User Tag List

Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Natalka love the chip story very cute
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

nice cheque coupon girl

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

the ruffles loaded are great too but I purchased a bag of the sour cream and bacon over the summer at the cottage and well....drool..yummers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

happy new year, dear friends.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH finally submitted a reciept from last June, cheque for 350.00 arrived today. Sweet.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -Walmart's lean ground beef pkg has 2lbs for $10. If Shoppers has the 3lbs for that price, what a score! My brother got $2.99 Old El Paso kits from Target last night (but he hasn't obtained the beef yet).
    Since you have purchased mushrooms, you might want to get a copy of Food & Drink-there's a barley & mushroom dish plus I think one more recipe with mushrooms. If it's possible to do a French beef stew with red wine in a crockpot, the weather this week is ideal for such a meal.
    @coupongirl -a clean vehicle interior just makes driving better. Nice money finds (cans are 10 cents unless there's a 650ml can involved!). Yes the ice on sidewalks has added some slip to my walks today.
    @amira84 -sounds like your DH is a shiftworker. If he's like my sibling, sleep begins around 3-4am and goes until 11 or 11:30am? Then a meal and he gets online or starts doing something (mail, tinkering with a car, getting car parts, occasional store trip to stock up on Costco or some groceries, maybe visit a friend,etc.) I'd suggest you try getting DH to spend time with your daughter around or after lunch (maybe a walk with her?). He can try to play with son after school? If he's put off any organizing or tax paper filing, the afternoons are a good time to catch up. Has he expressed any interest in going out with you in the evening if you can get someone to care for the kids? You could try a date at a coffeeshop or bookstore or see if there's a talk at the library of interest to you both?
    Didn't he get a Playstation unit recently, as you sold the older one? I'm sure the console is getting some attention.

When my brother was home from Dec 25 until yesterday, I had made some remarks about his tackling the containers of files and piles of things stored in the basement. He kept putting it off though one day he did tackle the shipping boxes from parts orders so they could go into blue box. When he works, he says he's tired when he comes home/has dinner (on day shifts) etc. He just won't plan to do it unless he needs to find something. I'd like a dumpster just for his things...too much stuff.
    @thriftygranny and @lizzie bargain - is there a university/college fair in the winter too for high schoolers? What about a youth employment centre, because staff would know about summer jobs and the job subsidy program if youth find an employer willing to hire them? Community cable tv stations will take volunteers subject to age/time commitments (more driving for the parents?) to work at the station.
    In Ontario, municipal summer student job application periods are wrapping up this month. You might wish to see if your communities have any postings that your youth might be interested in for the summer (rec centre, public works doing planting of medians, day camps, office).
    @Andit - very sunny week and why not enjoy people? Feel badly you had that run down by a truck scenario.
    @MrsSunshine -splendid organization is going on at your home.
    @jasperandchar -your home reno project has had lots of progress this month. It's great to have a slower day and can enjoy the sunshine/outdoors as well.

At the library, I found Frank Ferragine's (Frankie Flowers on City) book from last year on container plants so I had to check it out plus a Mike Holmes book on attics and basements. Looking forward to gleaning useful tips!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka ;
    @MrsSunshine ;
    @Ciel ;

My husband is in armed forces and he is a shift worker. So he doesnt have a good sleeping habbits obviously. But he lets his bad sleeping habits spoiled because he gets to play games on his ps4 (you are right about ps4, Ciel), or watches movies. He does that at night because the kids ( and me too) sleep at night and there is no screaming, jumping, crying, pinching, rough housing when kids are not awake. Lol.

But this makes him sleepy all day long, and i get frustrated because we get to see him more often when he is on his job then when he has taKen his days off.

Oh and about his leave...... his work is pretty close to the house( sometimes he walks to the job). So it's not that he doesnt get to spend time with us.
    And military personnel get a little bit more annual leaves than other people and he had a lot of annual leaves left so he took his 15 days off from 16th-31st Jan.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

amira, so it's complicated... but hopefully you will figure something out!

Hi everyone! We're on a warming trend here, so that's been such a nice change.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    quiet day here today.
    Making some soup, using up veggies. Love a nice soup.
    that's about it
    really being carefull about $. $ should go to debt this weekend, I am very excited.
    cashed I for another 5.00 amazon.ca gc this am.
    slowly building that up.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Off to the hospital for test results (kinda silly, cause I've only had one part of the tune up, c'est la vie). Let's hope the parts are still working (I feel fine, so likely all is well). It usually amounts to waiting for a half hour to spend 2 minutes with the Dr, then off on my merry way. We'll see what the rest of the day holds.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Made bacon and eggs for kids for breakfast since we were up early for hockey. Sent my youngest with bacon in his lunch lol. He tells me all the time that a girl in his class has bacon in her lunch everyday. Put chicken in the slowcooker with Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce (free from coupons with sale last year- used up the 2 open bottles in the fridge).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight's plan: Eat dinner, clean kitchen and clean out fridge completely and then decide what has to be used up etc and plan tomorrow nights dinner. Post a few items for sale. Decided I'm going to keep at it as you never know who may be shopping. I plan on sorting the sport equipment to get ready for the Soccer and Ball hockey season. My DS needs new cleats and shinguards so will post all his old too small stuff to get rid of it ASAPm

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Got up at 5am this morning only to find out my early morning kids weren't coming until 8am. So I had an extra hour and half almost to myself before anyone else got dropped off. I had ground chicken thawed in the fridge and since I had extra time I made a crockpot lasagna (using the duggar family recipe - well only 1/4 of the size they'd make lol). Takes 6 hours to cook so made sure to have it started by 6:30am so it would be done in time for lunch. I even threw some of the frozen mushrooms into it too. Fried up some more mushrooms to make myself an omlette. Packed the girls lunches, made everyone breakfast at 7:15 and still had time to swap out the dishes in the dishwasher. All before 8am lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Will also make a caesar salad later to go with the lasagna with homemade croutons and salad dressing (using recipes from goodcheapeats.com). I am still trying to tweak the caesar dressing recipe to our tastes but its not too bad. Way cheaper than buying Renees but not as good lol.

Wednesdays I normally go grocery shopping but we're going to skip today as we still have plenty of food (still have lots of milk, fruits and veg too). May have DH pick up choc milk at Foodland today and then a couple things on Friday at Food Basics after work but other than that will try and wait till next week.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

FBM: I still have lots of Sweet Baby Rays too. Maybe I will try your crockpot bbq chicken for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the idea

Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information