User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Dogs in Stores???

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think it depends.

Overall, I'd say dogs shouldn't be in stores. Not just because of sanitary issues, but because some dogs don't do well with carts and people going by them.

BUT, I like the idea of dog friendly areas. I wouldn't mind a plaza with stores that allow pets, especially if there is a pet store in the plaza.

Size of dog doesn't matter. In my personal experience, smaller dogs actually tend to be more destructive than bigger dogs (and I'm not saying all small dogs, just the ones I've met). As long as they are trained and good with people and noise, I've got no issues with them.

But really, it's not dogs, it's owners. People need to be conscious of their surroundings and take into account other customers issues (allergies, fears, etc.).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Store should be service animals only. You start allowing dogs, then it will be rabbits and some idiot will take it farther and bring in their pet snake. I don't see why people can't leave their animals at home.
    ryry, Natalka, GoJays and 5 others like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by dietfrog View Post
    I have to disagree here.
    If a store sells animal products like home outfitters does (dog clothes, beds, pet products, strollers) then yes I think you should be allowed to bring your dog. At my local homeoutfitters theres actually a store dog stroller for you to use.

I would much rather someone bring their dog into a store, than leave it in a hot car.
    Sometimes people have to stop places, while traveling with their dogs.

I dont agree with them going to grocery stores, but malls, and big department stores I dont see a problem with that. As long as the dog is well behaved and trained not to go inside, then that should be fine.
    then by that same logic, if a dog owner has allergies to cats, or just a plain aversion to them... they can't complain when my fluffy fat cat and I waltz into a store

BTW if they're stupid enough to leave a dog in a hot car, they shouldn't be allowed to own them nor call themselves a dog lover If you're in that much of a hurry that you can't stop at home and drop your PET off please don't bring it with you in the first place. Its a privilege not a right to own a PET. While they may be your fur baby they are still a PET and unfortunately do not carry the same rights as my child (who by the way is terribly afraid of any size dog).

I also want to add the biggest thing I for one would not like a dog or cat in home outfitters or winners or home sense etc. No offense, but some dogs/cats have fleas (and ya some pet owners don't really notice right away).. Just sayin'
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Tue, Jul 2nd, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Allergies alone is not a reason to prevent peeps from taking their pets.. lots of us are allergic to perfumes, after shave etc..so peeps who wear that would have to be banned as well..

I can see more stores especially trendy higher end stores permitting this as peeps seem to be opting not to have kids and have furbabies instead.

I love my dogs but I wouldn't take them shopping, they wouldnt enjoy it.. I wouldnt like to have a dog approach me while shopping but it wouldnt bother me if I saw one in the store..

You seem to have a really strong feeling about it.. best thing to do is write a note to the store owner and then take your $$ elsewhere.. if nothing else it will help you feel better.. I did that with Canadian Tire 2 years ago. They don't miss my dollars but it makes me feel better :o)
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

One time my dad brought our dalmatian into our local country convenience store . He could not fathom why the clerk had a problem with it! He is one of those people who doesn't quite grasp that dogs don't belong everywhere.
    ryry likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Well I have to say all of these rabbit stories are cracking me up!! I think we tried to put a leash on my (now deceased) rabbit and she wasn't having any of it LOL

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:13 AM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

for the record humans carry all the things that dogs do and the things that happen in change stalls and bathrooms is nasty as they do not always make it to the toilet. Also I come from Europe and the culture here is different in many ways including this. Dogs are a common site it some places. People do not complain like this. As per people with allergy.. lots of people have them for many things and you cant ban everything that someone might be allergic to. Not to mention that people with pets will carry traces of them on there clothing.... That can trigger an allergic reaction.
    Last edited by idonovan; Tue, Jul 2nd, 2013 at 10:54 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  alice-and-snake.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  40.2 KB

now if I saw this guy and his snake while shopping I'd be a happy Penguin....
    ryry, lecale, xox2010 and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

One of my problems with dog/child interactions* is that both can be unpredictable.

I'd hate one of my children to be bitten by a dog, being friendly or not...but I'd feel bad for the dog too..especially if the owner is rather laissez-faire about the run up to the bite. I'd hate some-one's pet to be removed and possibly put to sleep due to the lack or responsible care by it's human.

*dog/adult interactions in the main tend not to be so unpredictable as adults can force themselves to react in a more calm manner than a child can be expected too.
    ryry, xox2010 and oscarandme like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The only thing that annoys me is that stores and people in general think it is ok if people have a tiny dog in a bag or cage or just with them in the store, well being i do not have a tiny dog, i feel why is that ok but i cant bring in my 80-100lb dog.. Especially when small dogs are much more likely to bite than a large dog. The damage of a big dog may be more, but there is far far less bites than small dogs. If no dogs than no dogs, not some sizes are ok.(obvios service animlas not included!) I was at tim hortons (diff locations) and the store allowed the patron to have a small dog on the seat with them, feeding the dog off the table. When we spoke to manager she thought it was fine.
    I love dogs, and typically more than most people I have met in my life. I do wish we had more dog friendly places, like they do in Europe and USA. With saying that I rarely even take my dogs in to pet stores, its not my dogs im concerned about, it is the other people..
    pippinelkhound, ryry and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    One of my problems with dog/child interactions* is that both can be unpredictable.

I'd hate one of my children to be bitten by a dog, being friendly or not...but I'd feel bad for the dog too..especially if the owner is rather laissez-faire about the run up to the bite. I'd hate some-one's pet to be removed and possibly put to sleep due to the lack or responsible care by it's human.

*dog/adult interactions in the main tend not to be so unpredictable as adults can force themselves to react in a more calm manner than a child can be expected too.
    I absolutely agree.
    The kids were walking one day with and someone was walking their dog off leash. The dog ran over to them, it's owner yelled its okay he is friendly, the dog growled at my oldest and scared the crap out of him. They were lucky it was not my youngest because he would have kicked the dog.
    ryry, Ciel and xox2010 like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I think this can be taken into a much broader arena...the rights of all individuals only go as far as the next individual. So when your rights violate another persons rights they (your rights) have gone too far. I think this could be seen as a issue in larger society, a disrespect/disregard for other individuals.

I think as a society we have lost a common respect for people.....showing a little respect to others could go a long way.
    ex0ticb3lla, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh my goodness!!! You win! That is crazy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    How about the best one yet. I was on the packed TTC bus the other night and this girl had her huge dog sitting in the seat beside her...There were seniors and people with bags of groceries standing yet her and her dog got to take up two seats for one fare.

Most places in Toronto allow dogs in the store. Winners allows it and has a sign in front of the food section that says animals are not allowed past that point.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I'm going to disagree with just about everyone. I love dogs, and I have a very lovely large breed. She goes alot of places with me, because she has high energy, hate staying at home alone and loves to meet people. I really dont care what other people think because my dog is probably better behaved than most peoples children.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information