issue. I’m so excited to have that behind me and back running. Now time for a big bowl of rolled oats.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I’m embarrassed .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Y_sX5SmgY

Hope this works
    @harbie Yes it worked. Which one are you? Famous

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was so annoyed yesterday at my local Shoppers. I bought a case of pop that was regular price $5.79, it rang up as $6.99 so I waited for the cashier supervisor who had no clue what SCOP was. I pointed to the SCOP sign posted near the cash and said because this is the wrong price, you have to give it for free. 15 minutes finally, someone else at the store helped and it was done properly.

Scored some .94 cents items at my local Fortinos - large snack mix and container of NN paper straws.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @coupongirl I do for close friends and family. I love when they are personalized with a lovely message. Yes, most people do e-cards but I like cards in the mail instead of bills!
    I love the cards in the mail also and some i did stick a personal small note in .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I baked chocolate chip cookies today ,then relax ,then wrapped a few items.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information