User Tag List

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@coupon girl cannot tell you how much I enjoy your " nope ! " responses at stores. Me too! lol

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl clothing has gotten insane. I was looking at Penningtons the other day, last year I was buying clearance clothes for $10 or less now there is nothing under $15-$20 even on clearance with an additional discount. I lucked out and found some good deals on Old Navy and got Mom and Myself some new around-the-house clothes but that only works when colour and style aren't important just comfort.

@lizzie bargain , congrats on the new car.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did my hour reset, may have taken a little over an hour but I am happy.

The kitchen floor has been vacuumed and I cheated, normally I never use Swiffer Wet clothes on the floor as it rips them to shreds but I just did a light over and washed then use the cloth to wash the anti-fatigue mats. Then I put away yesterday's hand dishes (anything to not dry them), washed up a few hand dishes from last night's dinner, wiped down the counters and stove and washed out the sinks.

I cleaned the bathroom, and did the floors, they have been vacuumed and swiffer wet clothed, (although I did not go the hallway because Mom was still in bed) but I left the vacuums upstairs so this can be done later.

When all of this was done I took a shower, did a little self-care and now I am making myself a second cup of tea.

The last of the 3 videos has been edited, just need to upload it. I know with everything going on doing these videos might seem weird to some but I feel like they are helping me keep the balance right now. It might be more of a mental thing but I feel like if I let these go, work is winning and getting all of my time. Although I do have over 30 videos I need to record for work so yeah, that is fun.

Now I need to find something to eat.

I tell you this springing forward is not working for me today, I feel so far behind. How is it already noon? I feel like I am losing time although we did lose an hour.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Concerning clothes: yes the prices are insane..Only watch online sale and my size goes quickly so I have to act super fast if I want something.I tend to do online shopping in Reitmans online and get free shipping too..no way I will pay for shipping...
    When I take the time to watch all the clothes,I usually find some affortable and ok for me
    Average of 10-20 per t-shirt ..I want others t-shirts but that will have to wait..because I have not the time to do online shopping those time.. @lizziebargain:yay!!! Congratulation for the new car!!!
    And yes on the insane price of chocolate too..I am happy to have found some clearance 50-70% off for Valentine Day at SDM...no need to purchase Easter chocolate
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Mar 12th, 2023 at 02:33 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Lizzie -congrats on the new to you car .I love our 2 yr old car nice and roomy ,cheaper on gas also.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    I opened a little bit the window of my bedroom to have some fresh air...hey it is 4 degres...spring is coming...and it will be those average weather this week too!!!
    Pick it up my medication,grocery is done,a bit over budget and I forgot something but it is not important for now..It was just that I wanted to restock on fruits ketchup homemade si bon and I forget to put it on my list...it happen
    Per chance I checked my pc account. because I wanted to know why I did get 2000 pc points for something...I saw that I have an offer of 15 000 pc points(15$) wub 150$ and I just miss 9$...are you kidding me....Per chance I will need milk and sauce and maybe my ketchup this week so I will get those points!!! Per chance it is cumulative because I dont spend 150$ in one shot...
    This week dinners are all figured out!!
    Off to work in my Excel book...I have a feeling I am not ready for this wednesday exam and I dont want that...grr
    Have a fabulous afternoon!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie:
    -12 per package boxes of tissu paper Kleenex reg:15,99$ minus 3,00$ sale minus forward coupon of 1,00$ and minus a 2,50$ of coupon form first Royale coupon booklet=8,50$ less than 0,79$ a box
    -Ritz crackers: @1,97$ x4 pm GT minus 0,50$ on each forward coupon=1,47$ each
    -Oasis 960 ml juice container x 3 @1,22$ minus 0,50$ coupons I wanted to use before expiry..not as good as last week 1,00$ sale but it was cleared last week and could not ask raincheck because they had 3 remaining left on the shelve weird flavor..
    -Activia Vanilla 650 gr yogurt tub @2,64$ pm IGA minus 3$wub3 coupon=1,64$ each noticed I was charged for 2 not 3 but it was too late
    -Astro Yogurt cherry and cappucino x2 (they only had one cappucinno grr) @2,55$
    -Oasis without lactose smooties x 4 @3,77$ minus 4x0,50$ coupons(the new ones for just big juice)=3,27$ noticed a increased price.. and if this in the flyer it is more expensive than that now that suck!!!
    -A very big Cantaloupe @1,99$ pm Super C
    -Tomatoes @1,88$ lbs
    -Small Raspberries containers x2 @2,88$ each pm metro(still expensive but craving them ) maxi price is 4,99$ !!! crazy
    -Strawberries 454 gr container x4@2,22$ each pm IGA( receipt said you saved 3,77$ are you kidding me..I will never pay 7$ for a container of strawberries)
    -A small smoked ham for Easter at 6,99$ cheaper than buying sliced one at public harvest
    -Famillial Package of sandwich ham meat Paysan @10,88$
    and I will return this week for milk and sauce ..because I have an offer for 15 000 pc points wub 150$ cumulative and I only miss 9$ ..did not noticed until now..grr...
    saved 9,50$ in coupons and a bunch with pm!! and 2000 pc points

