User Tag List

Page 224 of 654 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@LisaLisaBoBisa I read a thread today where cyclists were complaining that it's pedestrians who are not careful!!! Are you kidding me? I have to be careful on a green light to watch out for freaking cyclists who plow through the crosswalk when they have the red, and I'm the one who isn't careful?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

TLC show Epic Meal Empire. What a freaking waste of food when people are starving!
    Natalka, Ciel and emg like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    @LisaLisaBoBisa I read a thread today where cyclists were complaining that it's pedestrians who are not careful!!! Are you kidding me? I have to be careful on a green light to watch out for freaking cyclists who plow through the crosswalk when they have the red, and I'm the one who isn't careful?
    I don't see how that's possible.. We don't walk on the road and have to obey our traffic lights in order to not get hit by a car - so maybe they should obey traffic signals as well and we'd be fine.. what they fail to add is that they don't feel like the red lights are for them - they (as someone mentioned) want to be a vehicle on the road but also use crosswalks? UGH!!!
    Last edited by LisaLisaBoBisa; Thu, Nov 13th, 2014 at 01:11 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So annoyed at ups right now. My aunt from north carolina sent me a very crucial package on express post which i need for saturday. The package had my buzzer number AND cell phone number on it but the ups person doesnt bother calling both and left a yellow slip downstairs on wednesday. Today i was checking my parcel online and it said he tried to come but the buzzer number didnt work?????? I called ups office and they said they cant do anything about it and I'll have to wait to recieve it. Not only have I wasted 2 days sitting at home waiting for the dumb thing!!! I neeeeed that package before saturday ugh
    c_mcarthur, Ciel, Decaf and 1 others like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cashier at Walmart kept at me to sign up for a Walmart MasterCard even though I said no thank you twice. He seemed a bit uptight I didn't sign up for one. My choice!
    Ciel likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    What if you go over their head with the school trustee? That's bullying I thought schools were trying to reduce that? That's awful, so sorry to your DD.
    im working on something. i got a few people who have a lot of pull on my side and they are not impressed with those who handled this crap.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

This is fun... Sad stuff on facebook.. I mean why on earth all the sad posts? If it's not a dying child it's an abused one - or a mother dying in childbirth? Just sad stuff - can we find stories about people who got promotions or won the lottery or something uplifting?
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Pedestrians might want to get some helmets and GoPro cameras>cellphones must have a way to run recordings while alighting from public transit. If car dashboard cams are helping to put TTC buses on notice about running reds on social media sites, social media cams could do the same for cyclists not obeying the HTA.
    torontogal12-the audio/cellphone cyclist-scary situation! The worst I saw in downtown was a cyclist next to a skateboarder-teens>both of whom yelled verbal abuse at middle-aged couple on the downward stretch of Yonge southbound because the cyclist and boarder both expected PEDESTRIANS on the sidewalk to part like the Red Sea before they came through. Boarder actually shoved at the man from behind.
    I think the cyclists are taking advantage of the lowlight levels and shorter days to scoot around without much reprimand because many pedestrians just want to get to their destinations with the least fuss possible. Just waiting for another Darcy Shepherd type incident to bring cyclist/car conflict stories back into the press/tv news stations but with pedestrian casualities.
    francine1985 and torontogal12 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

A rant about misleading advertising... I went to Payless today because they advertised "Entire Boot Stock up to 50% off". I was looking at the boots and an employee approached me and asked if I needed help. I asked her if the boots I was looking at were 50% off. She said no, that only some boots were on sale. Not sure why they would advertise the words ENTIRE STOCK if only a handful of boots were on sale. And of those that were on sale it was for a lot less than -50%. I asked her to show me which boots were actually 50% off. She took me down an aisle and said "well actually it's just this one pair..." Are you kidding me?! An email and big signs advertising ENTIRE STOCK OF BOOTS 50% OFF when in reality it was 1 pair? Wow talk about misleading advertising. Even if it's technically legal it definitely says something about how Payless does business.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Agreed!!! Payless is overpriced and never has a great selection.. I hate their narrow isles and entire setup.. SHOES on display in the box? Tacky...

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    A rant about misleading advertising... I went to Payless today because they advertised "Entire Boot Stock up to 50% off". I was looking at the boots and an employee approached me and asked if I needed help. I asked her if the boots I was looking at were 50% off. She said no, that only some boots were on sale. Not sure why they would advertise the words ENTIRE STOCK if only a handful of boots were on sale. And of those that were on sale it was for a lot less than -50%. I asked her to show me which boots were actually 50% off. She took me down an aisle and said "well actually it's just this one pair..." Are you kidding me?! An email and big signs advertising ENTIRE STOCK OF BOOTS 50% OFF when in reality it was 1 pair? Wow talk about misleading advertising. Even if it's technically legal it definitely says something about how Payless does business.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Oh ya UPS did the exact same thing to me...with my wedding shoes. I had to go out and buy an emergency pair of shoes in gold (couldn't find any white in my size, which is why I ordered online in the first place) and then had to get my dress altered 4 days before the wedding so I wouldn't trip on it. Why? Because they didn't bother to check the apartment number on the package. I never buy from a place that ships UPS because they've been nothing but awful
    Quote Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post
    So annoyed at ups right now. My aunt from north carolina sent me a very crucial package on express post which i need for saturday. The package had my buzzer number AND cell phone number on it but the ups person doesnt bother calling both and left a yellow slip downstairs on wednesday. Today i was checking my parcel online and it said he tried to come but the buzzer number didnt work?????? I called ups office and they said they cant do anything about it and I'll have to wait to recieve it. Not only have I wasted 2 days sitting at home waiting for the dumb thing!!! I neeeeed that package before saturday ugh
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You should Google them and share those.

And that's another reason I don't go on Facebook anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    This is fun... Sad stuff on facebook.. I mean why on earth all the sad posts? If it's not a dying child it's an abused one - or a mother dying in childbirth? Just sad stuff - can we find stories about people who got promotions or won the lottery or something uplifting?
    LisaLisaBoBisa likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I had my teeth cleaned yesterday , the hygienist was brutal had the biggest headache after. Decided to get a glass of wine afterwards. Bad choice apparently, my gums started profusely bleeding and wouldn't stop for about 2 hours later. Teeth are still sore this morning
    Ciel, toban, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    Agreed!!! Payless is overpriced and never has a great selection.. I hate their narrow isles and entire setup.. SHOES on display in the box? Tacky...
    Plus half the shoes have clearly been worn outside and they'll try to tell you the mud on the bottom is from people walking around in them in the store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Same with Cleo, was walking by their store and they have huge signs 40% off EVERYTHING. Went in and have a look, only few selected items are 40% off. Some are regular price and sale item are excluded...what a waste of time.
    Ciel and Mags like this.

Thread Information