User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: what do you do with the $ you save from couponing?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I track what I save, and make extra mortgage payments. I've also bought myself little bits and pieces here and there (not very good at spending money on myself, which a lot of people on here wouldn't see as a problem, I'm sure!).
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Screamy thanks for sharing...paying down the mortgage is definately a + if you can afford to do it. Splurging on oneself is important once in a while. Great job!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a set amount for groceries every week. If I use coupons, I keep to this limit. The money saved just keeps my overall grocery bill in check. Every week prices seem to rise, so every coupon helps.
    DianneS likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sorry alfredblyth NO designer clothes coupons here in CANADA (lol) but I do agree with cdngal75 & alfredblyth it seems every week the prices continue to slowly (snail) higher and higher. thanks both for sharing.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm trying to put the $ aside that I have been saving in the last couple of months aside for Christmas.
    coupon girl likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yep, couponing just stretches my budget (family of five, two dogs and a kitty to feed!)
    We work full time and I am in university part time(which is $$$).
    Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I have a set amount for groceries every week. If I use coupons, I keep to this limit. The money saved just keeps my overall grocery bill in check. Every week prices seem to rise, so every coupon helps.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use it to take each July off work.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Goes to paying bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesemicolonel View Post
    Word.
    Me three!! Money is very tight so if I didn't coupon/price match we wouldn't be able to afford groceries, health and beauty. The money we save goes towards making ends meet.

Although I was allowed to "purchase" a camera from SDM using points this month and I used my birthday money I should be getting any time now to pay for the taxes. DH said it was my reward for being so awsome.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

that's fantastic vesper you must have a great tan by mid July?

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I use it to take each July off work.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

new camera (lucky ducky)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Me three!! Money is very tight so if I didn't coupon/price match we wouldn't be able to afford groceries, health and beauty. The money we save goes towards making ends meet.

Although I was allowed to "purchase" a camera from SDM using points this month and I used my birthday money I should be getting any time now to pay for the taxes. DH said it was my reward for being so awsome.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

What a great thread! Everyone who coupons is really seeing how it makes a difference in their lives. I find that by couponing there is extra money in the account at month end, which goes into the saving account for major/unexpected purchases. Besides spending less money on groceries for my family since I started this, I am able share/give away bags of groceries to others in the family and friends. I also love my "mini mart" in the basement. Definitely fun to shop there!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seeing everyone else's plans for what they do with saved money using coupons makes me feel like I don't have a goal!
    If I didn't coupon, I wouldn't buy...plain and simple....with coupons we get to treat ourselves once in a while, or try different brands I normally wouldn't buy because of the price

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I love the mini-mart (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    What a great thread! Everyone who coupons is really seeing how it makes a difference in their lives. I find that by couponing there is extra money in the account at month end, which goes into the saving account for major/unexpected purchases. Besides spending less money on groceries for my family since I started this, I am able share/give away bags of groceries to others in the family and friends. I also love my "mini mart" in the basement. Definitely fun to shop there!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sounds like you do have a goal, you get to treat yourselves once in a while otherwise you wouldn't be able to - that's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by joseff View Post
    Seeing everyone else's plans for what they do with saved money using coupons makes me feel like I don't have a goal!
    If I didn't coupon, I wouldn't buy...plain and simple....with coupons we get to treat ourselves once in a while, or try different brands I normally wouldn't buy because of the price
    joseff likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

What do I do with the money that I save? I keep my butt out of debt. I'm working 20 hours a week on a minimum hourly wage, and go to university full-time. My boyfriend started a new job so he's at the bottom of the ladder right now. The money that I save is not put aside for anything, it just keeps me at the neutral level where I'm not in too much overdraft/credit card debt. When I do graduate and start my career, I'll use the money that I save to pay off my student loans (about $15K) since I'll be making 2-3 times what I make now. I also need to pay off my 2006 Honda Civic (have 2 years of financing left). Then it'll be all about putting the money on the side to buy a house and start a little family
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information