User Tag List

Page 255 of 654 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

For some reason reply with quote is not working.

Cata, I have tried to google it many times but for some reason I cannot figure it out. I guess I am too technically incompetent.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I decided this year to buy a WARM winter coat, I haven't had one since before high school(I usually go for the nice fashionable looking coats that look good but aren't warm), but I can't find one for a resonable price that I like that fits. Ladies clothing stores are all to big, and the teen/young women stores doesn't have anything warmer than I have now. Guess I get to freeze for another winter.
    You might find something nice looking and functional at places like Eddie Bauer or Marks Work Warehouse. I was in SportChek yesterday and they were starting to sell off some of their winter wear, tho you'd still pay a lot for the likes of North Face.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Oh no! Good luck; hope the dentist can fix it sufficiently for you. What a nuisance, eh?
    thanks - he removed the half that broke - clean break so now I have half of a tooth.
    I am looking for health insurance but to get any plan that includes dental/root canal its only covered 50%. time to save money
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ate a piece of chocolate cake after dinner. Bad idea! Let's just say I had to run to the bathroom.. you don't need the details. I believe I have an issue with gluten (for a long time now). Should have known better but that cake was calling my name. Lesson learned.
    Ciel, GoJays, Candini and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Oh, @anastasia1009 ! Every time I see the word crown in regards to dental services, I keep remembering the $3K amount I was quoted a decade ago.

It's not just sweets with hard pieces-some prepared foods might have a harder than usual ingredient and when you bite down and get resistance, you know something is wrong. I should try the water test on the next hard bite of food that gets my teeth!
    anastasia1009 and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'm worried I'll have an issue with DD's party, this year..
    She's only had 1 big party (and by big..I mean, HUGE, because my in-laws hosted it, and invited everyone they knew..and they're Filipino...so they seem to know EVERYONE lol, and DH's family was here from Chicago, so they came, too). Last year, we were going to do a smaller party, but her godparents couldn't make it (they were really sick, and then ended up not being able to afford car insurance..so it got put off and never happened).
    So, this year, she has school friends, and I want to make it up to her for last year..but I'm worried, because I've never had to do the school-friend thing! I know of at least 2 girls she will want to invite, for sure (1 is her absolute best-friend, they exchange BFF stuff, etc etc and she says the other girl is her best-friend, too), but I am unsure of who else to let her invite. 1 boy in her class, I know his mom, but she has 2 older kids, and I'm not sure if it would be acceptable to just invite the boy she knows or am I supposed to invite the much older kids, as well?? And is i fair not to invite the whole class?
    See, I'm clueless!!!
    Also, first-world-problem,too...lol.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, Candini and 2 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    oh i know the feeling! i did the same for my daughter's last two birthdays, you let them invite school friends and you don't even know if the parents get the invites let alone if the kid is coming... you ask the kid (since you don't see the parents) kids say yes yes they will be there, you send out emails with no reply...you buy goodie bags "just incase" because no one wants to be left out and ofcourse they are a no show... or they say yes they will come but don't show up until half way through the party.. it's hard to start the party when only 2 kids have shown up on time all the rest are 10-20 min late and it's only a 1hr45min party

And worse..they drop off an much younger sibling that you end up spending more time looking after than you send on your own child.

And don't talk to me about the parents who told thier children to join my daughter's party because....I took them back 3 times* , told the paty staff they weren't part of my group an to return them, The third time I told the parents I was going to call the police if thier 2 children attempted to re-join my party and I did. I caled up and reported abandoned children..The police arrived and talked to me..starte to remove the children and the whole family** started calling me names and accusing me of luring thier beloved angels, sweet innocent dumplings way from them. Fotunately i had enough people in the staff and other parents as well as other patrons to inform the police I was only trying to havemy party and these other children kept being forced onto me..

* they were nice children but not invited and at 3&5 too young to join in. i felt sorry or them.

** there were at least 6 adults who were unprepared to care for these 2 children. I found out later..They did that all the time but I was the only one who kicked up enough of a fuss to get the famiy banned..And yup..I felt bad for the children..
    Ciel, francine1985, Decaf and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    I'm worried I'll have an issue with DD's party, this year..
    She's only had 1 big party (and by big..I mean, HUGE, because my in-laws hosted it, and invited everyone they knew..and they're Filipino...so they seem to know EVERYONE lol, and DH's family was here from Chicago, so they came, too). Last year, we were going to do a smaller party, but her godparents couldn't make it (they were really sick, and then ended up not being able to afford car insurance..so it got put off and never happened).
    So, this year, she has school friends, and I want to make it up to her for last year..but I'm worried, because I've never had to do the school-friend thing! I know of at least 2 girls she will want to invite, for sure (1 is her absolute best-friend, they exchange BFF stuff, etc etc and she says the other girl is her best-friend, too), but I am unsure of who else to let her invite. 1 boy in her class, I know his mom, but she has 2 older kids, and I'm not sure if it would be acceptable to just invite the boy she knows or am I supposed to invite the much older kids, as well?? And is i fair not to invite the whole class?
    See, I'm clueless!!!
    Also, first-world-problem,too...lol.
    Class parties are tough,only because very few mom's these days have the social graces to rsvp.
    It is totally acceptable just to invite your daughter's friend and not their siblings, also you do not have to invite the whole class.I have done it both ways and having the whole class is too many kids for me to handle(average class size here is 30). It is her day to spend with friends and family not people you feel obligated to invite. I hope it ends up being a wonderful day for her.
    Ciel and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

