User Tag List

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

You and Me Congrats enjoy the cruise

TG I am glad he saw the issue and is looking into, nothing worse then you knowing something is wrong with your body and the doctors and medical staff blowing it off because it is not something obvious screaming in their face here I am.

Bobbiegirl congrats, hopefully you will get into the swing of things soon and won't feel in over your head.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I started boxing up my bedroom last night to make room to build my new furniture and I must admit it felt kind of weird to be boxing my stuff up. I am hoping to get the dresser built this weekend as I know I can do that on my own (I built my other one on my own) but building the bed might be another story. I will admit I am getting a little worried Mom was told she would be getting every other weekend off but it seems like everyone else in her department is getting every other weekend off and she is booked in every weekend. Finding ti quite hard to get things done at home when we are never home at the same time next week she is all closing shifts and weekends where is I am days and am also working next weekend. Really hoping my bed does not become one of these projects that is put off months and months.

Also a bit worried, Mom has invited a neighbour to Thanksgiving since they will be alone as the rest of the family is out of town, only issue is we cannot find our dinning room and I do not think she realizes just how close Thanksgiving is. Where has the time gone, we are almost half way through September already. I am trying not to feel over whelmed with everything we have to get done but with these deadlines she is now setting I can feel my anxiety building. I am really hoping old patterns don't emerge and this does not all fall on me since "I have the better hours and am home at normal times". We will have to talk about it tonight when we go out, she is going to have to commit to working on these things even when I am not home or we are not going to get it done.

Well I better get to work it is Friday which means error checking day so it will be a busy one. Have a great day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-do you have a friend or your brother who can help you on a weekend day when your mum is at work? Don't sweat the Thanksgiving dinner-the friend is coming to see you folks not your house. While it is a great motivator it is a while away and the worse that will happen is that you eat dinner at a smaller table or while sitting at the couch-not ideal but the world won't come to an end.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! 1/2 day of work for me today. Heading to the big smoke this evening. DS is in a battle of the bands So exciting. So leaving at noon to head home sort the house a bit, take a peek at Mark's to see if I can find a nice top and boots Then pick youngest up at school and take him to Grandma. Glad I filled up the car yesterday with gas, one less thing to do today!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!
    Jeepers, it sure cooled off this morning, but heading up to 17, which isn't exactly balmy, but it's not in the single digits, yet! Our DD flies home later today from the ACDC concert last night, Hubby's in his golf club's championship tournament today and this weekend with our SIL, and I've got a lunch date with a friend, so we're in all directions today. I made her a new crystal Chakra bracelet that's stretchy since it's easier for her to put on...she needs all the help physically that she can get!

Hope it's sunny where you all are, and that you have a lovely day!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

just cooking up some chickens here today, not a very exciting entry. Have a great weekend everyone!!

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone!

Thrify's has some bonus Air Miles things going on and ton of stuff we needed B1G1 so I went and did a big shop (I usually only ever shop at Costco) so now I finally hit enough Air Miles to cash in for a Dyson. But now I can't bring myself to spend them... what if I think of something better to get? haha
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Busy week here we camped last weekend. Got our boys back Monday night. I've missed them so much. Tuesday is a blur. Wednesday was soccer, papers and make the connection night as well as bfs birthday. Last night we did his birthday supper and cake. I picked up my new pole lamp I ordered and got very sad news that a cousin had tragically passed away in an accident yesterday morning. He...got married 2 yrs ago they had a baby this past winter. My mom said its just feeling like she lost her own son. I've been in tears since I found out. Lots of memories lots of happy and now lots of worries for his wife and baby.

Taking a personal day from work. ..well got sent home because the tears just keep coming plus the power was out. This one of the few times I regret being so very very far from my family.

I can't decide if its...affordable to drive home for the funeral...days off, gas etc. I want to but at the same time it also feels...irresponsible work and moneywise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So sorry about your cousin Saundyl-very sad news!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    So sorry about your cousin Saundyl-very sad news!
    Thank you.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl so sorry for your loss @bobbiegirl2010 how exciting all the best in your new adventure @Lynn49 enjoy your luncheon and you are very crafty with the bracelet and thoughtful
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

What a day Dh is at work (happy dance) first time I have the house to myself in god knows how long let's hope it's a sign of more days like this to come. Well my pears that I wanted to bake with that were in the fridge were no longer good so I headed to the freezer grabbed a bag with the right amount of pears put them to defrost and made 5 mini pear loaves and 1 large pear loaf, they are super yummy. - new recipe from Pinterest Then decided to use up the 2 apples that were needed to be used up....Made 2 apple loaves which are Logan's fav. Then decided to make a magic pie (custard pie) - new recipe from Pinterest Laundry was washed and hung outside by 830. The coffee maker was blocked up / taking way too long to brew my morning fix so put vinegar on brew and a couple cycles later - good as new. Later this afternoon I will be making homemade chicken tenders per requested by Jaden. So very productive day. And oh yes fixed the internet problem as tech support was no help....I can thank my 2 years of computer training/courses at Algonquin, ds2 calls me our computer guru...I do what I can (haha) sure saves ton of $ Wishing everyone a great day & awesome weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    What a day Dh is at work (happy dance) first time I have the house to myself in god knows how long let's hope it's a sign of more days like this to come. Well my pears that I wanted to bake with that were in the fridge were no longer good so I headed to the freezer grabbed a bag with the right amount of pears put them to defrost and made 5 mini pear loaves and 1 large pear loaf, they are super yummy. - new recipe from Pinterest Then decided to use up the 2 apples that were needed to be used up....Made 2 apple loaves which are Logan's fav. Then decided to make a magic pie (custard pie) - new recipe from Pinterest Laundry was washed and hung outside by 830. The coffee maker was blocked up / taking way too long to brew my morning fix so put vinegar on brew and a couple cycles later - good as new. Later this afternoon I will be making homemade chicken tenders per requested by Jaden. So very productive day. And oh yes fixed the internet problem as tech support was no help....I can thank my 2 years of computer training/courses at Algonquin, ds2 calls me our computer guru...I do what I can (haha) sure saves ton of $ Wishing everyone a great day & awesome weekend.
    Internet fixed yay! Alone time double yay!

I've never even heard of baked pears. ..how do you do that?

And...thank you.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

saundyl, so sorry about the loss of your family member, what a tragedy.

Nicer weather here today, at least there's sun and it should go above the teens.

Almost finished making up master shopping list for the week - best deals at Co-op (bogos) and Sobey's this week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Did some shopping this morning-spent $60 and managed to get 2 $10 gift cards so not too bad. This aft will pop out to do speech therpay with one of the twins. Tomorrow my brother and DH are planning to cycle the Goat Creek Trail from Canmore to Banff so SIL,DD and I will go along as the support team so that we can pick them up at the end of the trail. Besides it is a good excuse to get out and enjoy the weather, scenery and a lunch out.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Sep 11th, 2015 at 07:23 PM.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information