User Tag List

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta , Oh my gosh I could not imagine being anywhere near a Costco today. I am already dreading possibly going later in the week.

My Mom has started taking a new vitamin and it is on sale, this is the last week of the sale so need to pop in for that. Will also grab a few other things well I am there, nothing major but might grab more Chicken, we go through so much chicken.

I could not imagine being in the stores today. My sister-in-law just sent a video of Vaughan Mills today and both of us agree it would send us into a panic attack. My Uncle used to ALWAYS take his kids Boxing Day shopping and said he did not understand how a deal seeker like me was not out there. Easy, my mental health is more important. Not to mention I find online shopping is better, with no crowds, no being out in the cold, and better selection.

But with that being said, we really do not need much this year, there are a few key items I am looking for, but nothing too special if I find those things I will order online, and if I don't so be it.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley I’ve never used Gorilla Glue but I’ve heard good things about it. Not much help, I know
    @lilo0003 I’m hoping you and your son feel better soon.
    @Ciel21 sorry you’re in pain. Hopefully you’ll feel better soon.
    @Giseledta good for you regarding boundaries. It is something I’m continuously working on. It’s never easy but definitely needed especially for my mental health.
    @cath007 I’m with you. Boxing Day shopping isn’t my thing either . Did it when I was a teenager but now I’m old lady I don’t have the patience and I’m much more stingy with my $$$$

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I was able to do a 30min upper body strength workout yesterday and I’m reaping the rewards….or pain . Actually it’s not bad I’m just exaggerating.

I said I’m not a Boxing Day shopper so the plan for today is a walk outside. There’s a bit of wind but doesn’t seem to be too bad and it’s not raining so I gotta take advantage of it.

Hope everyone has a restful and relaxing day while staying safe and warm.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks @harbie ! Did some outdoor shovelling and light branch collecting. Just to move about and get a change of scenery. Saw larger branches on ground and told myself to keep away for now. Definitely will be getting the rake out when the snow has receded to get the immediate backyard shipshape again.

Used last of organic milk in carton for mug of hot cocoa (round 2)! It did not go clumpy/funny like bagged ordinary homogenized milk does after expiry date. Tomorrow has grocery shopping day written all over!

Re: Boxing Day shopping. I was online and read local reporter's tweet about the local mall being busy and shoppers early. I also remember about 7-8 years ago being naive enough to visit same mall in late afternoon with Bro. Never again. This year and perhaps last year, Boxing Day is definitely before Christmas for apparel and footwear (sizing/fit) and with one month plus of "Black Friday sales", think anyone looking for something probably found it in Nov/Dec. Internet makes things quicker for shopping but not for resolving order issues/mixups/parcels gone to wrong place or dimension! There are probably MANY people savouring a second day just being in place rather than going to mall, unless there's some movie outing that tempts them. Winter storms tend to up the "appreciate where I'm at" attitude when snow/ice/winds say "got you-you're it."

Sure hope whoever won the Square One shopping spree got to use the gift card before Christmas! Early January is also a fabulous time of year to be at Square One!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thinking of SCers who have not posted in a while at this time: @Natalka @jasperandchar @avoncallingu @Andit @wolfwoman
    May you be enjoying the holiday season wherever you are!

Wonder who got a copy of Bob and Doug McKenzie's Great White North album out this weekend to acknowledge the snow storm? I did give a middle-school music teacher a copy of the album (for Xmas) because he sort of reminded me of Dave Thomas in a way.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hoping to score new year calendars soon in stores in Qc as I need some....
    Hope everyone has a great evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Had my xmas today my son just left with his family,we had turkey but the stuffing didnt turn out as great as i couldnt find stuffing already seasoned bread-so made my own.