that is the tricky thing with parties... you invite the whole class or not at all.. many schools have put a "no invites" policy (or a all or none policy) to prevent kids from getting left out.. and while i understand this i don't think it's that great of a thing... often kids have friends who they only see at school and on the playground that doesn't mean they are less of friends (it's hard to set up playdates when your kids are in school 5 days a week) and sometimes its the only time you get to see the parents... to have a party for a full class (plus a few non-class friends) is wildly expensive(other then a McDonalds or swimming party and i'm not that insane to take 20-6yr olds swimming) most places seem to start at $15 a kid to hold a party it's just not affordable when you have more then a handful of kids (and it's' impossible to have a party at home due to space issues) then a parent puts out all this $$$ per kid upfront only to have a handful not show up it's soo frustrating

and don't even get me started on the parents who complain to the teacher because their kid wasn't invited to the birthday party
    Ciel, Decaf, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

and you should not have to invite siblings of friends to her kids birthday... unless your child is specifically friends with the siblings too... you invite the child not the family personally the only child invited to the birthday is the one who's name is on the invite and in my mind if you invite siblings... give two invites 1 for each kid...
    Ciel, Decaf, thriftygranny and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow, I didn't realize school's are starting to put no invite policies in place. what is this world coming to. I always tried not to send invitations to school and tried to catch the parents that picked up their kids but there was always kids who walked or took the bus.It was so easy when we were allowed a class list with contact information so we could call their classmates parents. I have done whole class parties before and did not enjoy them one bit, too many kids for me, I think it is a ridiculous expectation, again Birthday parties are for your child to cleebrate with their CLOSE friends and family.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Midnightly, Darth, excuse me while I go and forbid birthday parties forever
    Ciel, GoddessDigi, lecale and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Too many shippers' screw up...fed up of correcting their mistakes.

Just took care of Staples wrong item shipped / exchanged mess...WASTED 2 EXTRA DAYS.
    Now my tracking from purolator shows incorrect address, seriously WTF's wrong with these company, you send me an order confirmation with the correct address, yet when it comes to shipping labels, you leave out my UNIT number. Yes people do live in condos...not everyone can afford a detached house.

First Bluenotes, shipping deemed lost (never got the detail as to why it was lost. not sure if it's CP or shipper's fault.)

Then my Cineplex orders (1 arrived with the "corrected" hand written unit number added, and attempted delivery but can't due to incomplete address note crossed out, again shipper forgot to put my unit number). Now have to deal with Cineplex about the missing shipment.

Today another mess from another company (same sh*t). Is it just my luck or people don't verify shipping address anymore. Were these shipped by robots?
    Last edited by Decaf; Tue, Jan 13th, 2015 at 01:39 PM.
    Ciel, Lyssia510 and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    that is the tricky thing with parties... you invite the whole class or not at all.. many schools have put a "no invites" policy (or a all or none policy) to prevent kids from getting left out.. and while i understand this i don't think it's that great of a thing... often kids have friends who they only see at school and on the playground that doesn't mean they are less of friends (it's hard to set up playdates when your kids are in school 5 days a week) and sometimes its the only time you get to see the parents... to have a party for a full class (plus a few non-class friends) is wildly expensive(other then a McDonalds or swimming party and i'm not that insane to take 20-6yr olds swimming) most places seem to start at $15 a kid to hold a party it's just not affordable when you have more then a handful of kids (and it's' impossible to have a party at home due to space issues) then a parent puts out all this $$$ per kid upfront only to have a handful not show up it's soo frustrating

and don't even get me started on the parents who complain to the teacher because their kid wasn't invited to the birthday party
    The first school my dd went to had a policy that if you had a birthday party you had to invite the whole class up until grade 2. Invites had be given to the teacher by the parent(highly inconvenient when you work full time during school hours) to be handed out, and if you missed a kid the teacher would send a note home saying you forgot so and so and wouldn't hand out the invites until there was one for every kid. Luckily I never had a full class show up, but I would always get kids who's parents didn't RSVP show up and had a few parent drop off the other siblings and run.
    Ciel, Decaf and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    The first school my dd went to had a policy that if you had a birthday party you had to invite the whole class up until grade 2. Invites had be given to the teacher by the parent(highly inconvenient when you work full time during school hours) to be handed out, and if you missed a kid the teacher would send a note home saying you forgot so and so and wouldn't hand out the invites until there was one for every kid. Luckily I never had a full class show up, but I would always get kids who's parents didn't RSVP show up and had a few parent drop off the other siblings and run.
    There's just no way to please everyone with this policy. If some children weren't invited, they (parent, school, kids) may felt left out. Yet if they were invited to each and every students' BD party, then it's too much for the parent to deal with (replies, gifts, bring their kid to the party). The BD kid's parent also has to deal with the party planing and may NOT even dare to throw a party if they have financial concern (what if the whole class show up??). If parents invite everyone and not many people show up, their kid may feel hurt. Maybe the school should stick their nose out of the students business.
    Ciel, thriftygranny and Lyssia510 like this.

Thread Information