User Tag List

Page 353 of 450 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

How come trading for stamps is different than trading for gift cards? We can only use so many stamps lol, sometimes i end up with 60s of these stamps with no use at all.

When trading amazon.ca,gtg or any other codes, wait until you get your end of the trade and PM them the code, unless they are very active and honest here.
    Silk and hollyquaiscer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

or they expire the thread within a date it was posted with no info whether the auction finished or cancelled. i didn't even have a chance to bid!

Quote Originally Posted by luvfreestuff View Post
    I recently bid on an auction, and I find it so odd that the member did not pm me to let me know that I had been outbid, nor did she update the thread with the highest bid until 2 hours before the auction was closed, nor did she notify anyone that she was extending the auction a day later.

Maybe it's just me but I think these are things the op should do when running an auction. They are looking for the BEST offer so shouldn't these be common sense things?

I was more than willing to increase my bid should another member outbid me because they were coupons I could really use, but traders like this really turn me off trading. If you don't have the time to run an auction and keep up to date with it, maybe you shouldn't be running an auction. But that's my opinion.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smileyKT View Post
    I received a VWT train today and most of the coupons were great. However, there were 4 mistakes, each belonging to a different rider. I will not be able to use these coupons. How do I respond to this? Isn't it the responsibility of the conductor to check through these coupons beforehand?

Should I give positives even though it's not what I really asked for or PM the conductor/riders?
    Bumping up for advice.

I'm still not sure what to do although I guess I should PM the conductor... I guess I'm just asking whose mistake is this?

It's the riders who sent in wrong coupons but the conductor is supposed to check them? (and what happens if the conductor sees that they are the wrong coupons? do they replace it or just kinda send them along...)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Replacing the coupons holds up the train, I have been on a train where it happened and by the time we all got our coupons, we had just days to use them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seventhwave View Post
    I haven't been online in quite some time so i was reading to catch up and I have to say... I'm really surprise Boo (or any of the admins at the time) did not step in and STOP the trading of gift cards. This is a COUPON trading site, it should remain as such. I can't believe the amount of scams revolving around gift cards!
    There is scamming around coupons and stamps as well as GCs its just people are more likely to complain about a GC since it cost them money. There are so many people who cant find coupons and it is unfair to them to not be able to trade. Look at some peoples wishlists, if there was no other option those people wouldnt be able to trade for coupons
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Bumping up for advice.

I'm still not sure what to do although I guess I should PM the conductor... I guess I'm just asking whose mistake is this?

It's the riders who sent in wrong coupons but the conductor is supposed to check them? (and what happens if the conductor sees that they are the wrong coupons? do they replace it or just kinda send them along...)
    Conductors should be checking for mistakes & asking riders to fix their mistakes.
    Usually there is not time for the rider making the mistakes to send out more coupons, that just holds up the train for everyone.
    I usually replace the wrong coupons with ones from my own stash & ask the rider making the mistakes to make it up to me on another train we ride together.

This is why I don't mind asking for extra coupons or stamps as a boarding pass. Condcutors often have to cover the mistakes of other riders, I know this when I start a train & have no problem doing it. I like to keep my riders happy.

One mistake could be easily missed but 4 mistakes from different riders- I'd say that conductor didn't check what was being sent.
    I ran into this once and the conductor said "it wasn't her job" to check coupons. I disagree.

I'd make note of that conductor & not ride her trains again.

On another note- if those wrong coupons were extras & the riders that sent the wrong coupons were still within the train guidelines with the other coupons they sent, then that's OK. I often have riders send extras, they may be early expiries or completely random coupons. As long as they sent coupons from the WLs, the required number of coupons and the correct expiry dates I don't consider these extras as mistakes.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

I completely agree. It is the conductors job. That is why we supply a boarding pass, for them to organize the train and check that everything goes smoothy. As a conductor and a rider I have been on all sides of this situation. I have accidentally sent the wrong coupons....we all make mistakes. As a conductor I have had many times that the rider has sent wrong coupons to another rider (or me). I always replace them from my own stash. I think that this is the responsibility I take on when I conduct a train. Depending on the amount of errors, I will ask the rider to "make it up to me" some time in the future. Sometimes I just give them a heads up that the coupon was wrong. I also agree that if the rider has sent "the required" coupons and the extras have the mistakes (early expiry, wrong coupon) I let it go. And just like SmilyK I have received trains back that have had several errors in it. This of course is very annoying. One or two mistakes are understandable...again everyone makes mistakes, but several make it clear the conductor did not check. In this situation I have just opted to not ride with that conductor again. But I think you are well within your rights to expect the conductor to fix the problem (make up the coupons to you) if they refuse then I would think you are well within your rights to leave them a neutral or negative rating. Hopefully it does not come to this, hopefully they would just fix it

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsMom View Post
    Conductors should be checking for mistakes & asking riders to fix their mistakes.
    Usually there is not time for the rider making the mistakes to send out more coupons, that just holds up the train for everyone.
    I usually replace the wrong coupons with ones from my own stash & ask the rider making the mistakes to make it up to me on another train we ride together.

