User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Not allowed to share flyers??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did a small shop this morning at NF , I purchased a few things at the sale price, one item not on sale, and price matched three different items - I noticed that the lady behind my had the same item so I offered her my flyer to price match - the cashier literally snapped at me that "I wasn't allowed to do that!!" "Another person isn't allowed to use the same flyer" !!!!! I think I had a blank expressionless look on my face for about 10 minutes until I was on my way home. Geeezz.......if she caught me on a different day of the month, I probably wouldn't have been so amiable.

What's up with that anyway??
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills
    Its not 'savings', it is spending less or spending nothing - if you put it in the bank and it stays there, it is savings

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL I would have turned to her and said "It's my flyer, I got it with my newpaper and I can do whatever I want with it, and if you have a problem I would love to talk to your manager". The cashier just probably is to rude or lazy to do the price match, but it is her job, so she should not be snapping like that. And it is allowed, there is no policy you can not share the flyer? LOL. I leave my fylers all over the place so people can compare.
    macw1960 likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was actually told at the FreshCo that the person behind me wasn't allowed to use my flyer! I thought about dropping it and sliding it over, but they probably have those mirrors to see under carts...
    Sarah W likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ I have never heard of that???? and if the cashier told me that..well...you know what I would have said lol
    krysta lynne and bluzsuz like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I share mine all the time so sorry this happened to you
    Sarah W likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The "rules" keep getting more ridiculous. I would've just passed her the flyer when the cashier wasn't looking, but mind you, I am on a mission to not be nice to strangers for the next little while because I've been getting a lot of rudeness lately.

What did the customer behind you say when the cashier denied it?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

That sounds rude - BUT - if trying to make sense to that:

Maybe she thought you are both from the same "family" and I know they have some restrictions for "on sale products" like 2 items per person/family/day ....whatever that is...
    so I guess the flyer would of given a deal that's limited to number of items per person.

I don't know if I am explaining it right.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

some cashiers at WM here will keep your flyer but when I PM I hold on to my flyer and then once she/he sees it I throw it in my bag. I think that is silly.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is ridiculous, indeed. The only purpose a flyer serves in PMing is to establish that the product is indeed on sale at that price. So if the cashier matched it for you and knew that it was a legit PM, why not match that same product for another customer, with the flyer right in front of her? It's a stark contrast to the US, where WM doesn't even always require a flyer to match.

A similar thing happened to me. I had a print out of the Food Basics flyer and the cashier wouldn't match from a printed flyer (despite it being in colour and with the dates clearly visible). What's worse is that the lady in front of me had the same flyer and matched the same things! So I said, "I have a printed version, and you just matched the same products, so I don't understand the problem" and the cashier said no, she couldn't do it. This whole situation was turned around by an awesome woman in the next lane who overheard my dilemma and passed her flyer over to me - it was by far, the nicest thing a stranger had done for me in a little while.

I hear you on the increasing rudeness, torontogal! A little while back, my check-out took a little bit of time and the senior behind me was huffing, puffing, and muttering. I had half a mind to make a smart remark, but one of my personality traits is that I let myself get walked over, sometimes. So I still offered my flyer to him to compensate for the wait, seeing that he had a Delissio in his cart (his wife had made a comment when I matched my Delissio, so I thought she'd be interested). He rudely and loudly replied "oh, no way! I would never hold up the line." Needless to say, it wasn't the best experience.
    Last edited by Aimz; Mon, Apr 16th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

The same thing happened to me at Wal-Mart...
    I've earned $125 in Amazon GCs in 7 months with SWAGBUCKS! Click here & get started: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LCFIXE
    AMEX GOLD REWARDS CARD - 1st year FREE & get 25,000 AEROPLAN POINTS when you spend $500 in first 3 months: </SPAN>Click Here</SPAN>

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

maybe the cashier was one of THOSE that didn't like to share in the sandbox Name:  pisstivity2.gif
Views: 1209
Size:  13.7 KB

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

That is terrible - What a stupid rule she made up - I guess it would have been to much fuss to call a manager and the customer behind might have gotten embarrassed or something -

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    The "rules" keep getting more ridiculous. I would've just passed her the flyer when the cashier wasn't looking, but mind you, I am on a mission to not be nice to strangers for the next little while because I've been getting a lot of rudeness lately.

What did the customer behind you say when the cashier denied it?
    She said that she never price matches anything anyway
    chickypoodles likes this.
    Its not 'savings', it is spending less or spending nothing - if you put it in the bank and it stays there, it is savings

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me and I rarely ever price match!! Besides the fact that most stores carry copies of their flyers somewhere near the doors so anyone is free to take one! Weird!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive never of that before not sharing flyers, I myself do price matching and have shared my flyers at NF to another customer and no one has told me not to share flyers. this blogs my mind to hear that. We only do grocery shopping at NF every week.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information