User Tag List

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ciel very wise choices if you won the lottery
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thriftygranny wishing you and your family great success in your new diets

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Busy morning here....can't believe it's noon already

Made a pot of soup this morning and having for lunch there is enough for the whole week....yippee....(used up another can of canned tomatoes from the pantry and 2 packages of pork breast bones for the stock and meat for the soup) so loving the using up what we have on hand, I know many of us are doing this especially this month to stretch our budgets.

Dinner tonight is Italian sausages I pulled from the freezer with a side salad

Going to make a double batch of chili tomorrow am (moose meat) in the crockpot (will freeze some) but dh loves the stuff so that will be his other lunch option is soup does not float his boat

Dh fixed up the coat tree that we got from the re-use it centre about a month ago, dh added some wood filler, sanded and painted. FIL is picking up another can of spray paint today as dh ran out, so hopefully by tomorrow am it will be all done and in use .

Dh went around doing more touch-ups on his mission of mudding and sanding (the whole downstairs), so all is great, hopefully we can scrounge up some funds in the near future to purchase the paint and be done with it all. 1st priority is getting the funds for the spray foam for Logan's room so paint can wait a bit.

Wishing everyone a great day
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So yesterday dh and I went to the re-use it centre, we hadn't been there since before Christmas .

I got a few treasures yesterday.....

A kitchen timer which the kids use to time their turns on the xbox (ours broke a ways back but we never replaced).

A few vintage glass Christmas tree ornaments in a lovely pearl color.

A bright orange reversible winter coat (not that I needed another coat, it's my weakness) but will bring and leave this 1 at the cottage for those chilly days.

A bright pink & super soft housecoat (soft like those baby blankets) with colorful design debating on switching out my current house coat and bringing my old one to the cottage and keeping this one for home (yes it's that nice) . I love wearing a housecoat in the mornings until my coffee kicks in (lol) BUT I have been wanting 1 for the cottage for those mornings when I need to drink a whackadoodle of coffee before I get moving and dressed so now I'm set . Oh dear just realized my housecoat is falling under my coat obsession

I also got 3 travel mugs that I don't think were ever used which I will be brining to the cottage for those outside morning coffees while watching the loons on the lake

A ceramic canister for dog treats it says treats (I filled it with the dogs treats so were all set ) and now I have the jar near the back door as Charlotte always wants a cookie when she does her business and I will admit this looks much nicer than the dog treat bags

2 David Baldacci books that I haven't read.....he's such a great author

AND dh got a few things too

So happy with my finds and I'm keeping a list this year to see how much $ we saved shopping there.
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    Things I have weakness for, actually to be honest I think I have curbed them all even the PJs. My old weakness were PJs (which I have not bought in over a year) and Cook Books/Magazine which we have stopped buying as we notice the recipes were being repeated, hopefully soon I can post a photo of out book shelves which are nothing but cookbooks/magazines. I think like many I went through my times of shoes and purses but am over all of those things. Right now I am feeling such a pinch on money it is so hard to get me to spend any, even groceries Mom has noticed I am just not into it.

Got some cleaning done this weekend but not as much as I would have liked. There must be something going around as all weekend I felt sluggish and just not right, last night I started to feel extremely sick so I just went to bed. Was able to sleep off whatever it was which is great.

Going to to have to see what I can get done this week after work to try to keep on top of things. Yesterday before I started to feel sick we did manage to get some cooking done, I made Mom a loaf of bread in the bread machine as she was out and I did not want to run out to the store, everything we needed I had in the house. Also made a batch of French Onion Soup which will be tonight's dinner as well as granola for my breakfast this week although this morning I slept in and had to skip breakfast.

As well Mom wants to go grocery shopping tomorrow so I will look at the flyers tonight, I am hoping for a next to no grocery week. We are under budget on groceries but I feel so over budget on everything else and the rest are costs I cannot change, the only variable spending I have right now is groceries so this is where I am trying to cut back.

Have a great day everyone, off to send off my training stuff and see what my boss thinks.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Great finds Nancy, you are so lucky to have such a place to use! I like to have doubles of things at our cabin too, perfect combo go cups and a housecoat for those lazy cottage mornings!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Oh and best of all....I can't believe I forgot I got a Christmas tree with lights...works beautifully AND best of all it is the same tree I had that I loved before it died (lights that is) and I absolutely hate the tree I currently have the stupid branch don't keep the decorations on......over the moon.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley glad that you were able to sleep off whatever it was you had, have a wonderful day

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nancy you are so lucky to have a reuse center where items are free you got some good finds there
    -I am debating weather to go out or not got in at 1.00 from watching ashlyn while hubby put a new kitchen tap in for son/his wife -then he asked If I would continue to watch her while he went to freshco for a few groceries -no problem

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well done nancy..you made off quite well..

unfortunately my night sucked, between a miscommunication and a family member, i didn't get to sleep until 6 this morning.
    thankfully everything is ok. i've spoken with the family member and plans are in place to improve a situation that was not quite foolproof.

i went to talize this morning to see if they had any old crochet books, pfft nada, no yarn..nothing wow.
    maybe i'll check out kijiji.
    anyway. off for now to get dh ready for work, then start taking pics and organizing a 'for sale' album.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

here's a link to post your birthday wishes for cath007

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397971-...y-15-a-canada/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl glad you are getting to spend so much time with your little sweet heart before we know it she will be in school (enjoy the quality time), your son and dil are lucky to have you.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    well done nancy..you made off quite well..

unfortunately my night sucked, between a miscommunication and a family member, i didn't get to sleep until 6 this morning.
    thankfully everything is ok. i've spoken with the family member and plans are in place to improve a situation that was not quite foolproof.

i went to talize this morning to see if they had any old crochet books, pfft nada, no yarn..nothing wow.
    maybe i'll check out kijiji.
    anyway. off for now to get dh ready for work, then start taking pics and organizing a 'for sale' album.
    Hope things turn around with the miscommunication with the family member Mrs. S.

Hope you sell everything quickly and put the $ towards your future adventures with dh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to Superstore on my lunch break (after going home and making eggs and toast for lunch) Sign said 90 % off Christmas. Found wine bags reg a $1 so 10 cents (grabbed a few since they are good for a shirt, pj's etc.) They rang up at 4 cents!!! So will grab more when I go back for the item I forgot lol Can't beat 4 cents!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Busy work day so took out homemade pasta sauce from the freezer and a fancy bun (we make the best garlic bread ) so pasta is dinner!

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information