Grandkids loved their gifts except the stretchy playdoh i bought at dollarama what a mess=getting rid of that toy.I got laura secord marchino cherries my dear daughter bought from winners and they were stale and all punchered ,so may try to take them back.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

City of Hamilton waste collection is operating on usual schedule. I only caught on to this detail when I knocked something off the side of the fridge under a magnet and once I retrieved the page from UNDER the fridge, I put it on the front of the fridge. Then I glanced at the cutout of the remaining holidays on 2022-23 waste collection schedule (I had recycled most of the waste/recycling calendar last week)-NO RED ARROWS to show day later collection! Peered out window-saw one neighbour had containers at curb. I boogied to get garbage can out and green cart. Within 3min of doing so, the collection crew came, as I was collecting the recycling from the kitchen to add to the recycling box on the landing. Wow-fastest turnaround on bins out and bins back in!

Same for next week-no change to collection schedule!

Glad I fidget and look for small tasks to do while waiting for water to boil on the stove. I just assumed there was a Day Later schedule in effect. Someone on street has their Christmas tree at the curb but it's too early for tree collection (that usually happens in first two weeks of January after New Year's Day).
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Watched some local morning show on tv and saw all the rain days coming this week in the forecast. Today will be grocery shop day as I have a list building and I have some coupons I want to use as they expire on Dec. 31. Must visit the bank to see what's going on with the refund/payment out transactions as I don't want them to remain lingering into the New Year.

I have been in bed by 10:30pm the last two nights and usually am up by 6am. Not the brightest person in the household but I got my shower, breakfast and a load of laundry underway before 7am.

I've also had baby gear "fever" and it was interesting to notice how I was arguing about stuff with myself AGAIN and yesterday realizing some kind of issues are behind all the urges to be a fairy relative gifting loads of gear on sale to someone (but I don't have the $$$$ (yes, I tallied the costs without S&H it was $2086 and change!)). When fever recedes, I have those insights (about myself and the other person). Keep getting this fever and it usually resolves within two days. Glad I don't have a credit card or I'd be waiting on that stroller that seems to be discontinued (oh, no!)and some other things like baby booster seats (so many options...). None of the gear seems to be made in Canada (one was designed in Canada but given the 3-digit price tag, I would have thought it had been manufactured here as well).

Since I signed up to get library newsletters, I did receive the January newsletter about events/workshops. So handy not to have to wait for a print copy or to find it online! Noticed the embroidery machine intro is set for mid-January (still on a Saturday), a good change from the usual last Saturday of the month timing. Will look at forecasts to see if I should plan to book a spot or forget it (weather must be favourable)-have wanted to do this since 2019 and in March 2020, my planned date was cancelled but I did not know until I went to location and found out it had been cancelled. Want something for me to enjoy!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you want the Gingerbread Pop Tarts at Voila.ca, I found them! Type Pop Tarts in the search-item comes up in results as Kelloggs Pastry Gingerbread:
    Voilà | Online Grocery Delivery - Kellogg Pastry Gingerbread 576 g (voila.ca)

Item does not come up on Fortinos.ca, so it must not be available for grocery deliveries/online orders for pickup. Will see if in-store price has changed from $7.99 when I visit my local store.
    harbie, JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Last night was Christmas at Dad's. Bro and Sis-in-law picked me up, plus they had other bro's dogs (bro has a dog, plus bro & his fiancee have her Dad's dog about half of the year). It was kind of like having little kids there because they wanted to see everything and be loved and cuddled by everyone.

We had our traditional german meal, Sauerbraten, Potatoes, Dumplings, Red Cabbage, Carrots, Peas & Bean Salad.

Everyone was super tired so we left just after 8 and were home around 9. It was a nice visit with everyone.

I really need to start tackling stuff around the house but, ugh my sinuses are not happy today. My face feels puffy, and my eyes are bugging me and do not want to be open. Hoping a cup of tea and an allergy pill will help a bit.

