User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: To Post or Not to Post

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have kept many deals to myself over the last year. I have become very aware that this is a public forum and that many people who read the posts are not members. Couponing has changed a lot in the last couple of years and not for the better.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

All I know is that there was a popular free deal posted here a few months ago from target, I went there straight away hoping to get one or two items for free.

Got there, shelf was cleared.

While doing my nightly browsing of SC, I saw in the brags forum, someone from London bragging about how they bought 30 of the item and got them all free. Just irked me a little, I only wanted one or two, but there's always someone that will shelf clear.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    All I know is that there was a popular free deal posted here a few months ago from target, I went there straight away hoping to get one or two items for free.

While doing my nightly browsing of SC, I saw in the brags forum, someone from London bragging about how they bought 30 of the item and got them all free. Just irked me a little, I only wanted one or two, but there's always someone that will shelf clear.
    That happened to me at target in london with the free scope. Went early in the morning and were all gone. Just wanted a few. It sucks when that happens. I find with target now that a lot of the clearance items are gone at 30% off???so never available at a price I am willing to pay anymore. I will admit I have been bad with the crest toothpaste..I have about 40 to donate to 3 different places, but I got the coupons at different locations over a couple week location and I bought the toothpaste for free at different locations also over a period of a few weeks, with the exception of buying 24 a week ago during no tax day and with a point offer making $.50 per tube which I wouldn't have bought that many otherwise, but there were plenty left so didn't clear shelf and gave some away to patient customer in line. So while I occasionally I buy a big quantity so something but don't clear shelves. You do get to a point where you don't have to buy large quantities of things very often because you have a stockpile at home and it becomes wasteful to keep buying no matter how cheap something is.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm new here and enjoy the deals that are shared. You are teaching me well and I am starting to see them myself. I am feeling uneasy about some things I see. It's great but how long can it last at this rate. There is a limit.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Thanks so much for the responses everyone!

I was feeling guilty for not sharing such a great deal, so it's nice to know that others can see it the way I do. I'll hold off posting a brag for a couple of weeks
    No need to feel guilty at all!! Being a local store, you do not want to ruin it for yourself or for family/friends..as others have said, unfortunately there is too much disrespect reguarding printing coupons and clearing shelves.. would love to hear about it in the future though
    hollyquaiscer and luckbealady like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish all stores would start limiting how much a customer can buy and somehow enforce it so they cant keep coming back. It really does suck if you go out of your way to buy a couple items on sale, and the shelf is empty. It also sucks when the shelf is "empty" but while the disrespectful people are clearing it, they knock over the products around it. Saturday I went to superstore and the $0.88 toothpaste was gone, and the isle had random toothpaste brands/types scattered all over the floor and shelves.

Not a fan of seeing the brags here where they have a table full of one product, or they say how they had to take a bunch of trips because of the limit the store put on items per customer.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by soulchief View Post
    I wish all stores would start limiting how much a customer can buy and somehow enforce it so they cant keep coming back. It really does suck if you go out of your way to buy a couple items on sale, and the shelf is empty. It also sucks when the shelf is "empty" but while the disrespectful people are clearing it, they knock over the products around it. Saturday I went to superstore and the $0.88 toothpaste was gone, and the isle had random toothpaste brands/types scattered all over the floor and shelves.

Not a fan of seeing the brags here where they have a table full of one product, or they say how they had to take a bunch of trips because of the limit the store put on items per customer.
    I think coupon limits are a good thing - I think 4 like coupons per transaction is just fine (less than that does seem a tad bit harsh). But my issue is more with the attitude of people who decide to hassle cashiers when they try to enforce limits, or get fussy when cashiers have to check with management. I was raised to be polite and respectful to everyone - if a cashier needs to check my coupon with management, I always smile and let them know I appreciate them checking, because I'd rather they check and know for sure, then have someone give them a fake coupon and get in trouble for it later. And unfortunately those rude people make stores less inclined to take coupons.

