User Tag List

Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I may have leftover pasta -hubby can get what he wants -he doesnt care for leftovers
    -well didn't go out shovelled a tiny bit -just front steps and back porch

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Supposed to be above feezing after today which will be nice-especially for DH as he is a lunchtime supervisor-he says it is the perfect job-don't have to be there until the crack of noon, a short walk there and back, and you finish at 1:30. He enjoys the kids and the exercise. The job found him last June when our DD finished at her old school. In addition to casual respite childcare( gov't rate of $14.00 per hour) I am doing occasional work as a developmental aide( gov't rate of $25.09 per hour) with a young child-about an 80% pay increase and more $ for the fun fund.

Made up a bed for my Mum as she is staying for a couple of nights so I can drive her for one cataract surgery tomorrow with F/U apt on Wed and next week we do it all again on the other eye. DD has 3 exams in the next week and then 2 weeks off so that will be nice for her. For somebody who is supposedly retired I have been keeping busy enough but that is fine with me as I like to keep busy, but still have downtime as well.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jan 12th, 2015 at 03:52 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Lizzie great news on the occasional work with the young child and your dh has great working hours (smile). Wishing your mom good luck with her surgery.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Amazing how good simple pasta smells!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain - I cannot believe you were in India because you've been go-go-go pretty much within 2 days of getting home/adjusting back to your local time! How nice that you can have your Mom stay with you while she gets her eyes looked after!
    @jasperandchar - WINNER on that bright coat find. Good to be visible at the cottage for safety. Sure, switch housecoats! When you really like something, you want to enjoy it as much as possible.

Went to a library branch with some magazines I don't have at my local branch. Then downtown to collect new/revised bus schedules. Could not resist some Laura Secord choc. bars on sale plus a French Mint bar for me (the energy quicker picker upper when I had to walk home from my bus back as transfer's 2h were up, so no local bus without a 2nd fare-keeping that for another trip). Found the new issue of Dr. Oz's magazine at Shoppers so got a copy for Mom (the magazine is hard to find in stores-some SDM seem to carry it). I bought the $3 Lotto 6-49 ticket at Fortino's, so will see if any $ comes out of that "voluntary tax investment." Did some snow clearing at the end of the drive while snow was still somewhat soft so blue box and the rest can have a spot to sit without getting frozen. I also cleared my brother's car-he'll need it tomorrow so there's less snow to melt in am during the return of the local windchill.
    @anastasia1009 -noticed that the Shoppers in Westdale has a wall of fridges/freezers from last year's renovation (I hadn't been inside for months) along the far wall where the 3rd cash used to be (think this would be the reno my local store was to get but never happened). I like how the magazine section is also there by the window and the new greeting card wall is between the entrance and cash (where magazines used to be). Better flow in the store. The Ann Decor store has been papered over.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jan 12th, 2015 at 07:23 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I meant to say this-if anyone is in Jackson Square, visit the clearance section in that little room where the greeting cards are near the back cash. I took a look at the yellow tags on the shelf. Mostly moisturizer products (saw some baby items) on the one side. Since I was looking for stationery products (do you know how hard it is to find address books these days that are not plain?), I took a look but did not see the brands I use.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have made $30 from Facebook group selling to help with the shortfall. I have another item for $20 which I suspect will sell quickly. DH made $55 for some car work last week too. The little bits add up.

I sell my items inexpensively so they go quickly. The man who bought a bag of my girls clothing tonight said, he is always looking for his niece and he couldn't turn down my good deal. He had initially only inquired about one item for $4, and asked what I would charge for the lot, I said $10. Happy seller, happy buyer.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -do you go to Len's Mill store to get Cotton Ginny socks? They are only in solids (Stoney Creek store might have CG tights too). Brantford store had black, navy and I think a few brown pairs (last year). More selection in Brantford with the other sock brands too. I have not tried Target socks. Since Sears used to be my main sock store until 2013, I try to look elsewhere to get socks that fit.

To get patterned socks, one day I'll have to visit a Legs Beautiful store in Toronto and pay retail for the imported socks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes Ciel you are right-I have been on the go since India-took one day to recover and I was off again and keeping busy. My friend just asked if I would watch her almost 1 year old on Wed while she and her DH go skiing but I had to say No as I have to take Mum back in for an apt.Perhaps another time I told her-I know it is hard to find good childcare for occasional daytimes and I do enjoy the little ones.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ciel - I have never bought cotton ginny socks -but I loveeee calvin klein socks there is an outlet mall in Niagara falls where they were 3/12.00 not cheap but they are so comfy and last -I loved sellers socks or secret socks are a good brand -targets are too small and tight for my size 8 and a half foot- t lest I only bought one pair when they were on for 1.00-so my daughter-in-law got them

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have not been to Canada One factory outlet in about 3 years but do remember most of the socks seemed sized for 9-10 only, @coupon girl and I did not buy any. Check Len's to see if they have any CK socks-you never know.

Hope to see Outlet Collection at Niagara after the Chico's Outlet store opens soon.

Just finished washing my coat a 2nd time-using baby Woolite and on washing cycle for delicates *but with warm water*.I added 1/2 cup of baking soda just as washing was about to discharge water and redid the washing cycle. Heat is on so the coat is hung over the radiator downstairs. Let's hope the Febreeze smell has been reduced by morning or the coat is spending an hour in the crisp freezing air tomorrow!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ciel hope the smell comes out (finger crossed for you and the coat) smile

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We have to venture out tomorrow Jaden has a hearing test and then meets with the audiologist right after. He has already had 2 sets of tubes but his ears have been badly clogged for the last month. He didn't want to do the test tomorrow because he said his ears are clogged but I said it would be a great time so that she knows where he stands. Here's hoping he doesn't need permanent tubes but if he does it is what it is.

Also going to meet a lady outside the hospital as she wants 1 of my items I have posted and dh wants 2 movies she has posted so we are doing a straight trade which is awesome as neither of us needs to put out any cash. I would have preferred the $5.00 towards my renos but dh has a movie obsession as they say k sera sera whatever will be will be....

Wishing everyone a restful night.

PS taking names for the February thread....hint hint

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Eating dinner solo with my iPad. I was late and then missed the train I wanted adding a further delay. It was leftover turkey dinner. I told DH not to wait for me. So the boys were onto homework when I arrived.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, J&C - I felt fine until after supper and then obviously something wasn't agreeing so I'm eating a candy cane - great source of peppermint.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    avon hope your tummy is feeling better today
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information