User Tag List

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My parents called this am while I was making French toast (awesome recipe from Pinterest). They came for a visit and well since I had no noticed I rewarmed some leftover burgers from last night which they both enjoyed. I gave my mom her birthday gifts (birthday was yesterday) and sent them home with 3 packages of moose steak and some canned tuna as the expiry dates are getting close. They brought us 1/2 a garbage bags worth of buns, breads, etc that they got from Costco I had to plug in the 2nd freezer again as it just wouldn't fit in the 1 freezer - I'll have dh see if he can place/fit all these breads, buns etc in the stand up freezer as he has more patience with organizing than I do BUT I am doubtful that it will all fit, however, I'll have tons of buns to use to make sandwiches with all that canned tuna I need to use up so win win (lol).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Beautiful tribute MrsSunshine. What a nice thread. About internet and phone bills..I always had rogers for phone, internet and cable. First my desk top broke..cancelled internet...then my tv broke ...cancelled cable . With everyone having their cells I called to cancel home phone.(cells not with rogers) They kept bugging over and over with incredible prices compared to what I had paid. At this point I had no use for any of these services. Later I got my laptop...low and behold a card came in the mail with ...I can't remember what my usage is but for 55 a month 3 of us stream etc and never have gone over. You have negotiating power. A guy at work tells them their offer is not good enough until he gets a great deal.
    My goals are to take better care of myself, stop buying stuff I don't need and use up some of what I have.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    My March goal is a continuation of Feb. I need to stick with the crocheting a bit more to get a bigger stockplie built. I`m hoping that sales start to pick up by the end of the month...I really want to get that CC paid.
    How did you initially go about selling your crocheting?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I used the leftover taco meat, some of our frozen tomatoes. 3 carrots a cup of corn 3 sticks of celery and half an onion with leftover spaghetti to make a yummy suop for lunch.

Did my computer service call...brought his portable hard drive with me to recover lost data. Will bill him when i return it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terry2144 View Post
    Beautiful tribute MrsSunshine. What a nice thread. About internet and phone bills..I always had rogers for phone, internet and cable. First my desk top broke..cancelled internet...then my tv broke ...cancelled cable . With everyone having their cells I called to cancel home phone.(cells not with rogers) They kept bugging over and over with incredible prices compared to what I had paid. At this point I had no use for any of these services. Later I got my laptop...low and behold a card came in the mail with ...I can't remember what my usage is but for 55 a month 3 of us stream etc and never have gone over. You have negotiating power. A guy at work tells them their offer is not good enough until he gets a great deal.
    My goals are to take better care of myself, stop buying stuff I don't need and use up some of what I have.
    Welcome to the thread @terry2144 and great goals

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I used the leftover taco meat, some of our frozen tomatoes. 3 carrots a cup of corn 3 sticks of celery and half an onion with leftover spaghetti to make a yummy suop for lunch.

Did my computer service call...brought his portable hard drive with me to recover lost data. Will bill him when i return it.
    geez are you taking cooking classes (lol) great way to use up all the little bits of leftovers @saundyl

Awesome you're 1/2 way to meeting 1 of your goals this month

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I tried making my own black beans in the pressure cooker today and they were fabulous, no more buying canned beans for me.It only took ten minutes to cook them and so much healthier?cheaper with no sodium. My daughter came over and we made two dozen burritos each for the freezer, I made pork carnitas yesterday for the burritos and added the black beans to Spanish rice and topped them with cheese. all done and cleaned up and I am heading to the fabric store to get the fabric to cover my cushions and pillows on our lawn furniture.
    Saundyl the soup sound really delicious!!
    Nancy nice to have all the buns and bread, I take it the moose burgers turned out!!

Welcome to the thread terry2144!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny yes they turned out quite nice in my opinion and even when we rewarmed them today for a late lunch which was a nice surprise.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny yes they turned out quite nice in my opinion and even when we rewarmed them today for a late lunch which was a nice surprise.

also does your Pork Carnitas recipe look like this?

4 pound boneless pork butt, fat trimmed and cut into 2 inch cubes
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp pepper
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 onion, peeled and halved
    2 bay leaves
    1 tsp dried oregano
    2 Tb fresh lime juice
    2 C water
    1 medium orange, juiced and keep the spent halves

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    geez are you taking cooking classes (lol) great way to use up all the little bits of leftovers @saundyl

Awesome you're 1/2 way to meeting 1 of your goals this month
    I watch bf. He's a chef I think I've learnt a little in the last two years.

I've been giving some business cards out with contact info saying I do computers.
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Mar 1st, 2015 at 06:04 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My chef is in the kitchen now. We decided on pasta with chicken, asparagus and mushrooms again. Will make ceaser salad too since I have homemade dressing left from last night. Guess I shoud get off my butt and help. Then put lsundry away before cuddling on the couch.
    saundyl, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My chef is in the kitchen now. We decided on pasta with chicken, asparagus and mushrooms again. Will make ceaser salad too since I have homemade dressing left from last night. Guess I shoud get off my butt and help. Then put lsundry away before cuddling on the couch.
    My chef is at work. I'm doing ham and scalloped potatoes. We r hoping to do a movie tonight. Last night we brought out a relic of the past....jurassic park. It's hard to believe it's 22 years since it came out (1993)

I love cuddles on the couch.

We tried pouring hot water down the vent on the roof re the sewer drainage issues...they improved slightly but not much...the washer still had water come up in the bathtub when it pumped out...but not near as far.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We watched Jaws last night. All 4 of them were on but we didn`t stay up for all of them.

@ Saundyl At first I did like you. People would see what I was doing and would order things. I learned fast though that you need to get a payment from them. I got stuck with a huge ruffled doily...took the order when I was in the hospital. when I finished it I called the number I was given just to find it was no longer in service. I took over doing towels from my mom in 1981 so I kept on with the same places. They have all been out of business for years now. I saw a story in the paper when AnnaMaes opened. In it they said she would be taking crafts from local people on consignment. I had also been in a couple of the other stores and saw they had crafts on consignment so I asked if they would be interested in selling my things. I haven`t looked back since.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

also does your Pork Carnitas recipe look like this?

4 pound boneless pork butt, fat trimmed and cut into 2 inch cubes
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp pepper
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 onion, peeled and halved
    2 bay leaves
    1 tsp dried oregano
    2 Tb fresh lime juice
    2 C water
    1 medium orange, juiced and keep the spent halves
    It is pretty close to the one I used, it was my first time making them, my recipe called for four chipoltle peppers in adobe sauce and man it was way to hot and we like heat. I didn't use the sauce it cooked in because it literally burnt my tongue but the meat was really good,the pork was cook whole and then shredded.It also used a cup of orange juice and a teaspoon of cinnamon which made me nervous but it was really good. I will definitely make again and play with the recipe a bit.I like it better than pulled pork because it isn't sweet.

No luck at the fabric store, I just didn't love any of the fabric and I need to cover the cushions for 6 chairs and a love seat I need to love it!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I cooked up a double pack of lean ground beef from the freezer. I took about 1/3 of the meat and turned it into my meat taco sauce to go with marble cheese melted over nacho chips, with sour cream and salsa. The rest of the meat will still be turned into chili and shepherd's pie.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information