User Tag List

Page 139 of 613 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    .... My offers today included 500 points for Goldfish crackers. I bought 10 (ten!!) bags two weeks ago. Do they believe I've run out already? lol
    Not targeted particularly to you, have seen this type of comment several times in this thread, but yours was just placed conviently

One thing to remember, is that whatever algorithms the program uses to determine what offers members should get are likely based on typical shoppers. And many members of SC are not typical shoppers, in the sense of how much people stock up on. Although many members of SC have stock piles (large or small), the average grocery shopper does not. So while a member of SC might buy 10 of an item that is on for a really good price, to see the family through for a few months, an average grocery shopper might buy one or two. Therefore, the program does not yet recognize that your shopping habits include stocking up on items only a few times a year, as opposed to buying the same type of item on a weekly, or every second or third week cycle. I don't know if the algorithm will ever recognize that type of pattern.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another crappy week of offers for me. My bonus offer is the Blue Menu soup... wow, what a great way to encourage me to spend more. So far I haven't benefited from PC Plus unless there is an instore offer. Maybe if we spent more that $40 a week on groceries? Or if we started eating the unhealthy, processed food instead of just produce and meats? I'm sure they'd even appreciate if we started spending some of our million points.
    ROMEO likes this.
    Soon to be new mom that loves sharing deals on natural and organic products.

Ask me about Glow Bug Cloth Diapers!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm o.k. with the offers I got this week, but now I will have to scour for lower prices in the other flyers to price match at RCSS to earn those PCpoints. It is a dance and my knees are sore.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I'm o.k. with the offers I got this week, but now I will have to scour for lower prices in the other flyers to price match at RCSS to earn those PCpoints. It is a dance and my knees are sore.
    I hope you have some meds, potions, lotions or heat/cold for your knees.
    ((hugs))

hope this does not stop you from "dancing"
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Not targeted particularly to you, have seen this type of comment several times in this thread, but yours was just placed conviently

One thing to remember, is that whatever algorithms the program uses to determine what offers members should get are likely based on typical shoppers. And many members of SC are not typical shoppers, in the sense of how much people stock up on. Although many members of SC have stock piles (large or small), the average grocery shopper does not. So while a member of SC might buy 10 of an item that is on for a really good price, to see the family through for a few months, an average grocery shopper might buy one or two. Therefore, the program does not yet recognize that your shopping habits include stocking up on items only a few times a year, as opposed to buying the same type of item on a weekly, or every second or third week cycle. I don't know if the algorithm will ever recognize that type of pattern.
    Great post. Yes, it's a 'puter and computers can be manipulated by a Smart Canuck, who figures out the system, and works the system to their advantage.

Let the games begin!
    panda bear likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have 400 PC points for Crest tp....it is on sale for $1 at RCSS and i have the $1 off coupons........so stocking up!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steph13 View Post
    I have 400 PC points for Crest tp....it is on sale for $1 at RCSS and i have the $1 off coupons........so stocking up!
    you just proved my post. WTG.
    computers can be manipulated by a Smart Canuck, who figures out the system, and works the system to their advantage.
    innaor likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I wonder how much companies pay in advertising fees to be included in the PC Plus offers?

There's a reason why you always see Buitoni Pizza and not Dr. Oetker or McCain
    Tropicana and not Simply Orange or Oasis

I'm guessing advertising is that reason.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I wonder how much companies pay in advertising fees to be included in the PC Plus offers?

There's a reason why you always see Buitoni Pizza and not Dr. Oetker or McCain
    Tropicana and not Simply Orange or Oasis

I'm guessing advertising is that reason.
    You're on to them.
    Shhhhh.

Natalka, Ciel, panda bear and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wish they'd have a freaking uniform policy! They gave them to you that easily? For me, they wanted ME to give them an itemized list of every single item I purchased, with amounts and everything, and to do the math for THEM.

I wonder if my account has been fla gged for multiple complaints (even though I wouldn't have to complain if points weren't missing every time)

im not gonna lie, i thought your card might have been blacklisted based on how your inquiries were being handled
    Ciel, panda bear and torontogal12 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am just so frustrated with this program. I just got my reminder e-mail to load my offers, so I logged into the website and it said, we have not seen you for awhile so I have no offers this week. I also have apparently a points balance of zero. What the heck? I log in every week and load my points, and I shop there at least twice a week. I have never redeemed my points, and in the e-mail is does show what looks to be an accurate points balance.

I am hoping the website is just being updated or something, as there is just no way I am contacting them again about another issue. I'd rather chuck my card and be done with it at this point.

Argh, sorry to be so whiny!
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Nothing fascinating in today's offers-did get points offer for Simply Orange Juice, Nordica Cottage cheese and a few other things (that cucumber!). During the week, a 2000 points for every $10 on deli or cheese offer came up.
    Have managed to not use my card since Feb. 28-took off the key tag and parked the card in storage.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think so too. Looks like I gotta Blacklist them right? I used to go there much, much more often (my card has been swiped 50+ times since May), but now I don't go unless there is an offer I can't refuse. And the reason is this crappy treatment.

Don't go to No Frills or Superstore either. I can get my good meat at the butcher, don't need to go out of my way to Loblaw$.

I sometimes see Galen Weston at my Loblaws. He shops there. Never gone up to him, but if I see him again, I'll make sure to tell him about this crappy program and the crappy experiences I have at his stores in general. But that means I'd have to go there lol. I doubt he cares but I'd want to see how he handles it

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    im not gonna lie, i thought your card might have been blacklisted based on how your inquiries were being handled
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Mar 7th, 2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Not whiny! Join our club, sister!

This "program" is unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by lindseyc View Post
    I am just so frustrated with this program. I just got my reminder e-mail to load my offers, so I logged into the website and it said, we have not seen you for awhile so I have no offers this week. I also have apparently a points balance of zero. What the heck? I log in every week and load my points, and I shop there at least twice a week. I have never redeemed my points, and in the e-mail is does show what looks to be an accurate points balance.

I am hoping the website is just being updated or something, as there is just no way I am contacting them again about another issue. I'd rather chuck my card and be done with it at this point.

Argh, sorry to be so whiny!
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Wow...so sorry to hear about your bad experiences! I don't shop much at RCSS but when I do, I try to buy the stuff with the PC points attached to it. My best was the 60pts for Azami 110g noodle packages for $.38 each...made moola on that...(I know...unhealthy sodium content on them but it's not like we eat them everday....almost...lol). Also like the 20/$1 deli meat (we love Mortadella)...and 1,200/Tropicana juice.
    I think so too. Looks like I gotta Blacklist them right? I used to go there much, much more often (my card has been swiped 50+ times since May), but now I don't go unless there is an offer I can't refuse. And the reason is this crappy treatment.

Don't go to No Frills or Superstore either. I can get my good meat at the butcher, don't need to go out of my way to Loblaw$.

I sometimes see Galen Weston at my Loblaws. He shops there. Never gone up to him, but if I see him again, I'll make sure to tell him about this crappy program and the crappy experiences I have at his stores in general. But that means I'd have to go there lol. I doubt he cares but I'd want to see how he handles it

Page 139 of 613 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast

Thread Information