User Tag List

Page 517 of 654 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 567 617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Lyssia: I buy new shoes practically once a month. If it's within three months and you purchased from Walmart, you can exchange them for the same size. Unfortunately, they're not the best quality and I've heard from several parents saying their kids complain of feet pain or pinching. The ones my LO has seem to be too narrow and may be squishing her toes. Sears also has a kids' guarantee, though I don't know the specific details.

I got her shoes from Payless. I usually only buy her brand name shoes, but she really wanted Paw Patrol shoes for school and I figured Payless would be better quality than Walmart but nope. Really ticks me off because I paid more them that I've ever paid for any of her brand name ones.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lyssia: I buy new shoes practically once a month. If it's within three months and you purchased from Walmart, you can exchange them for the same size. Unfortunately, they're not the best quality and I've heard from several parents saying their kids complain of feet pain or pinching. The ones my LO has seem to be too narrow and may be squishing her toes. Sears also has a kids' guarantee, though I don't know the specific details.
    So it's not just me who has noticed shoes getting more expensive - but cheaply made and narrow.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I got her shoes from Payless. I usually only buy her brand name shoes, but she really wanted Paw Patrol shoes for school and I figured Payless would be better quality than Walmart but nope. Really ticks me off because I paid more them that I've ever paid for any of her brand name ones.
    I noticed that about Payless as well. I scrutinized their running shoes and they were very similar to the style and quality of WM's. I think they're made by the same company, but WM brands them under the name Athletic Gear and Payless calls them Champion. That's only a suspicion on my part.

The Shoe Company carries bigger name brands like Sketchers, but the shoes found in their clearance section may not be the same ones they sell in their regular aisles. They may be samples, factory outlet shoes, etc. I learned that when I called Sketchers HO and they had me go to one of their retail stores for assistance. A pair from TSC was never sold in the retail stores but only went to the discount chains and were made cheaper.

But, LO can put holes in any shoe, regardless of how well it's made. I think the soles may have more cushioning, but the fabric uppers wear just as easily as the cheap shoes, in my opinion. The shoes that have reinforced toes with the plastic that comes right over top seem to last longest.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

As for my rant, I'm annoyed at drivers who have to tail pedestrians by about a meter in their huge car so they can make their right or left turns the split second that they can. Are you having a medical emergency? Can you not wait 5 whole seconds for the pedestrian to clear the lane without threatening to run over an 8-month pregnant walker?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Champion is a brand of athletic wear. I've been to some of their outlet stores in New England but I've never bought their sneakers. And if I recall correctly, they didn't actually have any sneakers in their stores.
    Last edited by padyofurniture; Thu, Oct 13th, 2016 at 07:58 PM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Lyssia, I bought Sketchers for DD and they are getting pretty beat up.

I`m going to start doing the ol' switcheroo I think between Walmart and Payless policy. I feel ripped off paying $60+ for shoes and not lasting a month. (I did find the $15 Sketchers for her however they have laces and are a pain teaching her how to tie her shoes )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Lyssia, I bought Sketchers for DD and they are getting pretty beat up.

I`m going to start doing the ol' switcheroo I think between Walmart and Payless policy. I feel ripped off paying $60+ for shoes and not lasting a month. (I did find the $15 Sketchers for her however they have laces and are a pain teaching her how to tie her shoes )
    I find the athletic shoes from Sketchers wear out really quickly. I usually buy Twinkle Toes and dd always outgrows them before she outwears them, and they're fairly easy to clean.
    Have you tried the no tie laces, like U-Lace? They just pop into the eyelets and are stretchy elastic that stay put and you just slide your foot into the shoe. I think Payless sells a no name version.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I haven't heard of that. Will look into it thanks!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I haven't heard of that. Will look into it thanks!!
    I think I have a extra pair of white ulaces lying around. If I find them I'll pm you and mail them to you

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You know it's gonna be a good day when you get bit by a random dog before 9 am.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    Champion is a brand of athletic wear. I've been to some of their outlet stores in New England but I've never bought their sneakers. And if I recall correctly, they didn't actually have any sneakers in their stores.
    Yes, I suspect they're like the "American Eagle" branded dress shoe Payless sells. On the box it says it's not affiliated with the American Eagle clothing company.

I find the athletic shoes from Sketchers wear out really quickly. I usually buy Twinkle Toes and dd always outgrows them before she outwears them, and they're fairly easy to clean.
    Have you tried the no tie laces, like U-Lace? They just pop into the eyelets and are stretchy elastic that stay put and you just slide your foot into the shoe. I think Payless sells a no name version.
    I bought the athletic shoes thinking they were more comfortable, but the Twinkle Toes seem more durable.

@Lyssia510: Are the U-Lace laces expensive? Where do you find them? LO just turned three and is fitting into size 10 and above. I think there are only two more sizes before they start introducing laces and I'm not sure she'll be ready at that point.

I don't suppose U-Laces come in adult sizes do they? Like for pregnant women in their last trimester who struggle to tie their shoes?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yes, I suspect they're like the "American Eagle" branded dress shoe Payless sells. On the box it says it's not affiliated with the American Eagle clothing company.

I bought the athletic shoes thinking they were more comfortable, but the Twinkle Toes seem more durable.

@Lyssia510: Are the U-Lace laces expensive? Where do you find them? LO just turned three and is fitting into size 10 and above. I think there are only two more sizes before they start introducing laces and I'm not sure she'll be ready at that point.

I don't suppose U-Laces come in adult sizes do they? Like for pregnant women in their last trimester who struggle to tie their shoes?
    I think U-Laces are around 4-5 USD a pair, if you google Ulace it'll take you to their website and I think shipping is around $5.00 USD. They come in all sizes, kids to adults, dh wears them with all his shoes.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I think I have a extra pair of white ulaces lying around. If I find them I'll pm you and mail them to you

you da best

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

my family back in the UK are complaining about" there t]new nabers that bought the house beside me in the county. All I here is reving of engens of all kids. They seam to do this right at my kids bedtime. My hubby gose it's country living for u. I can't stand the sound. It make me go crazy. Iv been on ege bc of this. I don't fell cunftebal going to talk to them bc I have seen 2 men over ther" not knowing any English...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    my family back in the UK are complaining about" there t]new nabers that bought the house beside me in the county. All I here is reving of engens of all kids. They seam to do this right at my kids bedtime. My hubby gose it's country living for u. I can't stand the sound. It make me go crazy. Iv been on ege bc of this. I don't fell cunftebal going to talk to them bc I have seen 2 men over ther" not knowing any English...

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    cunftebal

Laughing like a maniac

Thread Information