User Tag List

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka I'm so glad that things have improved that you now have a bounty in your pantry and freezers and better times ahead. PS I hope your dh's back is back to normal (I think it was his back when he was off for a little while).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Don't laugh too hard, it is pouring rain my windows are open and I finally have a great wifi and don't want to get up to close windows, pretty pathetic I know BUT that's what life is life these days....hopefully 1 of the kids comes up shortly and can do me a favour (haha).

Well I have the chili bagged and will run it down to the freezer shortly.

I have more moose meat 5 packages defrosting for another triple batch tomorrow in the crockpot and that should be the end of the chili madness for a while....I've been making chili for days or so it seems but glad that it will be eaten and out of my freezer in the coming weeks.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Our freezer is very unorganized. So is our cupboard between the Laundry room and stove.

BF took me up on an Arierial tour of the area as a celebration fir the new job. One of the local airlines is celebrating 50 yrs in the north and offered 25 minute tour of the area for 35 dollars a person in a Cessna 180 (it might gave been a 160)

I got so excited when I saw it in the paper.

I loved it. And we flew right over our house. I didn't realize how marshy it is back in the bush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

^^^cool. I love seeing pics of members. Looks like a blast. Normally would rep...but am on Tapatalk. I avoid liking so I don't get into rep jail and can rep when I am on my computer.

Also happy anniversary to @Crochetlady ! You share it with two good friends of ours and its DHs bday!
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Sep 19th, 2015 at 07:09 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Here are my pics

Me baby wearing in my not so frugal wrap...this piece of fabric cost me $150 on sale when I bought it in 2012.

DH making Josie laugh.

Baby Granger in her Hogwartz uniform onesie (really the only place I can post this!) I worry some church ppl might disprove.

I will post pictures of my other two another time. Been working on making sure I have photos for the 1 month time period of my album. It is almost two months and I have barely any!!!
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Sep 19th, 2015 at 07:18 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Beautiful baby Granger and nice deal on the flightseeing Saundyl!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    CrochetLady congrats
    MaddensMom hope your little one feels better soon

Well today did not go as planned at all, I started to feel horrible at work so I hid in my office all morning and keep to myself so no talks, no progress. Honestly with how I was feeling I just would not have gotten through the conversation and I think this is something I have one shot at and if I mess it up it is not something I can bring up again right away, I would have to walk away re group and wait probably a few months to bring up again.

I thought I was just feeling off because I did not eat properly before work and really felt like I did not take enough food with me to work. Guess not, came home went to eat and just wasn't feeling it, wasn't feeling better so I gave in a took a nap which is totally not me. Normally unless I am super sick I cannot nap so I figure I would lay in bed for 1/2 an hour and give up, nope I fell asleep for about 2 or so hours. I do feel better but am still super tired so nothing got done today, oh well.

I also did not make dinner so I cashed in our free pizza which Mom is picking up on her way home. So for under $5 we have a large pizza and potato wedges. Tomorrow I want to do some prep for the week ahead, Mom has some super weird shifts this week and we are going to be all over the place. Must plan and see what I can get done.

On that note off to look up more crochet patterns, I am kind of addicted but the way I see it, it is my me thing and I am making things that will be useful to me this winter when I am travelling for work. My Schoodie is almost done, I have one fingerless glove done, one to go (this is for when I am here, our office is freaking freezing, portable office in the parking lot and we have all tried but you cannot type with gloves on). Thinking about making some slippers and some yoga socks next but will have to check my yarn stock first.

Have a great evening everyone.
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, I know what you mean with the clay soil. Yucky!
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Granger what a beautiful family, the other two will just add to the perfect group!!! Josie is adorable.
    Yup I am so ready for another grandbaby!!
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I got a great deal tonight thanks to a friend from a local mom's group. Our freshco had delissio pizzeria and delissio thin crust pizzas (select varieties) on sale for $1.99!
    On snap app there is rebate for $4 wub 3 ($1.50 was out already). Meaning I paid $1.97 for 3 pizzas!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Congratulations on your new job, saundyl! Good for you! What will your hours be like?
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Natalka I'm so glad that things have improved that you now have a bounty in your pantry and freezers and better times ahead. PS I hope your dh's back is back to normal (I think it was his back when he was off for a little while).
    It really does make a difference knowing there's a cushion!
    Husband's back is a constant concern, he's in pain daily, but has been working. For example, going up and down ladders all day working on lights on buildings causes him no end of grief!
    Glad you got your computer issues sorted!

saundyl - awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics - it's so beautiful there!
    I was in a Cessna once - first and only time in a small plane. It was in Grade 8, and we got to go on a tour over and around our city; it was awesome.

I've only been on a big plane once, too! When I was in third year university, I got flown up north to visit a friend who was working in Uranium City (he took a semester off to get some big bucks), so I was on an Eldorado Nuclear jet. I was the only female on the flight - the rest full of workers and men going there for a hockey tournament.

Granger - such beautiful photos, thanks for sharing them. Josette is a dolly, especially laughing with her daddy - and Happy Birthday to him!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

granger lovely family
    -thriftygranny -I am so ready for another grandbaby too -my daughter (she is 33)is talking so much about it they are taking a trip in the new year after that who knows

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Granger .....Wicked smile on lil Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

There was a feature on CTV news last night about maintenance of your shredder so that it doesn't burn out the mechanism.

First of all, only use it for half an hour before you let it have a rest. Then, there is a special "lubricating" paper that you buy at a place like Staples. But you can make your own by using vegetable oil on computer paper and running it back and forth through the machine every 30 hoursof use.

This is supposedan to extend the life by about 3X. The instructions for this maintenance is supposedly in the instruction manual you get.
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information