User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: problems at kelsey's restaurant

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

So we just got back from the most aweful supper at kelseys! am I over reacting or do u agree this is not right?

this is the email I am sending to the company explaining what happened:

Let me start off by saying that we went in to your restaurant to celebrate a special event, We had not been to kelsey's for a little while because we have a small baby. We ordered our meals and from the start nothing went well at all! the server spilt the iced tea on the table never bothered to clean it up, offer napkins or even be around so we could ask for them to clean it up ourselves, So we were left with a very sticky table when we ordered. We ordered the classic balsamic chicken meal and the 9oz steak with fries, we ordered this about 3:45pm and there was maybe 2 other tables occupied in the whole restaurant. at 5:00 I asked them to just box up the meals to go ---we had been waiting an hour and 15 min on a sticky table and a couple other tables came into the restaurant and were served and brought there meals before we had ours. The server brought us the bill very quickly now we had ordered an ice tea and a bud light (ice tea was very warm and was spilt by the server on the table)... for this meal it cost us 49$ which we had no problem paying normally as we were bringing the food home (and it is normally good) and our celebration was already ruined at the restaurant from all this. When we got home not only were the portions not even close to what they normally were there was only 1 chicken breast in the classic balsamic chicken (the menu says it comes with 2) there was maybe 1/2 of a cup of mashed potatoes. The chicken was very burnt and had to be thrown out. As for the steak it was also badly burnt and the fries that came with it were extremely soggy and there were very few of them. (and this is NOT because we had to bring them home we live 5 minutes away). So basically we paid 50$ for this meal of split and warm iced tea, 1 beer, burn chicken, burnt steak, a couple soggy fries and 1/2 a cup of potatoes...That is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! We would have gotten better quality food at mcdonalds! what an insult! 50$ to sit at a sticky table then to be given food that is worst then cheap fast food drive through food. Please reply back to this ASAP! This is the WORST SERVICE/FOOD QUALITY/PORTIONS we have EVER had! We ARE ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY THIS!

What do u all think? would u be upset by this aswell? ok done ranting now thanks for looking =>
    This thread is currently associated with: Kelsey's Restaurant, McDonald's
    Last edited by steen33; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Did you try to talk to the waitstaff or to their superior? I know some people aren't confrontational by nature, but it's almost too late when you leave the place and find out that the food you brought home isn't up to snuff. I would have asked for a clean table and after a decent amount of time, I would have ged down the waiter and asked on the status of our food. Let your feet do the talking next time...go somewhere that wants your business, and don't take bad service laying down.
    Natalka, janetta, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Which Kelseys?
    Where are you located?
    Thx.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

kelseys in cornwall on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Which Kelseys?
    Where are you located?
    Thx.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I do think the email could've been written a bit differently without the shouting in the end but that's just me.
    linnyeg, Natalka, janetta and 3 others like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

No by the time we noticed the food was so aweful we were home already, we looked and looked for the waitstaff and they were no where to be found which is why we were there so long, we almost just got up and walked out... if it wasnt for the fact that we had already ordered drinks we would have --we didnt want to walk out without paying for the drinks. and we did wipe up the mess with napkins we found at an empty table but it was still sticky regardless ---never thought to bring napkins to the bathroom for water to clean it up--- not that i should have had to do that especialy since we were not the ones who spiled it =<

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Did you try to talk to the waitstaff or to their superior? I know some people aren't confrontational by nature, but it's almost too late when you leave the place and find out that the food you brought home isn't up to snuff. I would have asked for a clean table and after a decent amount of time, I would have ged down the waiter and asked on the status of our food. Let your feet do the talking next time...go somewhere that wants your business, and don't take bad service laying down.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Looks like this location has mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.
    Some like it. Some not too happy.

I hope they respond to your e-mail.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One thing to add to complaints: What do you want the company to do for you? If you don't specifically say, "I wish to be reimbursed, or I want gift cards" or whatever you feel is adequate compensation, the company will sometimes say, "Thanks for your input, we will look into it" and leave you empty handed. Also, although I am sure you don't want to say anything nice, I usually start letters with compliments. "We have been to this location in the past, it is our favourite restaurant in the area." And NEVER say "I will never come back." Why would they try to remedy the situation if they have all ready lost you as a customer?
    Last edited by Qtpi; Sun, Aug 12th, 2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: grammer
    2011 Wins: TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" Season 3 box set, Bissell Pro-Heat 2X Upright with a years worth of formula....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by steen33 View Post
    So we just got back from the most aweful supper at kelseys! am I over reacting or do u agree this is not right?