Thinking the options for dinner tonight are:
    Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash Bowls
    Mozzarella Chicken over Pasta
    Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups

Will see which one jumps out to Mom. The top two are easy simple meals, the Zucchini Roll-Ups are a little labour-intensive but I do have Zucchini I need to use up. Plus, I have lettuce again so a Caesar Salad will be on the menu plus maybe some Cheesy Garlic Naan especially if we have the Zucchini Roll-Ups.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is kind of a blah day for me. I am so tired and not feeling my best so working on all the things that can be done from the couch.

We are making appetizers/snacks for New Year's Eve Dinner. I went from, oh no, I have a few things but not enough to make it a meal. Too, oh no, I need to pair down this menu as it is a little over the top. But, I came to a decision today, I am going to make everything I have planned as most of what I am making from scratch can be frozen, so I will make everything cook off what we need and the rest can go in the freezer for another time. So, as of right now the menu is:
    Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
    Brie with Peach Jam & Crackers
    Spring Rolls with Plum Sauce
    Spinach Dip with Pita Chips*
    Air Fryer Fried Pickles with Ranch Dip*
    Loaded Potato Bites with Sour Cream*
    Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Sauce*
    Pizza Rolls with Marinara Sauce*

All of the ones with an * are ones I will be making myself. I did buy the spring rolls already made so we can just cook what we want. Everything I am making except the Fried Pickles and Loaded Potato Bites can be frozen so we will appetizers for future meals/snacks in the freezer. I will start working on these tomorrow as I do not want to tackle all of this on New Year's Eve day.

Now, I will write myself a prep list. Thinking I will do all the prep tomorrow and start, chop everything and have it ready so Thursday I can just put it all together.

I love a plan.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    We didn’t get as much snow as they predicted but we have ice pellets and some freezing rain. Oh joy!

I’m proud of myself. I held off until 2:20pm before hitting the Baileys . We have the non dairy version and I’m doing it straight. Can’t risk diluting it with coffee .

I’ve been tackling mount laundry since I’ve let it grow when I was working. Maybe I’ll reorganize the fridge. Need something to keep me busy while the laundry is washing/drying.

Tomorrow I’ll walk up to IGA and pick up some vegan cheeses since we already ate some and promised my parents some. Oops . The weather should just be wet so I’m ok with that.

Say warm and safe everyone.
    @harbie too funny about not diluting the baileys. Hope you enjoyed it.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

that appy list @SassyAshley !! Mmmmm, well except for the pickles. lol I have come to appreciate all the yummy appy's I can make myself and freeze now. They are tastier and less costly than any store bought items. Enjoy all your NY Eve ones!

It is a real frugal day here because no one has stirred very far from their sleep receptacles. ( mine was bed, then the recliner ) DH tried to rise but went back to get more zzz's, DS was up the whole time we slept so he's out now. It's very quiet in here atm. Frankie seemed lonely so we had a little chat before I sat down here. What a good listener he is!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Best thing yesterday-the ice melted off all the affected windows! Great to be able to look out and see the road again. White Christmas 2022-definitely a coast to coast event in Canada. Hope all that were without power over weekend get power restored by today. Not sure if airport travellers are moving or still stuck in transit.

Someone came over to gift Bro two hot sauces as well. Somehow we all managed to have our own time separate in the house for mostly peace and quiet, except for squabbles
    about cleaning up. Constant battle to get everyone to pick up as they do things, not just park things all over and expect me to ignore them.

I'm definitely becoming a Weeble that wobbles. My mid-torso is just in pain and not holding me up too well. I will get outside for a few minutes of air and to take the trash out. Probably will hold off on plaza walk until tomorrow, when it's a touch milder. REminder to check flyers for store times if open today. I know that at least two grocery stores are closed for Boxing Day as well. Shoppers Drug Mart is likely a zoo today with one day sale & clearance going on.
    @Ciel21 I'm becoming a massive weeble that wobbles. Too much chocolate in December. I discovered salted caramel Caramilk earlier this year and can't stop the chocolate. My very warm winter coat from Sears no longer fits. My friend said menopause is reason. Had I known I would have bought the larger size when the stores were closing.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information