User Tag List

Page 445 of 654 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yep, produce prices are crazy - the drought in California is to blame as well.
    Was happy to get a cauliflower at less than $4 yesterday.

Guess we have to do things like they were when I was growing up, deal only with seasonal produce - in the winter, just mostly rely on frozen veggies.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    my god the cost of produce has gone up... i get that it's off season for produce.. and things have to come further and are more expensive... but really 8.49 for a 1lb of strawberries,$6.99 for a 1lb of grapes... $10 for a cauliflower head that's just insanity!
    I know! We'll use frozen/canned veggies for the most part but there's some things you can't get frozen like lettuce and greens for salads. Dh and dd like berries in their lunch and my youngest won't eat frozen fruit(not to mention it makes a huge mess), so my grocery bill is around 50 bucks by the time I make it out of the produce aisle.
    Natalka, Candini and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I know! We'll use frozen/canned veggies for the most part but there's some things you can't get frozen like lettuce and greens for salads. Dh and dd like berries in their lunch and my youngest won't eat frozen fruit(not to mention it makes a huge mess), so my grocery bill is around 50 bucks by the time I make it out of the produce aisle.
    I miss the days of my 3pk romaine hearts for $1.88. I have been buying the club pack at Costco and RCSS when on for $4.99 which isn't too bad considering I saw a 3pk for $ 6.99 at Walmart.
    JadeAngel and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Would your youngest drink a smoothie? Both my kids love them and consider them a "treat" lol
    Lyssia510 and dededi like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where are you doing your grocery shopping...Loblaws / Metro?

my god the cost of produce has gone up... i get that it's off season for produce.. and things have to come further and are more expensive... but really 8.49 for a 1lb of strawberries,$6.99 for a 1lb of grapes... $10 for a cauliflower head that's just insanity!
    Candini likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since they got bought by Burger King....quality has indeed depreciated. I think they are trying to recoup money spent on modernizing their cafe style stores. The staff seem to be getting slower than a slug too, chatting to the regular pensioners when there is a line up. There is a time and place for chit chat, and if you can't move faster, then stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post
    The quality of food at Tim Hortons seems to be going down each passing day. Last week I bought a French Vanilla as a treat, it was so watery. It tasted like they added hot water to their regular french vanilla.

Their donuts used to be decent, but now as soon as I purchased a box of donuts the glaze and icing on them was dripping and turned into a goopy mess within 3 hours. This didnt just happen once, it happened a dozen times.

This morning I got a box of 20 timbits. They were all stale!!!! Like rock hard stale. I am beyond annoyed. Don't think I'll be going to Tim Hortons anytime soon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I have stuff to finish online and I cannot resist but feel lazy!
    wolfwoman likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some pet owners need serious education and a tough lesson on how to look after their pets. A lot fail to comprehend that not everyone gives a toss about your stinky pet...put it on a leash and hold it closer to yourself. That way you avoid this

A man from northeastern British Columbia is in good spirits but understands he could lose his left arm following an horrific dog attack. Robin Elgie, who is 66, remains in intensive care in an Edmonton hospital after the Christmas Day attack that mangled both arms in Fort St. John.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/after-f...-arm-1.2719700

The owners of that dog ought to be locked up for years, and banned from owning any pets. Nothing gets my goat than running on a trail that has signs saying dogs on a leash, and some people (who will consider themselves decent), ignore the signs and let their dog run amok

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Where are you doing your grocery shopping...Loblaws / Metro?
    we don't have a loblaws/metro here, it was a locally island owned grocery store chain that usually has decent prices.... i think these prices were a little on the extreme side(but pretty much all produce except potatoes had significantly spiked in price) there are stores with lower prices for produce in the area but even they have gone up significantly
    DaveP and Candini like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

@Midnightly

Fairways has Snowcrest 1.5 kg bag of frozen fruit on for $9.99(last day today). Hope this helps.
    DaveP and wolfwoman like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmmm...I bet it's not any better in Comox either, as most things have to brought onto the Island

we don't have a loblaws/metro here, it was a locally island owned grocery store chain that usually has decent prices.... i think these prices were a little on the extreme side(but pretty much all produce except potatoes had significantly spiked in price) there are stores with lower prices for produce in the area but even they have gone up significantly
    Last edited by beachdown; Thu, Dec 31st, 2015 at 07:33 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So mad at myself. I keep reading "his" posts just for some spicy gossip on the forum but sometimes his posts are so outrageous..i just want to slap him.

(I hope @walkonby reads my posts asap and we start chatting about it. Lol)
    Natalka, JadeAngel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ahahahahaha.....wow

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

JadeAngel, GoJays, DaveP and 2 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

PMS... that is all
    seylz_gurl, DaveP and Lyssia510 like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Thread Information