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DS1 made dinner tonight and it was amazing. When he was 18 he asked for the full set of Julia Child’s The Art of French Cooking and he loves trying new recipes. Tonight it was beef bourguignon and omg it was amazing. Some day he is going to move out and I will be sad.
    Groceries were grim today. Difficulty price matching product not in stock etc. just so frustrating. I did manage to use some Air Miles so if I goes bye bye and will lose very little.
    I need to check my receipts to do my elipsia. I think it’s a $1.00 there.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening!!!
    For my mental sanity I decided tonight to take a break from my book...
    So to pass my energy I did cleaning of the living room,cleaned and decluttered the dinner table and my desk.It was much needed.Tossed expired coupons,but the still good coupons in a envie so now they are all in 1 place.Feel so much nicer and cleaner.!!! I think my plan will be to do a little bit at the time when I want to take break from studies so I will not get overwelmed by a major cleaning..!!! I also did a little bit of kitchen cupboards organisation to take an inventory of what we have and need to use ,ans what need to be restock and watch good sales Feel good to start to be organisated!!!
    So the next cleaning goals are the kitchen counters,a big major purging decluttering and reorganise the main pantry,kitchen floor and spare bedroom (room)

Omg I did a lesson to dad and hope he understand because I literally shown him how much he was feeding eve and stella....compared to the 90 gr(1 cup for each) that need to be given....Like 4 times the portion ..that what he do to my cats...now I understand and hope he will to what that does to my cat,their obesity and not beeing healthy...they absolutely need to loose weight!!! That it,,,I will stand my ground for this....I put the correct measurement and 2 bowls at separate place now....and will check often if respected My dad is the one thinking food is love for the cat..and the all you want to eat kind for the cat....like if the cat want attention or scream he give food...so it is a no for me....my rant sorry
    Just need to put the bag I fill up to recycle,dad will take care of that tomorrow
    Have a good week!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Mar 12th, 2023 at 11:32 PM.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yes I saw that for Airmiles at my IGA they will be replaced by Scene+ card... maybe I will take the scene card

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    I cannot believe it is only 10 am.

I forced myself to get up at 5 am this morning to try to get on top of things. The key word being try, Honestly, I am feeling like today is not my day.

Mom had a really bad day yesterday, she could barely walk her hip was so bad. It just keeps getting worse and worse. She tried to do something after I went to bed but couldn't so she texted me, that got me up and going this morning. I feel so bad, I do not know how to help her, she is taking all of these different meds and nothing seems to help, it only seems to get worse. The doc is of no help, he just keeps telling her to lose weight which she is trying but since she can barely move exercising is out. So now his solution is weight loss surgery which she does not want. It is just so frustrating.

I thought I had slept funny yesterday as my neck and one shoulder were bothering me all day, I took some Robax but it did not help. Today it is worse and is now trying to give me a headache.

I worked for 6 hours yesterday to try to get ahead at work, I think for everything I got done yesterday 6 new things have come in this morning that I need to do and none of it is easy just get it done type of work. It is all time-consuming and full of issues and errors that need to be corrected before I can even start on what I need to do. Plus now I have multiple requests for me to go and work in branches.

I am trying to be positive and tell myself I can do this but honestly, I kind of just want to cry right now. I tried taking a break and made myself some Baked Apple Oatmeal, normally cooking helps me but not today. I am just overwhelmed, overstimulated and over it. I feel like I cannot have a bad day because I have to keep on top of work and the house and helping Mom and all of the things. With everything, Mom is going through right now how can I complain about having a bad day? But, it does not make it any easier and the stuff does not magically get done.

My work to-do is taller than me and only getting longer by the moment, literally, I just see another 7 emails that need to be added to my to-do list. They have offered me help but the issue is why the time I lay out what they need to do and show them what to do it would be faster for me to just do it myself.

Sorry for my rant but felt good to get it out, time to wash my face, tell myself I got this I can do and just try to get something done.

Happy Monday
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We have sunshine .
    It snowed overnight. Started after 4pm yesterday and was pretty heavy for hours. Decided it was a good night to park in the garage.
    (I usually do but hadn't the past week)

Today's plan: Work, clean kitchen. That is all the pressure I am putting on myself today.

Will pop in No Frills after I drop DS off at school. Will grab a fresh loaf of Rye bread. ( we have back up bread in the freezer).

I went to RCSS yesterday and bought bananas (30% off- they put the singles in the bag and they are usually in better shape then the bunches! and the brown bag is perfect as a gift bag ) $1.99 for a cantalope. Bought a few strawberries at Food basics. So that is our fruit for the next few days. I will cut it/clean it today and then go back and stock us up again Wednesday.
    DS has an open jar of pasta sauce in the fridge so I will pull sauce from freezer and add it to the pot so it doesn't get wasted. Thinking that will be dinner tonight or tomorrow night. This week is a "use it up" week.

Have a great day!
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What are your thoughts on English Cucumbers sold at RCSS etc without the plastic wrap?
    I am all for less plastic but the ones at my store are not good quality at all. I was going to price match yesterday but changed my mind when I saw the product.
    I just picked them up at No Frills this morning and they are wrapped in plastic but nice.
    harbie, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean!
    Overnight bags from weekend unpacked.
    Basket of laundry ready to put in washer and then hang it all to dry.
    Shower time!
    harbie, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What are your thoughts on English Cucumbers sold at RCSS etc without the plastic wrap?
    I am all for less plastic but the ones at my store are not good quality at all. I was going to price match yesterday but changed my mind when I saw the product.
    I just picked them up at No Frills this morning and they are wrapped in plastic but nice.
    Sorry, not much help here @Frugalbigmama as I stopped buying the larger English cucumbers once the family expressed preference for those baby ones that usually come 6 to a tray.
    You probably chose correctly if the unwrapped ones were that poor in quality. The odd time I purchase the very large bag of baby cucumbers from Walmart ( when on sale ).
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information