This is why I don't mind asking for extra coupons or stamps as a boarding pass. Condcutors often have to cover the mistakes of other riders, I know this when I start a train & have no problem doing it. I like to keep my riders happy.

One mistake could be easily missed but 4 mistakes from different riders- I'd say that conductor didn't check what was being sent.
    I ran into this once and the conductor said "it wasn't her job" to check coupons. I disagree.

I'd make note of that conductor & not ride her trains again.

On another note- if those wrong coupons were extras & the riders that sent the wrong coupons were still within the train guidelines with the other coupons they sent, then that's OK. I often have riders send extras, they may be early expiries or completely random coupons. As long as they sent coupons from the WLs, the required number of coupons and the correct expiry dates I don't consider these extras as mistakes.
    Last edited by jemwars; Sat, Aug 4th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Another thing I always double check...some riders have coupons on their WLs that expire before the date set for the train.

Some coupons are one time only & don't have more than 1 expiry date. For example I ran trains where I set the expiry date for all coupons as July 15. Many riders still had the $.75 Catelli, good for any Catelli coupon that was only released out west on thier WLs. This particular Catelli expired June 30. In this case I make a note of it when sending back coupons- but I don't consider this an error from the person who sent it. The error was on the part of the person who had it on their WL. The rider receiving that coupon can still use it, it isn't expired by the time they got it, they just didn't have as long to use it.

What I'm trying to say.... is that riders have to keep their lists up to date & take some responsibilty for what they are asking for.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Another thing I always double check...some riders have coupons on their WLs that expire before the date set for the train.

Some coupons are one time only & don't have more than 1 expiry date. For example I ran trains where I set the expiry date for all coupons as July 15. Many riders still had the $.75 Catelli, good for any Catelli coupon that was only released out west on thier WLs. This particular Catelli expired June 30. In this case I make a note of it when sending back coupons- but I don't consider this an error from the person who sent it. The error was on the part of the person who had it on their WL. The rider receiving that coupon can still use it, it isn't expired by the time they got it, they just didn't have as long to use it.

What I'm trying to say.... is that riders have to keep their lists up to date & take some responsibilty for what they are asking for.
    I totally agree ....on the last train I conducted I made a special point of telling riders that if they had something on their wishlist that expired earlier then my "set accepted expiry date" that I would assume that they were ok with earlier expiry date. Riders need to keep their wishlist up to date. Again I'm not saying that I have never had something on my wishlist that expires early... but in this situation I accept the coupon if it is sent, because it was on my wishlist

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I received a VWT train today and most of the coupons were great. However, there were 4 mistakes, each belonging to a different rider. I will not be able to use these coupons. How do I respond to this? Isn't it the responsibility of the conductor to check through these coupons beforehand?

Should I give positives even though it's not what I really asked for or PM the conductor/riders?
    Personally when I conduct trains, I consider it my responsibility to correct errors. It has been brought to my attention twice that I missed errors, which I corrected (and included extras as a sort of apology), because it was my job as the conductor to ensure that each rider received what they were supposed to...

You did pay a BP; pm the conductor
    cally likes this.
    RRLF: Cineplex Passes, Optimum Points (and my sanity...I think I lost it a while back )

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    Sally is no longer a mod on SC. She posted that you should pm Boo now with your trading concerns.
    hmm...I remember when Boo was doing it initially and things got really out of hand. It may be problematic. I think until the drama dies down and things settle down I'm only going to trade with people I know.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I've been thinking the same thing, Insane. Unfortunately I just recently had an upsetting experience on SC and luckily Sally and Jez were still mods and helped me out but until things smooth over I am going to be very picky with who I trade with. It's just wise.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Insane and cally like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I totally agree. The other thing riders need to remember is that if their wish list has several of this type of coupon, along with several coupons that don't exist, they are making the train difficult for everyone concerned....
    gracesmommy and cally like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Thanks for the all the clarification. I will PM the conductor

Also, I didn't know that tidbit regarding having a coupon on your wishlist that expires before the posted expiry date for the train. I always left in mine because I thought the posted date for the train was the most important.
    For example, if I had 0.75 Catelli on my wishlist and the posted expiry date for the train was July 15, then I just left it in my WL just in case a similar coupon but with a later expiry was released that I didn't know about it. I wouldn't want to receive ones that expire end of June. For me, it's a just-in-case thing that I add in. And it would always be on top of the number of known coupons in my WL.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Just to clarify,
    Is it .75 off catelli or a catelli pasta? I have been mistaken on trades a few times and people are not aware.

Page 353 of 450 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 ... LastLast

Thread Information