User Tag List

Page 140 of 193 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

People who will not move out of the front eight courtesy seats even though I am a week away from my third trimester. I am obviously pictogram number 2 on the big blue sticker behind your seat, right behind the person in the cast and wheelchair. I get that some of you are elderly or have pain. I would not take a seat from you. I am looking at you hospital nurse, still in your scrubs from work, and you, people under 40 who are pretending to listen to music, sleep, or looking at your phone, and you, young lady, who have your bag across one empty seat on a full bus, and you, young man in your 20s who is obviously finished your outdoor job.

One of you people must be able bodied enough to offer a courtesy seat. Just let me curb your enthusiasm from falling all over yourselves in offering me one. If you don't feel guilty while I am sticking my very rotund belly in your face because there is no room, then you must need that seat more than I.

But you people who wait three minutes or more while glancing at your neighbours hoping that someone else might be gallant enough to offer me a seat, yet nimbly jumping off when it comes to your stop, I mean you!

Usually, I do get a seat somewhere as I'm on the route for over half an hour with about twenty stops from beginning to end. Someone eventually gets off at a major stop and I get to sit, so no one think that I am forced to stand for the entire hour walking to the stop, waiting for buses, standing precariously on buses, and then walking again in 30 something degree weather. (Although the "feels like" temperature is much higher when you have a huge elastic maternity band on your waist, strapping a big hot water bottle on your stomach.)

The walking does me good though, so it's alright.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ this absolutely blows my mind - who raised these people?
    Angela273, barbis9, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I'm only concerned when the bus driver seems to want to stop on a dime. So far, there's only one gentleman that I dread seeing in the driver's seat. His braking is so rough that even people sitting are thrust at least six inches into the people sitting next to them. Standing on his bus is not preferable! I also fret about large, sharp handbags and shopping bags slamming into my bump.

I was warned about the bus system from two friends who have had three children and have said people did not get up for them either. At four months, I was visibly large enough that strangers on the bus would ask me when I was due. Now at seven months, this is obviously a large bump!

Edit: The only people who are guaranteed spots seem to be wheelchairs and people in casts, as the driver cannot go until the chair is locked in place and some with casts cannot hold on.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Tue, Sep 13th, 2016 at 10:15 AM.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Wolves!!!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Sweets parrow it just saddens me that none of these able-ish bodied people will forfeit their seat for you!! Genuine manners it seems have been diluted over the years, what little consideration is witnessed now often has to be shamed out of individuals. Oh and BOO!! to that bus driver who thinks hitting the brakes hard is the most efficient way to stop??

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I honestly think that if it didn't happen to me, there's no way that people could really be that rude. I must be on hidden camera or something.

On my first stop, I waited at the passenger stop walk crossing at the tiny island in the oncoming right turn lane. Three cars passed me by before a lady pointed towards the ground and just started crossing in front of a car. It was a driving instructor's car with a student in the front seat. I don't think the student was being taught to yield to pedestrians. The lady remarked "They should be stopping for you, not the other way 'round." True, but I won't be putting myself in danger to prove a point. Thank you for stopping traffic.

The bus pulled up while I was waiting at the stop. A young agile man jumped up and dove for the last courtesy seat and seemed pleased with himself that he was able to grab it. Well, thank you very much for proving how nimble you are.... He was sitting next to a lady who decided to sit in the middle of two seats, taking up both. Who does that? Someone who was getting off offered me their seat, but I just couldn't believe the two of them. The young man who can prove that he can run faster than I to snag the last seat ahead of me, and the 40-something lady who takes up two seats, just because she can. Unbelievable!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainme...5T6?li=AAggNb9

^You're not alone Sweet Sparrow guess this is wide spread behaviour, the actress Olivia Wilde who is pregnant commented on same thing on the New York subway. No one would give her a seat.“NBD, able-bodied riders who won’t give your seat to a GIANT preggo. I’ll just stand riiiiight next to your head and pray I go into labor,” she tweeted.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Just after I sat down, a lady with a small baby in a stroller got on the bus. She parked it inches away from the lady taking up two seats (who by this point shifted into one because the 20-something seat diver was too close). She did not get up or shift down one empty seat for the young mother who could have sat next to her baby and calmed it down. The baby started screaming loudly and kicking it's stroller and I vindictively thought "Looks like you've been told by a wee baby" on it's second round of screaming. That baby was going for volume!

Unfortunately, the baby got off two stops later when the mom remarked "We're getting off because you're too loud."
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

My inner fat girl is upset with my stale McNuggets and not so fizzy Root beer.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Lyssia510 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

When you need to buy something so you shop around. I have found the item I need in a premium brand on eBay for less than a cheaper brand, it says it is new but with an open box and it would honestly be perfect. It is buy it now and I won't have the money until Tuesday. I am so worried that someone is going to buy it before I get the chance and then I will have to pay more and settle for an inferior brand.
    Angela273, barbis9 and dededi like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

If you get paid on Tuesday, buy it now.
    You can have 72 hours (I believe) to pay.

To purchase a Buy It Now item:
    1. Look for items with a Buy It Now price by clicking the Buy It Now tab on search results or browse pages.

2. Check the Buy It Now price of the item. This is the price you'll pay for the item. Also check the shipping cost and any additional costs that might be listed in the item description to determine the total cost for the item.

3. To purchase the item immediately, click the Buy It Now button in the listing.

4. On the next page, click the Commit to buy button.

5. Review your purchase information, and then click the Pay now button.

Skip the 5th step until Tuesday.
    Last edited by GoddessDigi; Sat, Sep 17th, 2016 at 09:22 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Effin' neighbors and their loud music. I'm trying to come up with something I can do at 6am that isn't necessarily quiet. I wish we lived in the country - I'll put up with skunks and raccoons any day over the assholes that surround me here.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

DAH!! Wrong thread
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Effin' neighbors and their loud music. I'm trying to come up with something I can do at 6am that isn't necessarily quiet. I wish we lived in the country - I'll put up with skunks and raccoons any day over the assholes that surround me here.

i feel your pain.. currently there is a music festival going on a few blocks from me and it's soo beyond loud, and there is nothing i can do about it, windows shut, and i can still hear every word they are saying and feel the bass i keep telling myself.. it's just 1 weekend... it's just 1 more day of this then it's done...
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twins that don't want to sleep at night...even if it might be blamed on teething.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 140 of 193 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast

Thread Information