I just wanted to put this out there, in case people are reading this thread and feel that we are talking bad about them because they got 30+ items for free - this thread was about how posting on a public forum can bring out the bad couponers, and if it's sometimes better not to post, even if you want the honest couponers to get in on the deal. As far as the brags go - I don't really read the brags too often any more. As long as people are being honest by the way they are getting their items (and preferably not shelf clearing), then I personally have no issues with how many items they get.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post

Same thing happened to me last week with the Inkjoy pens. I drive by two target stores on my way to work and stopped in at both (the 2nd because the 1st had been cleared) and both had been cleared out. This was at 930 so someone or someones had cleared the shelves first thing in the morning on the first day of the sale (confirmed by staff). Made me sad.

On another note I was at shoppers drug mart last week and they had examples of fraudulent coupons taped by the cash, I couldnt believe it. A fake $20 P&G diaper coupon and some other high value coupons that I knew were fake. Some people ruin it for everyone.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I have a different view, if you got what you needed, what does it matter if others or lurkers see it. There are always going to be those type of people around.

I figure if a brag helps atleast one person, that just might be the one that really needs to stock-up on this deal and can concentrate on other items and save that money to put towards something else.

I understand the reluctancy and it s totally up to the member pondering to post or not but I will share as soon as I see and so fast that I am making mistakes (you can all attest to..sorry....yuk... but the spirit is there, I'll work on the accuracy.

About couponers:
    I talked to a few cashiers, one is as easy going as they come and some couponers argue an scream at her because she will not take epired coupons, another was using another years high-value coupons and she changed the year and was arguing they were legitimate. I said I will pass it along because no doubt they are out there but the more you do this, the tighter they will get about our savings.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Thu, Sep 4th, 2014 at 06:13 AM.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Agree, To add.... if we all start keeping all deals we find to our selves.... whats the point of this site honestly? Its only fair to help others, if you have found help from others postings.... they to didn't have too post their deal out of fears.....
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    I have a different view, if you got what you needed, what does it matter if others or lurkers see it. There are always going to be those type of people around.

I figure if a brag helps atleast one person, that just might be the one that really needs to stock-up on this deal and can concentrate on other items and save that money to put towards something else.

I understand the reluctancy and it s totally up to the member pondering to post or not but I will share as soon as I see and so fast that I am making mistakes (you can all attest to..sorry....yuk... but the spirit is there, I'll work on the accuracy.

About couponers:
    I talked to a few cashiers, one is as easy going as they come and some couponers argue an scream at her because she will not take epired coupons, another was using another years high-value coupons and she changed the year and was arguing they were legitimate. I said I will pass it along because no doubt they are out there but the more you do this, the tighter they will get about our savings.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It is only by reading this threads that I become aware of these deals. I didn't know about the scope or ink-joy deals. Not that my life is over by not getting in on them but it would have been nice to maybe get a couple if at all possible. But I completely understand not posting deals because of people taking advantage of them and clearing shelves. Posting a deal has become a double-edged sword. Sigh, what to do?
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I agree with the OP that it can be a tough call and it is disheartening to sometimes feel like you shouldn't have posted a deal. However, when it comes to the InkJoy pens, Target has a limit of four identical coupons per customer per day. The store didn't enforce the limit and therefore disappointed many other shoppers. Both the couponer and the store were at fault. I am a big Target fan but it annoys me when any store contributes to the problem. Every store has the right to limit quantities and they should do it more often, whether they are Walmart, Target, Safeway or anyone else. It's better to tell one customer that they can't have 95% of your stock than to tell 99% of your customers that you sold out to a few shelf-clearers. That's just intelligent customer service.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Sep 7th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Love this thread actually!

It all depends on the deal - how good it is, how long it is on for.

If its a really good deal, and its on for a long time then generally no.

If its like a one week sale and I've gotten enough that my immediate and extended family can use then yes I will post it.
    luckbealady likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So now that some time has passed, and the stock in the store is down to enough that people couldn't go crazy even if they wanted to - I'll post what the deal was (for those that were curious).

RCSS in Chatham had Pantene dry shampoo (and very likely regular shampoo) in a big bin for $1.94 - free with the $2 smartsource print coupon.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/390720-...a/#post6066815

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hey if you find a deal, enjoy. I think it's wonderful. I have found that from this site I am able to look and see a great deal. I don't need 20 plus of any product. I've started a stock pile but it's within reason. If I can get something at an incredible price than what the hey. There have been things I've learned from school. I grab 3-4 items and I'm happy. There is always another good deal. I did get 16 cans of the chef boyardee and didn't feel right getting any more. That said I have no problem with anyone who did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information