User Tag List

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well today was busy, did some more book keeping and dusted and vacuumed and washed floors the first level, did 5 loads of laundry and put away. Will finish off the vacuuming in the morning. Had to run to the golf course to tie up a few loose ends. I am cooking a full pork loin with roasted carrots and making mashed potatoes and some kale. I should be set for lunch meat for the week and tomorrows supper as well. It seemed strange cooking a big meal with just me at home but the hunters are home tomorrow and I have a late afternoon doctors appointment so it was just easier to do it today. I managed to get a brisk walk in before the rain started, I love walks in the fall so much colour and I love the cooler temperatures. Hopeful I won't have to move indoors for the winter I hate walking the endless circle at our rec center.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ds2 is off with FIL to join dh at the moose camp, poor guy didn't want to go, I feel badly for him but I think in the end it will be a good male bonding experience for them.

I think that next year I will express that it would be a better idea for the kids to be around for my birthday afterall dh is gone....whine...whine...I know (haha) but it just seems depressing. My mom is coming down which will be nice but still wish ds2 would be here with me.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks for the early wishes but not til Tuesday is my anniversary and birthday -gee nancy we are 2 days apart our birthdays -gee we will have to virtual toast ourselves a good year right

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just put the codes in from marks for a 1,000 scene points =free 13.00 movie -nice I am wanting to see one called "grandma" with lily tomlin -saw her on a netflicks called Frankie and johnny with jane fonda so funny

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Is it your birthday today Nancy? If so enjoy that alone time and have a bubble bath and do your nails!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whew! Finally got caught up on all of you from the weekend!!

Well, both DD and her Hubby and my Hubby and I packed up our trailers today, so camping season is officially closed. And it was SO gorgeous out there today!! But the next few weeks will be busy, and it was sunny and dry today, so our two tip-outs (living/dining room and second bedroom) were nice and dry to slide back in, canopy's down, everything was taken out, so next week I have a ton of laundry to do and stuff into rubbermade containers for the Spring opening on the May long weekend. It sure was the perfect summer for camping and marshmallow roasting...

DD is flying off to a conference on Tuesday, then she and 6 other co-worker/friends are flying to San Miguel, Mexico for a week of well-deserved R&R...her friend's friend owns a million dollar villa there that she rents out, with a cook/housekeeper, so they'll be in the lap of luxury for a while. Our DD says it's an adorable artsy town, with lots to do and see...a great art gallery, botanical gardens, etc and lots of little boutique shops, cafes and restaurants to spend money in...lol...I hope they have a great time. Wish we were going somewhere this fall, but with me still not walking very well (geez, it's ONLY been 16 months!!! Grr!), it just wouldn't be as much fun for either of us. Washington last April for the cherry-blossom festival was better, even though Hubby had to push me in a wheelchair wherever we went, it's still different than walking around Times Square in NYC or even shopping in Toronto....next year has GOT to be better!!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend, and that next week brings only happy surprises!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Granger: she is such a cutie, I was in your area today. DH did a race that started in Welland in the old canal I think and ended in Niagara Falls. Logan I volunteer so it made for a very long day but he wather was perfect. We had steak for dinner, I was so pleased I remembered to get it out.
    Coupongirl: happy early birthday and anniversary. My parents went to Swiss chalet dor their anniversary too and with a gift card.
    Saundyl: what a great view. Logan did this when he was about 8 with a friend that has his pilots license. So we have the pictures he took while in the air, and the look on his face is pure wonder. Congrats on the new job.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Coupongirl - I didn't know that Mark's Work Wearhouse took Scene cards. I only knew to use it at the theatre. Could someone direct me to a link or something so hat I know where else it can be used? Can you only redeem Scene points @ the theatre? We live hours away from a theatre that accepts it & I have lots of points already.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@lilo0003 if you took HWY 20 you would been right near my road (Esso before Smithviille) if you took QEW Christie St exit in Grimsby becomes my road. 😊.

Today was church and a staff social for church staff afterward. The staff has had a complete turnover in the past year so it is nice to connect and get to know the ppl with whom we are partnering with in this phase of life.

Re: Hogwartz onesie. Some church folk may find that taboo/offensive (witchcraft ). BUT I say fun and you know me I love Harry Potter!!! Great literature.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Happy Sunday everyone. We spent the majority of our day at emerg with DD. Diagnosis pneumonia and urinary infection. Poor girl.

Had nice Sunday dinner at in laws and saw some family we haven't seen in a while.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow a double whammy, hope she is on the mend. I don't miss sick kid days at all.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Happy Sunday everyone. We spent the majority of our day at emerg with DD. Diagnosis pneumonia and urinary infection. Poor girl.
    Hope she gets better soon.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

marksworkwarehouse doesn't take scene cards (they gave me 2 promo cards to input when I got home as hubby bought 2 pairs of jeans )-I sent a private message to explain it angela
    -but swiss chalet does -I got 1 scene point for every 3.00=13 points tonight apparently harveys now takes it and montanas ,milestones and I think east side marios -and you can redeem the points in the restaurants 1,000=10.00 off your food order-neet eh -this all started sept 14

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well ladies my hubby needed pants and he cant always find them at talize or value village -I guess men don't donate that much -or its hit and miss
    -so off to marksworkwarehouse -I had a 10.00 when you spend 50.00 cpn -so after the coupon spent 46.03 and got 2 nice heavy olive and brown denium pants plus 2 pkg of 2 pairs of socks for 2.32 each reg 9.99 for the 2 pair plus got 1,000 scene points which equals a free movie

-then went to swiss chalet and had a lovely free meal -I had roast beef dinner so so good hubby had ribs and chicken and a coffee -50.00 gift card from last year-got back 3.60 in cash -left a tip -very frugal for us plus got 13 scene points as they now take scene cards -plus had a free pecan piece of pie -our kids laughed when we said we are going to swiss chalet for our anniversary -why go really fancy we love there food -mind you next time I may bring it home -some older family came in and I swear the 90 each old mother doused herself in cologne-brought back memories of my mom -but I was coughing for a minute -hubby even noticed the scent -and it wasn't that great -oh well
    Happy anniversary!

Edit I'm early happy birthday too for tuesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Sep 20th, 2015 at 11:38 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post

Had nice Sunday dinner at in laws and saw some family we haven't seen in a while.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I hope she's doing better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information