User Tag List

Page 731 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 231 631 681 721 729 730 731 732 733 741 781 831 1231 1731 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 38275
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    That is it!! They made dinner with wheat and dairy!!! I ate strawberries
    No more miss nice gal! I am mad! I do 100% of the shopping and 99% of the cooking. I am only cooking and buying what I can eat. (rant over)
    I'm really sorry this happened to you. As Nat said, it's really hard to get others on board with you when you make a diet change, especially something a drastic as no gluten because it's in almost everything.

I've been invited out to dinners at the home of friends over the years, and there was nothing I could eat (either they didn't know I was a Celiac or they forgot). After so many years, now I ALWAYS remind the person why they call that I cannot eat gluten, and a lot of the times I tell them I can bring along something for myself and they can feed dh It's better for me to be safe, than get extremely ill after the fact. It's always a good idea to bring along a snack just in case (I used to make myself a sandwich and put it in my purse) because a lot of people have no idea the amount of things that have gluten. If they're making a meat and potato type dinner, you're usually safe, but not always.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Tue, Jul 24th, 2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Natalka, ninna and ssbean like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks Holly. This was my DH. So no excuses except I bought the food he made. So my fault. I only buy bread and some crackers for them that are gluten. Everything else in our house is gluten free. I don't like to go to others houses for dinners cause they always think I am a freak. I don't eat meat so a meat and potato dinner does not work at all for me. My MIL let's be bring dinners to feed everyone so it works great
    The way I eat is not really new. I think that is what bothers me the most. DH made dinner and called me for it. I sat down and then he said sorry I forgot to make you something. I just cried because it is not the first time
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is it!! They made dinner with wheat and dairy!!! I ate strawberries
    No more miss nice gal! I am mad! I do 100% of the shopping and 99% of the cooking. I am only cooking and buying what I can eat. (rant over)
    Totally know how you feel, when I was gluten free my mom would always make a huge dinner and then be like "oh yeah you can't eat that!" it sucks but most people really don't give it any thought until it's done or they realize after already starting to cook something. Stay strong, your health matters more but I think I would have cried too
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ yep, that's loaded alright holly. Sounds so yummy.

Haven't had an actual hunger pang yet, so I may wait till I feel real ready! Choices are lemon chicken, or a large salad or low sodium tuna on rice cakes.
    hollyquaiscer and ninna like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I have been cooking all afternoon. I have a zillion whole wheat waffles, dozens of blueberry muffins all ready for the freezer.

I was thinking of breakfast for dinner but I think I am all waffled out

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sweet Thai un-fried brown rice
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks Holly. This was my DH. So no excuses except I bought the food he made. So my fault. I only buy bread and some crackers for them that are gluten. Everything else in our house is gluten free. I don't like to go to others houses for dinners cause they always think I am a freak. I don't eat meat so a meat and potato dinner does not work at all for me. My MIL let's be bring dinners to feed everyone so it works great
    The way I eat is not really new. I think that is what bothers me the most. DH made dinner and called me for it. I sat down and then he said sorry I forgot to make you something. I just cried because it is not the first time
    Awww. That sucks Abby5. I mean...it sucks when it happens at someone else's house and you have nothing to eat, but it's worse because this is your DH at your house.

Argh. *cuffs your DH through the internet*.

There. Feel free to cuff my DH back through the internet too. Sometimes he's an insensitive schmuck at the supper table and I wanna smack him.

We aren't anything special...lol...as in, we're not vegan or vegetarian or nut allergic or gluten intolerant. We're lucky that way, I suppose. However, I've been trying to cook more vegetarian meals in the past year just because North American meat consumption habits are so unsustainable for the planet...and veggies are local and healthier for you. It's kind of a no-brainer from where I'm standing. And--DH is supposed to cut out processed meats and organ meats, so I feel like I'm doing a favour when I make chick pea meatballs from scratch, ya know? lol. Seriously. A favour. You have no idea how hard those little buggers are to mash up small enough. LOL.

Unfortunately, DH isn't always on board with the more vegetarian meals experiment and he makes nasty comments and jokes...or he'll scrunch up his face and try to slip supper into the garbage when I'm not looking. Man. It just pisses me off something fierce. We expect our children to sit there and eat it. I am expected to eat the clam chowder he makes once in awhile because I'm supposed to set the example for the kids. It seems the same rules do no apply for him though. Jeez. I'm gonna get all ramped up in a minute so I better quit while I'm ahead. LOL.

Anyway--my point is that it doesn't cost any extra time to be considerate. My niece's step-son must eat gluten free. It's really not that hard to ensure I have a dish or two of something that works for him when he comes here.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^ ha. I came to this thread to post what we ate for supper and got so worked up I forgot. LOL.

Tonight we had Island chicken and mango salad....a recipe out of Today's Parent magazine (August 2012). I liked it...but too oily for me. Next time I'd totally cut down on the oil by at least half
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lunch- left over chicken and rice

dinner- slice of pizza
    ninna likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I completely understand Abby. I have a dairy intolerance and my Mom is allergic to dairy. It astounds me how many people don't realize butter is dairy - they think only of milk/cream. So it has happened that my grandmother, my Mom's mother, will make an elaborate meal and think she is doing so well for my Mom but she can't touch it because she cooked something in butter.

Speaking of gluten free, I just picked up GF/vegan worcestershire sauce for my Mom for a recipe - holy cow it was $7.69 for 250 mL! My Mom's good friend has Celiac Disease so I was picking it up so she could make homemade BBQ sauce when her friend comes over this weekend. Easier to make it all GF than to try to keep something GF when next to lots of non-GF food.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I got an oxo mandolin recently and decided to "play" with it.

I ended up slicing potatoes and making a kinda Mexican scalloped potatoes with garlic whole wheat buns and shredded salad with cucumbers and carrots using the mandolin

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It is my anniversary tomorrow so I was going to make lasagna (my DH's favourite) but he texts me saying he has a work dinner tomorrow night. I was like what the @!$& !! We went to a great and expensive resturant on Saturday for our Ann. but come on!!
    Things have not been going well for us this year and D word has come up but what the ----! Sorry this should be in the rant section ..lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After a day of work I would go to market and cook dinner. My family's dinner consisting mainly of meat, vegetables and rice. After dinner everyone will eat fruit and drink milk before bed. On weekend I did not cook, my family would eat in a restaurant.

Last edited by elly.elly86; Tue, Aug 21st, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

today I will out for Mexican with colleague after work
    hollyquaiscer and ninna like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It is my anniversary tomorrow so I was going to make lasagna (my DH's favourite) but he texts me saying he has a work dinner tomorrow night. I was like what the @!$& !! We went to a great and expensive resturant on Saturday for our Ann. but come on!!
    Things have not been going well for us this year and D word has come up but what the ----! Sorry this should be in the rant section ..lol
    Sorry that things are stressed for you right now hun Big hugs sent your way

Thread Information