User Tag List

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yes sweet sparrow, price matching, points and the PC mastercard are my friends!!Love watching the balance go up!!
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hello all you busy bees!

I started the day way too early, but was able to get some stuff done then - by the time I got my husband up, I had almost finished making a fruit pizza, which both my men love. Milan is coming over tonight, so I like to make something special when he does - well, they both love anything made with cream cheese, lol! I miss him so much when I don't see him for over a week!

Shopping this week is pretty much just for incidentals - bread, fruit, and some veg - only other stuff was stocking up on tissues at SDM - the PC brand is almost as good as Life brand.

I'll be making a big supper (always so there is leftover food for Milan), plus I have other food prepped for him to take home to eat for a few days.

Enjoy the day!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Maybe I'll do that when I retire. I quite like cleaning tubs and things that obviously sparkle afterwards. I dislike cleaning floors and vacuuming, toilets of course are smelly, but bathrooms really make the biggest difference when they're cleaned properly. Last night, I was happily scrubbing grout on the tiles with a toothbrush (less smelly than Scrubbing Bubbles or Tilex) and the difference motivates me to keep going. Must be the nesting instinct starting to kick in.

Plus, we bought a detachable showerhead for LO and now every shower must have one. Cleaning showers is pretty fun when it's our own. Two nights ago, I scrubbed down our tub and shower. LO was thrilled at how clean it was that she jumped right in for her shower. DH did not have a good time as I heard him slip (but not fall).

A friend of mine with three children hired a cleaner and I'm jealous. I told her to let LO play with her kids and toys and I'll clean her bathtubs in exchange for LO to play with her expensive toys and the cost of lunch.

@Granger: If we lived close, I'd clean your shower for free. :D You'd have to call me right after you've used it as that's when the grout is the most workable.
    Granger, what do you use to clean the grout? I have tried to get the grout cleaned in our boys bathroom and am not successful. I would love to hear how you do this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @thriftygranny : Hopefully you are using PC points and maybe a cash back credit card? I have been watching my points accumulate happily with PC. RCSS also price matches so they are my main store as well, even if it is 30 minutes one-way. Anything baked ahead of time is better than store bought, in cost and health, so I think of those as built in savings!

I'm also a bit worried about how expenses will turn out after the second LO comes along. There will be the burden of two in childcare, plus increased food, savings, trips, activities, etc.

Update: I decided to check the card balance as I didn't have full confidence in the way the CS at WM checked the GC. She said she didn't know how to check the history of the card and I can see a sticky residue where tape once was. Usually, if you put money on a card, the cashier will tape on the new total. The number on the back of the card told me there was $67.94 so we're still missing $45 from the co-worker, which I am sure, he will not pay back.

Just like he never gave DH any money for carpooling over three hours, week after week, month after month. I am still a bit put out that the cologne smell that he used to cover his chain smoking habit lingers in our car, on my seat belt, and he always exhaled the last breath of smoke after the door was closed. (I am allergic, or very sensitive to cigarette smoke.) Plus, he always spills his Starbucks coffee all down the dashboard and all over my seat. I've never met the guy, but I would seriously just drop the guy off at the nearest transit terminal rather than drive him anywhere!

If there is any money on the card, DH will not say anything. The co-worker will just say he'll buy him a coffee.
    Hubby also drove a guy to work for years and this fellow never paid a dime. Always had stories about how he and his wife were broke blah blah blah. It really ticked me off but hubby wouldn't ask for money either. Then when DH was asked to work an hour earlier, this guy had to find another ride.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Sweetsparrow hugs - you are in a tough position and tolerate a lot more than I ever would.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! I have decided to take tomorrow off as a "me" day. But thinking of getting an oil change and taking the dog to the vet lol. So much for a relaxing day.

Left the kitchen clean this morning. We have 45 mins when we get home and hit the road for an out of town hockey game. Will whip something up quick for DS and myself.

While making breakfast I cleaned out the fridge. The bits of this and that from the weekend. I see that we still have a full head of romaine and bit from another head. 1/2 pepper and lots of onions. Will plan to use them up the next few days.

My honey was given a $100 GC to a fancy restaurant in town from a friend that he helped in the summer with his deck. So I guess we have a fancy date night out ahead of us . Very nice of him!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well was suppose to babysit ashlyn today but daughter-in-law didn't go to work she felt achy ,sore throat -she asked if I could stay til 11.00 a.m just so she could sleep -yep no problem
    -already cut the lawn ,hung the towels out
    -called shoppers for my missing points from last night
    -called petro to turn 2,000 points into 2.00 off my caa membership

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Does anyone have recommendations for a sturdy backpack? I was thinking of getting a replacement for mine and passing it along to LO when she is old enough or has more to carry during the school years.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Roots backpacks are awesome!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hello everyone,

I will catch up on previous post wowzers you have all been busy.

Excited to watch survivor tonight...yippee.

Laundry wad hung outside to dry, supper is bacon & tomato (from garden) sandwiches.

I have been on track for meal planning for several months now which really makes a difference

Last from Tuesday to Friday I was away at my folks house, my dad had his 3rd pace maker installed (in less than 2 months). I purchased a few groceries while there but nothing to write home about.

Going to send dh to Indpendent Grocers to pickup some more shrimp which are on sale for $6.99 a bag Pc brand. Haven't seen them that cheap in ages, I purchased 4 bags last Saturday but I think I need to stockup.

The new child benefit was deposited this week, I've set it aside such as previous months, saving up for I don't know yet (haha).

Wishing everyone a great evening,
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

All caught up phew....busy bunch
    @coupon girl congrats on your new grandson
    @Angela273 great job selling the extra produce & all your deals at the thrift store
    @thriftygranny I'm sure your pantry is stunning,
    @SassyAshley congrats to you mom on her fulltime position, definitely should give you some breathing room
    @momof5boys great news about your hubby
    @lilo003congrats to your son on his 1st job, does he get a discount?
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Sep 21st, 2016 at 07:06 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On the weekend I had a dream that I won the 50/50 at bingo while volunteering at the Legion. On Monday I received a text asking me to work bingo and Wednesday evening worked with our schedule. So I bought 50/50 tickets tonight and I won $55!! I really had to laugh at that. I have worked their bingo 5 times over the last few months and this is the first time that I have bought 50/50. I'll tell Dh when I get home.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Sep 21st, 2016 at 10:48 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Picked up 10lbs each of onions and beets yesterday, they were 2/$7. Going to start going through flyers today to make next week's shopping list - it shouldn't be a long one.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

A very Happy Birthday to coupon girl!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy Birthday Coupon Girl, hope your day is perfect!!

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information