User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: The Dreaded Computer Virus Scam Call

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't know if this is the same one, but I've had someone call me, telling me about issues with viruses (but he didn't use the word virus, I forget what it was).

I'm a certified IT technician, so I was kind of curious as to what he was going to say. He went on to tell me how this virus would ruin my computer and corrupt my motherboard. I think I had him explain for 10 minutes how terrible this virus was, and exactly how it was corrupting my motherboard.
    I asked him if he was sure about what he was talking about. Then I told him I was an IT technician, and if he was still sure he wanted to keep telling me about how I needed to protect my motherboard (seriously, this guy went on and on about it...he was trying to scare me so bad about it). He swore at me for wasting his time and hung up.

Had a good chuckle about it.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

lol i get this call all the time soo annoying! it is just sad that how no matter how much media there is on this there will always be somone scammed by this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

The last two times I got calls were from the computer virus people, and the air duct cleaning (telling them I had baseboards didn't stop them calling). I went all evangelical on them and proceeded to spread the "Good Word". Unfortunately, I had my mom and husband in the background in stitches as I went on and I couldn't hold it together any longer. I ended up laughing myself and just hung up on the guy. Needless to say, I haven't had a call in over a week.

I have a friend who uses racism to tell them off. She is totally not racist, the sweetest girl really, but boy, some of the stuff that comes flying out her mouth... She says it works though and they don't call her back.
    GoddessDigi likes this.

Trading Score
    130 (96%)

I LOVE when these morons call!
    I have played with them in so many different ways, its great!
    The last time they called (it's been awhile now) We had just gotten some new furniture - replacing a glass top coffee table and crap metal bar stools.
    The guy says that my computer has a virus and is being corrupted blah blah blah. . . .
    So I flip out like he told me a nuke was going to be set off in my living room. I start yelling orders at (well no one was home but HE didn't know that) to get rid of the computer as I am tossing metal bar stools out on the patio. I scream "GET THE MONITOR TOO! IT'S INFECTED, IT ALL HAS TO GO!!" as I smash the already broken glass table top.
    The poor jerk didn't know what to do! He was trying to calm me down saying that it wasn't that bad, he cold fix it it, OMG DID YOU JUST SMASH YOUR MONITOR?!
    I screamed "HIT THE DECK!" and then (breathing heavily) "Thanks man, that was almost a bad scene."
    He hung up on me. LOL

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

countrycouponer likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post

LOL this is hilarious....... i have never gone to those lengths to troll them. but I have handed the phone to my friends 3 yr old daughter that was visiting and she chattered at them for about 15 min before they finally hung up. I am sure the guy could hear us busting a gut in the background :D I also answered the phone with " Henrietta's Honey Hut, you pay, you can play. Strap on, Bend over"

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ROTFLOL!! oh i think i just peed a little!

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBomb View Post
    The last time they called (it's been awhile now) We had just gotten some new furniture - replacing a glass top coffee table and crap metal bar stools.
    The guy says that my computer has a virus and is being corrupted blah blah blah. . . .
    So I flip out like he told me a nuke was going to be set off in my living room. I start yelling orders at (well no one was home but HE didn't know that) to get rid of the computer as I am tossing metal bar stools out on the patio. I scream "GET THE MONITOR TOO! IT'S INFECTED, IT ALL HAS TO GO!!" as I smash the already broken glass table top.
    The poor jerk didn't know what to do! He was trying to calm me down saying that it wasn't that bad, he cold fix it it, OMG DID YOU JUST SMASH YOUR MONITOR?!
    I screamed "HIT THE DECK!" and then (breathing heavily) "Thanks man, that was almost a bad scene."
    He hung up on me. LOL

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

omg i'm sitting laughing and the so is wondering what im doing

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBomb View Post
    He hung up on me. LOL

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm so jealous those guys never call me, i wanna have fun too.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Just got of the phone with this computer scammer, let the woman go on about how my computer has a virus, then she told me to turn on my computer and go to the control panel, that's when I asked for her phone number, but she kind of worked her way around that as she thought I would really proceed with her instructions, oh, well, the darn kitchen timer when off and had to tell her was calling the police, the RCMP and Scambusters, and not to call this number ever again. Darn, she was saved by the bell, lol!!
    Wherever she was calling from sounded like a room full of people, really noisy, wonder how many people work there and how many people actually get caught by this scam.
    Thanks Darth Penguin for keeping this scam updated!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I didn't read all the threads so I don't know if this was mentioned, but this works for me (see attachment). Some telemarketers have caught on so sometimes it doesn't work.
    I got this from Pinterest ..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

New spam call..

Robocall

The CRA need me or my legal representive to call back in a time sensitive frame due to...and hung up on the call.

I've now had this call 4 times in 2 hours.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

That one has been all over the news lately here Darth. Frigging people...
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    That one has been all over the news lately here Darth. Frigging people...

Shame I never listened to the whole thing...but I was laughing so very much..the vagueness was incredible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information