User Tag List

Page 781 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 281 681 731 771 779 780 781 782 783 791 831 881 1281 1781 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,715 of 38250
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We're making a pretty heavy dinner of meatloaf, smashed potatoes and steamed broccoli/cauliflower (hold the cheese sauce).

I am also thinking about whipping up a baked good, but I just don't know. The last time I made cinnamon buns I had over a half dozen in a 24 hour period () - can you say major binge?!
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for lunch i did fish tacos at some take- out joint

2 soft shell and 1 hard shell

it was ok, definately not the authentic mexican stuff.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

This week I have to wind down and fridge/freezer stuff sice we are leaving for 3 wonderful weeks in AZ

Now I'm off to rummage.........

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Oven roasted pot roast & spinach salad....

Name:  pot roast.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  149.2 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Now THAT looks amazing, Loocie!!!! Can I come over please - I'll ditch my meatloaf!
    Hope you're feeling well.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh Loocie! Home cooking at it's best there! Looks delicious!

Well was up quite early, it is all the veg prep that is so time consuming but managed to get DD and my meals made for the week. For her a few servings of cream of broccoli soup ( used Rice Dream milk and thickened with xanthan gum ) for the no dairy version, made many servings of my favourite all veg soup, red cabbage, bok choy, spinach, celery, carrots, onions (thickened with cooked and pureed butternut squash ), then stuffed tri colour peppers, stuffed eggplant and zucchini ( used ground turkey and quinoa with herbs in all of them), topped with GF bread crumbs because now I have small pieces of GF bread to grind into crumbs from the GF Pantry bread mix, hooray I am using my bread maker again!
    The leftover 3 cups quinoa I turned into a " fake " fried rice sort of thing ( she likes) with diced water chestnuts and small bits of diced carrot, used the lowest sodium soy sauce I could find ( very sparingly used just 2 Tblsp ) and a few drops of the sesame oil ( bad I know) but amazing taste and smell.

DD and I also love the ground meat mixture ( turkey, onions and chili powder mainly ) so made lots to fill our GF wraps with. Shredded lactose free cheese, carrots, lettuce and diced a few tomatoes for the wraps too. Made DH and DS there beef version of this and a bit spicier too. Two 9 x12 Shepherd's pies for them as well.
    DH still has his soup to eat up that he made last week, so I made " NO Soup For Him "! ( ah Seinfeld, I miss that show)
    Boiled up fresh beets as a side veg for him and I ( no one else will touch them ), and made a veggie stir fry with tri colour peppers, red onions, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, low sodium soya and a fantastic West Indian ( Matouk's ) hot sauce, just a bit ( wow !)
    Hmmm, what else did I make?? No matter, as usual, no one is going hungry here. Praise God.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Must be a chicken thing happening. I took out some boneless, skinnless chicken thighs and I'm going to make some diablo chicken ...hmmm, been craving chicken for a while now!
    Natalka, harbie, ninna and 3 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Lasagna Hamburger Helper
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

we had pork with gravy, cauliflower, carrots, breaded eggplant (yum!), apple cake,

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well, the Japanese food plan didn't work out for tonight...which was probably just as well since if I eat more beef, I am liable to start mooing. lol. Tomorrow. We'll try that tomorrow.

Tonight ended up being someone else's leftovers. What's that you say? You disgusting person eating someone else's leftovers? Let me explain. My MIL put a big "to-do" for my SIL's birthday for lunch today. Naturally, she waaaaay overdid it (as she always does) and there were leftovers galore. We ended up with the Greek salad and the 7 cheese tortellini from Costco which promptly went into the oven on low and waited til it was supper time. mmmm. It was fantastic.

Best part? Awesome meal and virtually no dishes made dirty in the process (well, at my house, at least).

We skipped dessert tonight at supper because earlier today at lunch there was raspberry cheesecake <sigh> and a cappucino ice cream cake.

I already ran 5km this morning, but had to do an extra 6km walk tonight just to make up for it.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I have a cold and I'm feeling down so I had the most boring supper ever...a cup of soup. So pathetic lol.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh Loocie! Home cooking at it's best there! Looks delicious!

Well was up quite early, it is all the veg prep that is so time consuming but managed to get DD and my meals made for the week. For her a few servings of cream of broccoli soup ( used Rice Dream milk and thickened with xanthan gum ) for the no dairy version, made many servings of my favourite all veg soup, red cabbage, bok choy, spinach, celery, carrots, onions (thickened with cooked and pureed butternut squash ), then stuffed tri colour peppers, stuffed eggplant and zucchini ( used ground turkey and quinoa with herbs in all of them), topped with GF bread crumbs because now I have small pieces of GF bread to grind into crumbs from the GF Pantry bread mix, hooray I am using my bread maker again!
    The leftover 3 cups quinoa I turned into a " fake " fried rice sort of thing ( she likes) with diced water chestnuts and small bits of diced carrot, used the lowest sodium soy sauce I could find ( very sparingly used just 2 Tblsp ) and a few drops of the sesame oil ( bad I know) but amazing taste and smell.

DD and I also love the ground meat mixture ( turkey, onions and chili powder mainly ) so made lots to fill our GF wraps with. Shredded lactose free cheese, carrots, lettuce and diced a few tomatoes for the wraps too. Made DH and DS there beef version of this and a bit spicier too. Two 9 x12 Shepherd's pies for them as well.
    DH still has his soup to eat up that he made last week, so I made " NO Soup For Him "! ( ah Seinfeld, I miss that show)
    Boiled up fresh beets as a side veg for him and I ( no one else will touch them ), and made a veggie stir fry with tri colour peppers, red onions, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, low sodium soya and a fantastic West Indian ( Matouk's ) hot sauce, just a bit ( wow !)
    Hmmm, what else did I make?? No matter, as usual, no one is going hungry here. Praise God.
    Holly crap! It makes me tired and full just reading this.

We had veggie chicken burgers, canned chilli (because I had no onions to stew with the regular beans), frozen mac & cheese, and spinach. There is enough for tomorrow's dinner too, if dh doesn't find it in the fridge tomorrow. I should be safe. I've hidden those huge dishes behind the margarine. He'll never find it.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Tonight will be International Night . I'll be using up the leftover Danish meatballs from last night along with some taters, rice,grilled zucchini and whatever else I can find

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Not sure about tonight...either roasted veggie soft tacos or stir fry...depends how I feel when I get home

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ninna - we get 'somebody elses' leftovers too, once in a while. It's what happens sometimes when you have a big family...

Oooo xox, breaded eggplant, I have a craving for that now!

Last night my chicken spoke to me, and said she wanted to be made like my mom used to make once in a while - cut in pieces, dredged in flour, fried in butter/oil just til outsides are crispy, then put in roaster with lots of sliced onion, then pour in and scrape all the goodies from the frying pan overtop, and bake for about 40 minutes til done. Not low cal, but oh so yummy. Served with rice - mixing in the onions and juice in the roaster; guys had cuc and onion in sour cream salad, I had leftover marinated veggies.

Thread Information