User Tag List

Page 516 of 654 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 566 616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    OMG!!!!! I forgot to turn on the electric roaster!!!!! The turkey maybe done at midnight! FACEPALM!!!!
    Ah, turkey at midnight - I could live with that!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I ordered a dog harness off ebay from a seller in Hong Kong. They sent me a dog collar with some random thin foot long clip on lead and a 1cm width leash. Not even as pictured.
    They offered to refund me $3 USD and said I can give it to a friend. I paid $10 initially and I wanted the harness.
    Told them that was not acceptable and I either want the item I ordered, or a full refund, or a full refund and they cover the cost to return it to them. Waiting for their reply...
    I have never had to return anything on ebay before but why should the buyer have to pay for the sellers mistake?? They sent me the wrong item and want to scam me into a third of the refund but get to keep the item I have no use for, plus it's not even worth $7...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

People who park in front of stores like its their own personal run way parking spot.... Um no that's what all these little rectangles are where everyone else in the world parks. Like good grief the self entitlement of some people! Like seriously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ The shop I work in has two 10 minute courtesy parking spots. We're not overly busy, so I know people justify parking there because they won't be ticketed. I've noticed a good portion of people who use it have handicap permits... they use our spots when none of their own are available.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    ^ The shop I work in has two 10 minute courtesy parking spots. We're not overly busy, so I know people justify parking there because they won't be ticketed. I've noticed a good portion of people who use it have handicap permits... they use our spots when none of their own are available.
    This was a 30 something man in a suped up truck at real Canadian super store.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

^ People who park in handicap spots "for a quick sec" and go running like Usain Bolt from their vehicle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    I ordered a dog harness off ebay from a seller in Hong Kong. They sent me a dog collar with some random thin foot long clip on lead and a 1cm width leash. Not even as pictured.
    They offered to refund me $3 USD and said I can give it to a friend. I paid $10 initially and I wanted the harness.
    Told them that was not acceptable and I either want the item I ordered, or a full refund, or a full refund and they cover the cost to return it to them. Waiting for their reply...
    I have never had to return anything on ebay before but why should the buyer have to pay for the sellers mistake?? They sent me the wrong item and want to scam me into a third of the refund but get to keep the item I have no use for, plus it's not even worth $7...
    If it'swithin 45 days file a claim with ebay, escalate it to a dispute and then file a claim with Paypal and you'll get your money back.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Dd has been in school for a little over a month and her indoor shoes are already destroyed.

I've been sick as a dog for over two weeks(viral and nothing I can do except wait it out according to the doctor) and all my pants are too big. Happy that I lost the few lbs I piled on in the past year without any effort, annoyed that I need to go pant shopping.
    Last edited by Lyssia510; Tue, Oct 11th, 2016 at 09:40 PM.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    ^ People who park in handicap spots "for a quick sec" and go running like Usain Bolt from their vehicle

While a lot of times it is just some jerk being lazy I have seen someone run into the mall customer service to "rent" (it's free but you do have to sign it out just like the strollers they provide) one of the complimentary wheel chairs to take out to the car for their passenger.

*i was waiting on a bench outside the customer service with ds2 while dh took ds1 to the bathroom. While I didn't see where the man actually parked I did see him run in and leave with the wheel chair and come back in with nomeone in the wheelchair.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

And people who leave their dogs in their car "because I'm only going to be five minutes" listen I work in a vet clinic. I've watched a dog die because she was essentially cooked in a car. That happened in less then thirty minutes. I also say pouring cold water on another dog who was in the car for 15 minutes. Near death, hooked up to all our monitors. And we couldn't cool her down! It happens in minutes! And you are never five minutes at Walmart. 1-3 minutes to get into the store and get yourself together. Another 1-2 minutes grabbing your item (assuming it's only one thing....) another 1-3 picking which item. Say another 1-3 being caught by something that grabs your eye. 5 minutes easily at checkout. Another 1-3 to put cart and stuff back and get to your car. Easily 10 minutes for a quick run in. And that's IF you run right to exactly what you need and leave! Ugh it drives me crazy! Just leave your pet at home! It's so not worth it believe me, it's horrifying to watch an animal die from over heating. I have two dogs with separation anxiety that destroy my house. But I love them and would never want them to cook to death so they stay home! Ugh! But no one believes us vet folk because we aren't dr Google on the Internet. What do we know? I must be exaggerating the things I've witnessed.... 😡

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Dd has been in school for a little over a month and her indoor shoes are already destroyed.
    @Lyssia: I buy new shoes practically once a month. If it's within three months and you purchased from Walmart, you can exchange them for the same size. Unfortunately, they're not the best quality and I've heard from several parents saying their kids complain of feet pain or pinching. The ones my LO has seem to be too narrow and may be squishing her toes. Sears also has a kids' guarantee, though I don't know the specific details.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    People who park in front of stores like its their own personal run way parking spot.... Um no that's what all these little rectangles are where everyone else in the world parks. Like good grief the self entitlement of some people! Like seriously!

we watched a man pull into rcss in his Lamborghini. He parked right in front 4 ways flashing like he was some important person. I am assuming he is compensating for a small you know what!
    Natalka, barbis9, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...ams/ar-AAiTe2E

Heads up re: new scam making the rounds. People looking for work scammed when they deposit a counterfeit cheque for more than the expected amount.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Recently I had nasal surgery - one of the most painful surgeries ever but to control the pain and the elephants sitting on my head. I was on oxy and the bottle said every 4 hours. I took the first one right after the surgery - didn't do much probably because of the morphine but afterwards had crazy muscle spasms and restless leg. Took another the next day felt like a truck me - worst than the elephants sitting on my head and then I thought one more cause of the pain - yep I was so drugged falling asleep while walking or sitting. Made hubby get extra strength Tylenol and gave him the oxy pills to return to Zehrs pharmacy. Don't understand how those pills exist - instantly addiction and they make you so spacy. I was in extreme pain but the pain after 5 hours when the oxy came out of my body was worse. I will stick with extra strength Tylenol every six hours until the bruises leave my face and the elephants get off my sinuses,
    I hope you are feeling better.

After my nasal surgery they wanted to give me oxy's but I said Tylenol 2's. You can get Tylenol #1 behind the pharmacy counter (you have to ask for it) - it has codeine in it and will help more with pain. My front teeth hurt more than anything after my surgery.....felt like someone punched me in the face. I am glad I had the surgery and I hope it helps you. Keep us posted.
    Newfiescreech and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Those people are so annoying!

When I had hip surgery - healthy people took the disabled spots and I had difficulty finding a parking spot that was wide enough to open my car door. Several times I got dirty looks until people saw that I had a cane and was having difficulty with mobility. Unfortunately people abuse these spots often - they have them on behalf of family members but they don't get how it disadvantages someone who really needs it if the family member is not in the vehicle. Once I was better I stopped using mine and it expired a few months later. It was a real eye opener for my friend who has a walker and is frustrated when all the Costco disabled spots are taken by people who have no apparent walking issues.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Oct 13th, 2016 at 09:54 AM.

Thread Information