this is the email I sent to the company explaining what happened:

Let me start off by saying that we went in to your restaurant to celebrate a special event, We had not been to kelsey's for a little while because we have a small baby. We ordered our meals and from the start nothing went well at all! the server spilt the iced tea on the table never bothered to clean it up, offer napkins or even be around so we could ask for them to clean it up ourselves, So we were left with a very sticky table when we ordered. We ordered the classic balsamic chicken meal and the 9oz steak with fries, we ordered this about 3:45pm and there was maybe 2 other tables occupied in the whole restaurant. at 5:00 I asked them to just box up the meals to go ---we had been waiting an hour and 15 min on a sticky table and a couple other tables came into the restaurant and were served and brought there meals before we had ours. The server brought us the bill very quickly now we had ordered an ice tea and a bud light (ice tea was very warm and was spilt by the server on the table)... for this meal it cost us 49$ which we had no problem paying normally as we were bringing the food home (and it is normally good) and our celebration was already ruined at the restaurant from all this. When we got home not only were the portions not even close to what they normally were there was only 1 chicken breast in the classic balsamic chicken (the menu says it comes with 2) there was maybe 1/2 of a cup of mashed potatoes. The chicken was very burnt and had to be thrown out. As for the steak it was also badly burnt and the fries that came with it were extremely soggy and there were very few of them. (and this is NOT because we had to bring them home we live 5 minutes away). So basically we paid 50$ for this meal of split and warm iced tea, 1 beer, burn chicken, burnt steak, a couple soggy fries and 1/2 a cup of potatoes...That is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! We would have gotten better quality food at mcdonalds! what an insult! 50$ to sit at a sticky table then to be given food that is worst then cheap fast food drive through food. Please reply back to this ASAP! This is the WORST SERVICE/FOOD QUALITY/PORTIONS we have EVER had! We ARE ABSOLUTELY DISCUSTED BY THIS!
    What do u all think? would u be upset by this aswell? ok done ranting now thanks for looking =>
    I agree with you.You're right to complain.Hope your hear back from Kelseys soon.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You spelled DISGUSTED wrong.
    salady, hello_kitty and Slaney like this.

Trading Score
    412 (100%)

I think that you have every right to be upset but I would use spellcheck and word the end a little better before hitting that "send" button (state what you want for compensation ie: gift cards, apology, etc) The more professional you sound, the more seriously companies will take your feedback.
    Natalka, GoJays, Qtpi and 1 others like this.
    Quickly & Easily Earn FREE $$ or Giftcards with Swagbucks.com

Sasksaver
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

We had the exact same problem in Lloydminster! We ordered drinks, and sat forever, no app, no meals, no staff! I know it's hard to find wait staff, but really, I'm not going to wait for 30 mins for an app that was still cold in the middle!

We left $4 on the table and walked out! Couldn't even find some one to cancel our order! DH was fuming!!
    havent been back since, even though I really crave their cheese dip!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I used to love Kelsey's, but the last time we went the service was horrible and I was sick all night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It sounds like your email is well deserved. Did you point out to the waiter/tress about the spill? Maybe they didn't know it happened? The 1 hour to get food sounds way unnecessary.

A lot of restaurants right now are having trouble finding staff. There is a labour shortage in that industry so restaurants are short staffed and this kind of stuff is what ends up happening when they don't have enough workers to cook the food

I agree with the others, make sure you write that you want a refund. Just a complaint with no explanation of what you want makes it hard for them to know how to fix the situation
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steen33
    Ok, since you did ask...

Your starting point should have been at the restaurant by getting any server's attention and asking for proper service in a polite way, even if you needed to do this several times. By not speaking up while at the location, you did not give anyone the opportunity to rectify the situation whether that be in providing you with better service, or a reduced, or even free meal on the spot.

Since that did not occur, the second item is the email.

Always read, and re-read any complaint email several times before hitting send. Spell check, sentence structure, punctuation, and paragraphs make any body of text easier to read. In addition, you did not tell them what your expectations are regarding the outcome of your complaint; what do you want as compensation?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking personal shots at you for the content of your email, or for being angry and upset about the poor service & food as I completely agree with you that it was unacceptable, but it is always best to step away, read, read again, and then read again before sending (or posting, since this could also apply to forum posts as well).

I certainly hope you do get a resolution that meets your expectations.
    Natalka, janetta, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information